Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• embaemba Posts: 2
    Antenna to long cant fit under garage door doesnt telescope strange cant back out without catching ?
  • Rarely do I hear complaints of some items being too long. Have you considered a bigger house? Maybe if you let the air out of the tires. How about opening the door a little farther? Hmmmm.

I guess there is the much shorter alternative aftermarket antenna mast available nationwide as well as at that certin online auction website. Don't know the radio reception will be affected 'tho with a MUCH shorter mast than intended. I guess time will tell. Maybe if you catch the mast enough times it will break off at the dotted line.
  • is there any way i could hook up a sub into the 2002 svt focus without changing the radio (6cd), i dont mind splicing wires, and why does the stock sub have an inpit of six wires? got to love factory :) any help would help
  • 05focus_s05focus_s Posts: 1
    Hi. I just bought a new 05 Focus 4 door, S model. It has a nice but standard 1 disc am/Fm radio. I has an AUX button on the front, and I'm wondering how I can use this? Where is the input? The owners guide doesn't say anything about this. I have Sirius radio and I'd like to plug it in if it has RCA jacks under there, but I don't necessarily want to pull the dash apart to find out. Thanks, Allen.
  • This hurts as I have been driving Fords exclusively since 1982. However, I have less than 2200 miles on my new Focus SX4 ST and the CD player has failed. I was playing MP3 files when it spit out the CD with an error code of "Bad CD." Subsequently, every CD that I try to load, even commercially available music CD's get rejected as "Bad."

It is a recurring problem as documented here and elsewhere. My dealer said that they would have to send the unit out for repair or replacement - will take three weeks. I called Ford customer service and was told that they could not help. It is a new car, I am a loyal Ford customer, and it is their premium "audiophile" unit. Am I being unreasonable to think that three weeks is too long to wait - hell, the car is barely three weeks old. I would have hoped for more from Ford. Apparently, loyalty to the company is a fool's game. If Mr. Ford is serious about turning his ailing company around, customer service and product accountability will need improvement.
  • cmunizcmuniz Posts: 604
    The supplier of the audio systems has had them on back-order due to the high number of defects as listed in TSB 05-10-19 that affects not only Focus, but also Fivehundreds, Freestyles, Mustangs and F-150s. I just had mine replaced in the Freestyle and it took 3 weeks to get the radio in from the supplier. Although it is in a Ford product and they have responsibility to replace it the problem lies with the manufacturer of the radio, NOT Ford. A little patience and then everything will be ok.
  • Thanks for the info - much more than I got from Ford. My son has a 2003 Focus with the audiophile head and is on his second replacement after only 25,000 miles. Can I assume my replacement will be free of defects, or will I receive another unit likely to fail? I have had Ford products ranging from my current Focus to a Lincoln and have a sense of brand loyalty. Of course, it helps that my brother-in-law just retired after 33 years at Ford and my father was an engineer there. Nevertheless, it's frustrating to get the run-around when all you want is some information. Thanks for taking time to point me in the right direction.
  • cmunizcmuniz Posts: 604
    My new radio/CD changer seems to be working ok, but it's too early to tell since previous problems seemed random. I'll be able to tell after a long trip this weekend. My daughter and her husband both work for Ford in Dearborn and I currently drive a Freestyle and thinking about trading in a Subaru for a Focus for my wife.
  • Good luck with the new unit. I took my Focus to the dealer Wednesday as there is a small paint problem that they are fixing. I suggested they leave the old radio and order a new one - swapping the two when the new one arrives. The service manager said he couldn't do it - that Ford would not allow it. I then pulled out the TSB with affected build dates and specific problems outlined. After a lot of huffying and puffying, he agreed to order a new radio - although said they may be on back order. If so, he would have to pull the unit for repair. I pick up the car this afternoon and will find out if there is a hole in my dash.

I'm not sure why this has to be such a struggle. In fairness to Ford, this has been a dealership issue. Like you, I have many family ties to Ford and am thankful for all of the A-plan purchases I have been able to make. I may be moving back to Michigan soon. If so, maybe I'll have better luck finding a reliable dealer.
  • nycb4enycb4e Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with my new Focus. I've been waiting over 3 weeks for a replacement. Ford customer service is a joke. They admit having a problem with the vendor yet failed to do anything about it... they can't even give me an estimated time for repair. I told them "dealing with ford is like dealing with a gov't agency.. everything is outsourced with no accountability... will never buy another ford".
    BTW, after 4k miles driven only get 24mpg... not the sticked claimed 27-32

Mad as hell. Sorry I have nothing positive to offer.
  • tdi guytdi guy Posts: 17
    I finally prevailed with the dealer - they have ordered a replacement while leaving my defective unit in the dash. Clearly, Ford/the dealer could have handled this better. I had to work much to0 hard to get the dealer to honor the warranty and Ford customer service seemed incapable of helping. That aside, I like the car. It is fun to drive and I am happy with the mileage. I just got 26 mpg for my last tank, and had my foot in it for much of it. On a recent extended trip, got 31.5 mpg for a tank when I had the cruise control set at 75 mph most of the way with several elevation changes. What the hell...I paid $15,500 for this thing and don't expect it to perform as a Lincoln. Other than the CD player, it has been just fine so far.
  • How is your new radio/cd changer workin? Six weeks after ordering a replacement, I finally went to my dealer for an update. Turns out the replacement has been sitting on a shelf - don't know how long it has been there. They were going to install it today, but discovered that they had the wrong radio. Couldn't get them to tell me if they ordered the wrong radio, or if the manufacturer was at fault. Regardless, now I'm back at the end of the line. Glad you had better luck. So far, I'm not impressed with Ford or my dealer. Otherwise, the car has been fine. Just got 33 mpg on a tank yesterday.
  • I bought a 2005 Ford Focus zx4 this past August, have just now put my 3000th mile on it, and today while driving away from the bank, the cd player spit out my disc, it has since then refused to accept any discs I try to put in. The rest of the entertainment system works just fine, but I rarely use my radio, I saw several other comments along this line and I was wondereing how long it should take to get it fixed/ replaced or whatever they do? :cry:
  • ttrojianttrojian Posts: 1
    Hi:

