Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Chevrolet Equinox

Comments

• I have the same v6 in my 1LT and experience the same hesitation/hard downshifts - they are probably normal. I have noticed with the 6 speed trannies for better fuel economy, they are slower to respond and help slow the car down when you let off on the accelerator - I rent a lot and feel this a lot on GMs and Fords. The accelerator is a bummer, I had to really hoof it to beat out a Scion IQ. But I can live with the hard down-shift as I do not have to brake as much as I did before. However, to answer another person's question - if I were towing, I would certainly go with a v6!
  • Maybe this is something your management may want to figure out. Customers are concerned about making the best purchase, not how hard the salesperson is working. There isn't much sympathy on either side of the auto sales business. Good luck.
  • Noticed today that the top of the cluster was extrememly hot to the touch. So hot, could not keep my hand on it. This does not seem normal to me. I have seen it mentioned one other time, but no answer. Anyone have any thoughts on this.
    Tom in Texas........
  • Hi I really want to get a Chevy Equinox but I'm not sure of the year. Or even a 2013 model. And pros or cons would be greatful
    thanks
  • Purchased a 2012 Equinox 4 cyl AWD one month ago and live on a country gravel road. Dust is coming in the rear latch and the two rear doors. Dealer fixed and said it was excessive gaps in LH RH rear doors and liftgate seals. The adjusted all door strikers inward. Well guess what - it is still doing the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they solve it. Have talked to 3 other equinox 2012 or 2011 owners with the same problem. Is there a solution?
  • I have the same problem with my 2011 SLT2 Terrain. At low speeds when I
    tramp on the accelerator, a real hesitation as if the engine is going to stall.
    When i ease off and accelerate slowly the car speeds up smoothly.
    Its as if the transmission gets lost between gears and the engine cuts the
    fuel off. As usual, the dealer says they can find nothing wrong.
    You would think they could reflash the computer chip and correct the problem
  • I have a 2012 Equinox LT2 and love it. I had a 2011 and had some problems so I made a deal with my dealer and got a 2012. We took a trip to Boston from Milledgeville GA and got as high as 34.1 mpg at one point, going through Virginia. We averaged 30.7 on our trip back from Boston. We average 27.5 around town and driving from Macon to Milledgeville. The best I have done on short trips is 28.3 mpg. (It's all the way you drive.) The vehicle runs great, handles great and has adequate power to pass and do anything I need. We have received many comments from strangers regarding the looks of the vehicle. We have the red color and love it. Can't think of anything negative to say.
  • I have just purchased a 2012 Equinox with a 4 cyl. When I first crank the engine it runs rough for a few minutes. I have not completed my dealership survey until I see if this problem continues. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Good afternoon rocketbob,

Are you noticing this issue when you are traveling at speeds below 35 miles per hour? If so, and if I understand your post correctly, I would recommend adjusting your acceleration so as to only be pushing in the gas pedal about half way rather than all the way down (per p. 9-35 in the manual). If we can check into anything further, please let us know by sending an email at socialmedia@gm.com (include the last 8 of your VIN and contact information along with your inquiry).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Congratulations on your Equinox, sonnyh777! We're so pleased to hear that you're enjoying it and wish you many more happy miles!

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Notice when cars are passing me on the left lane, that the traffic noise is very loud. It alsmost seems like the drivers door is not fully closed. Is there some sort of adjustment they can make to the door closure ??
    Tom in Texas
  • tomsfiretrucktomsfiretruck Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    Noticed that the front and back seat power outlets do not function when the engine is turned off, but yet the one in the cargo area works just fine.
    Any thoughts.................Tom in Texas

Nagging little things, for an otherwise good running/milage vehicle.
  • Congratulations on your new Equinox, smokey27, although we're sorry that you are having some concerns with the way it's idling upon start up. If you decide to have your dealership take a look into it and would like for us to follow up on that appointment, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details including: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. This will allow us to set up a Service Request and contact your service department.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Good morning tomsfiretruck,

Congratulations on your new Equinox! Aside from the road noise and power outlet concerns, we're glad that everything is going well. Are you planning on having your service department check into the power outlets and road noise concerns you are having? Keep us updated on what they say!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • ronwelronwel Posts: 57
    I can tell you that this is not a problem as this was how the car was designed. The manual mentions this...and both my 2010 and 2012 functioned this way.
  • I just bought a new 2012 Equinox and noticed that my exterior light sensor, located on top of the dashboard, flashes red every 4- 5 seconds when the vehicle is parked and when it is dark.
    Is this normal?
  • Yes this is normal. It is part of your security when car is off & locked :)
  • We just purchased a 2012 Nox on this past Thursday evening. The Nox is the first Chevy we have ever owned. This car was purchased for my wife. My wife drove the car to work and noticed noise coming from the engine. We took Nox back to the dealer to complain about the noise and of course the dealer convinced us that it was the Nox’s engine character in other words “the norm”. We listened to one of the other Nox the rough engine noise was the same.

My wife did have a hard time explaining the noise. However, low and behold, I sided with the dealer saying “Maybe it is the engine general performance”, because it was the same in one of the other Nox.

It wasn’t until Saturday night when my wife return from the hospital visiting her friend she asked me to hurry out to the garage and listen to the Nox. It was than I noticed what she was talking about. There was a vibration noise that could be heard inside the car. Vibration noise is the best way that I can describe the noise. The noise was the same sound heard when something is out of line. When the engine first starts the noise isn’t there. The noise start out low and increase as the engine becomes warmer if I can use this term.

I’m at “Awh” for a few reasons, one when we took the car back, my wife decided she didn’t want the car, because it was purchased as a brand new vehicle. When something is purchased new the expectation is, you’re not buying a problem to be return to be repaired later. If we wanted this issue we would have gone to a used car dealer. Second, the dealer was more concern about keeping the car sold and not wanting us to return the vehicle vs., finding out if we were 100% satisfied with car we purchased. The noise is annoying especially when you’re use to a vehicle that has little to no outside engine noise.

Have anyone else experienced or is experiencing this vibration noise issue? My concern is, it this noise is happening in a brand new vehicle, what is it going to sound after a few months of driving.
  • If you bought your Nox under the promotion of returning it if you did not like it and did not take the $500 discount in lieu of the ability to return it you have some leverage on your side. However, if you have the issue now, your bumper to bumper warranty will cover whatever needs to be done; the question is did you let the service dept go out with you on a test drive to duplicate noise? If not you need to do so in order to build your case with the dealer if the dealer is not responsive then switch to a dealer who is. These are great cars and I hope you get your questions answered quickly.

Please let me know if I can be of further help. Good luck.
  • Good afternoon junejune1,

Congratulations on your new Equinox! However, we're very sorry to hear that you're already experiencing some concerns with vibration noises.

I see you've consulted your dealership on this noise already and would like to offer to follow up on this with your dealership. Please email us the following information at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service