Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-5

Comments

• audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    Find a dealer or tire shop that has a Road Force balancer....assuming there is no hidden problem, it should do the trick.
  • My next vehicle will be a CX-5 Sport with the 6 speed manual transmission. I was pretty much set on the Countryman, but after driving both I decided to save thousands of $$$ with the CX-5, and have the flexibility of installing an aftermarket in dash DVD-NAV deck. Oh yeah, I can also tow 2K.
  • wshful1wshful1 Posts: 3
    purchased a GT 3 weeks ago, having the same problem went back to the dealer balanced all 4 tires, still the same , the driver side mirror shakes so badly I think it might fall off. Back to the dealer again.
  • wshful1wshful1 Posts: 3
    you would think for $30 grand on a loaded GT they would include a compass, I found out after I purchased the car that you have to purchase it as an accessory for about $275 ,what a rip.
  • elby2elby2 Posts: 2
    Just purchased the cx5 about 3 weeks ago. My wife drives the car. Tonight was the first time I had the opportunity to drive the car at night. I would love to know what others think of these lamps. The light cuts off abruptly on the "horizon" making it impossible to drive more than 25 or 30 mph on low beams, on dark roads. It gives me the same feeling you get when trying to drive in heavy fog.....
  • Am replacing my beloved Mazda5 for something with 4-wheel drive for winter use (live in New England, and drive through the snow belt to visit family in the Great Lakes). Has anyone cross-shopped the Mazda CX-5 with Subarus? A new Outback and CX-5 with comparable trim and features are similarly priced (within $2000 or so). The 2012 Outback was not very much fun to drive, but its suspension has supposedly been upgraded quite a bit for 2013, which is supposed to improve handling and ride, but I doubt it will be as nice as the Mazda CX-5. On the other hand, Subaru is supposed to have the best AWD system.

How do you estimate the Mazda AWD will do in snow? And has anyone tried the 2013 Outback? Is it at least not a lot worse than the Mazda, in terms of being fun to drive?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    The light cuts off abruptly on the "horizon" making it impossible to drive more than 25 or 30 mph on low beams, on dark roads.

The line cut off is due to the shutter that is installed in the beam. The shutter is what cuts down the light projected in low beam vs high beam usage. When you turn on the high beam, the shutter is lifted, and you will notice you can see everything. The CX-5 functions like this because of the bi-xenon light application.

On dark roads, just turn on your high beam, and you should be fine.
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Posts: 775
    Xenon lights are garbage. Had them on my Lexus, never again! If you think they're bad on dark roads, wait till you drive at night in the rain! The narrow visible spectrum of HID/Xenon lights results in much less reflection from most objects, especially when they are darkened by water.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I respectfully disagree. Some xenon light applications are better than others but I would never say they are garbage.

Obviously, not everyone will like them, but they do offer brighter/better light than halogen's.
  • I can't agree more about the HD radio in the CX-5 being a problem! The signal is so sporadic that I usually have to just take it off HD mode because it only holds the HD signal (which sounds amazing) for a few fleeting seconds, and then it's gone.

Well, I spoke to a service manager at my local Mazda dealership, and he says he has had other complaints about the HD radio's poor signal capacity. He says that Mazda is looking into possibly issuing a new antena for the CX-5 to accomodate for the week signal. Now wouldn't that be nice!
  • danangmedanangme Posts: 22
    Thought a fight was going to break out at my Mazda dealer when a customer had a fit about the cutoff on the standard halogen lights on the Mazda 3.
    Didn't get involved but both of my Mazda 3's had that cutoff and my CX-5 with the HID's have that cutoff but I don't think it's as low as the halogen were.
    I really don't have a problem with it and the HID's light up the sides of the road to better see deer and pedestrians.
    My problem is a lack of HD radio stations around here,but what your experiencing is the difference between analog and digital.Analog will fade digital just shuts off when out of range of the station.I don't know about the rest of the country but HD didn't take off around here,Northeastern PA.
  • I live in Seattle, WA and I have driven through out the area with no problems with HD stations for the last five months. Also, this radio has the best radio reception of the last 5 cars I have owned. I am super impressed by its station sensitivity. Good luck.
  • elby2elby2 Posts: 2
    I appreciate yours and others comments about the HID lamps. I had heard about this shutter, but didn't realize it was actually the shutter that moves when you turn on the high beams. I also note in one response that the halogens also have a cut-off. I haven't yet driven the cx5 with halogen lamps. I will be very curious to see what kind of light those lamps make, as we are, at this point, trying to find out what it would take to have the HID system changed out for a halogen system - but I need to drive the halogen system at night before we do that...............waiting for the days to get shorter so that the dealership is open after dark. Thanks again for your thoughts.
  • I just purchased a CX5 a few weeks ago. My rear view camera stopped beeping- I didn't intentionally change any settings and I can't find anything in the manual about it. I want the beeping back! Has anyone else had the same issue?
  • Yours beeps? I have never heard any beeping during my backup camera use in my Mazda CX5, and I've had it for 4 months!
  • stan6201stan6201 Posts: 25
    No beeping on mine. I wonder if it was a later release item. I got mine in March.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,596
    no personally familiar with the mazda, but the only beeping I thought you would get is when you got really close to something? Of course that is how the pre-camera day sensoors worked, but no clue if they added that to the camera system. Maybe it is an optin to turn on/off?

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• I am wondering if anyone has had this problem. I live in the Buffalo, NY area. I somewhat purchased a CX-5 Sport just over a week ago. I say "somewhat" because the dealer is having major difficulties locating what I want....Sport model, AWD, liquid silver.(certainly not out of the ordinary!) This should be easy right?? There are currently only 9 within 250 miles however the dealers wont exchange outside of NY or PA because of "emissions law". One possible trade fell through and there is a possibility of one they are checking into. They are ordering me one in case this fails also. Unfortunately I will have to wait 3-4 months however I LOVE this vehicle and dont want to settle for any other...even though there are nice ones out there..... None excite me like the CX-5! Is their inventory scarce all over?? By the way, say I chose to upgrade to the Touring....there is ONE in silver within 250 miles. You can check inventory on the Mazda website so I know the dealer is being truthful! Frustrating yet I believe it will be worth the wait!
    You can't go by the Mazda website,some of the cars are on the way to the dealer or have already been sold.