I have the exact same question. I have a 06 xr5 ses with the single cd and mp3 option. I have possed it to my dealer with no answer yet. I did remove the tray under the heater controls, it just pops out and felt a multi pin style plug on the back of my radio. I think this would be the input but I can not tell what type of plug it is yet. If you find anything out I'd like to know

Thanks, Tim
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,695
    maybe crutchfield can help you. i hope that works for new posts too. :blush:
  • rinsablerinsable Posts: 1
    I have a nice 2004 Ford Focus Zx3, and I have been very happy with this car. I took it to Bandimere today, and I had loads of fun. My stock 2.0L 16v Zetech was running low 18 to high 17 quarters.(high Colorado altitude) Not bad for a very inexperienced dragger. I know this is more of a rally style car, but I think it can keep up with the civics and crxs out there with some mods. I have been looking a lot at Focus Sport and have found almost every mod I can do to it. Im looking at doing a little at a time starting with the air intake. Im thinking of putting in the FocusSport™ 2.0L & 2.3L Duratec Cool-Flo Race™ Air Intake System. Do you think this would do me better than the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kit/ Short Ram?
  • truecndntruecndn Posts: 1
    I recently bought a new 06 ZX5 and absolutely love it! However, I wanted to start modifying the car, beginning with lowering it, but recently I was told that there are not yet kits available for the 06. Someone else had said that they only had kits available for the sedan and not the ZX5. Now, the car is new to me, but I noticed on the specs that the suspension and length of the frames are the same in the sedan, ZX3, and ZX5's SES models. Does it make a difference what model it is?
    Hopefully this can be answered for me.
    I know the next question is a little vague, but what other modifications can be done to the new 06's that anyone might know.
    Thanks in advance!
  • I have a 2002 4 door sedan. Plain old Twilight Blue LX model. I am looking for plates to cover the paint between the grab handle of the door and the door itself. Peoples' fingernails have scuffed up that area and the dark paint really shows it. I found some chrome "bowls" on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=14000710998- - - - 2&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    I was wondering if anyone has seen any in a black plastic like the handles.
  • lvnv000lvnv000 Posts: 1
    I had the same question. Try this website for a complete answer. http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/frd04-aux.pdf#search="Ford Focus Radi- o%20Aux%20button%22
  • I just bought my 03' zx5 last week and nothing has gone wrong until today.

When i got out of my car the radio was still playing even after i had taken the key out of the ignition.I tried turning it off but none of the buttons will work now. I couldn't even turn the volume down.When i was driving back to work the sound finally shut off but the radio was still on!I let my car sit for a few minutes and went back out to check on it, finally it was off.When i checked to see if the car would still start the radio at frist wouldn't come on,but when i pushed the on/off button it came on for just a second before freezing up again. Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? :sick:
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    Focus gives you 10 mins or until a door is opened of accessory power.

Normal to stay on after u shut off the car. Not normal to play after you open the door.

Mark.
  • Mine has never stayed on like that unless I press the power button, then it usually has an hour limit...mine is also only a 2000. But hey, if you need a new radio let me know - I just put aftermarket in mine and Im selling the factory one (which works fine) for cheap.
  • josh5mjosh5m Posts: 6
    Hey guys how do you replace the rear speakers in the trunk? There's this panel that I can't get off. I have other speakers I would like to install but I cant get that metal looking grill off. Any ideas?!?
  • Hi,

Anybody had a problem with this one? Both of the Keyless Entry knobs are broken (the hook which connects to the keychain is broken) and I blame Ford's stupid design team to design a piece like that. Anyway, what options do I have. I want my keychain AND keyless entry thing together. Any after market solution for this?

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the actual function of the keyless entry thing.

Thank you,
    Rahul.
  • I have 2000 Focus SE and the keyless entry system is not working neither are my power doorlocks. The dealer spent an hour diagnosing it (cost me 275) and then told me that they needed to pull out each door panel and look at each actuator motor, I refused because I could not afford it. I am wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and what did they do about it?
  • markus5markus5 Posts: 102
    OUTRAGIOUS,
    That is about 3 times the labor rate/hr that I am familiar with.
    When you brought the car in did they inform you of these possible charges? :mad:
  • Yeah there was going to be a 70 diagnosis fee and what ever it would cost to fix it, i I wanted the repairs done. I would have been ok paying if the thing would have been fixed. But apparently I they replaced a blown fuse which made the system work but the fuse blew again so they put in a new fuse. I got charged for the changing off fuses and since they had to open my door panels they charged a higher diagnosis fee. I HATE FORD and have even lost my love for the Cobra, I plan to light my Focus on fire once it stops working cause it has given me so many problems and I can barely afford it on a students salary. GO HONDA!!!
  • dvrdandvrdan Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 ford focus and I cannot find the aux jack I would like to know if anyone does.. My radio is a ford product and does have the button!!!
    thanks for any help
  • I thought I was going crazy I checked the manual and I am supposed to have a Aux jack and I cannot find it anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I stumbled upon this forum and found out someone else is having the same issue! PLEASE HELP! I want to use my car charger for my cell phone!!!!!!!!!!!!