Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Chevrolet Equinox

Comments

• OK...as predicted they couldn't get the car to reproduce what it did to me and neither could I. The Tech guy from the dealership rode around with me for an hour, with a computer hooked up to it, and it drove like a dream! Ugg!!
    I took it up heals stop and started abruptly...nothing.
    It's going to be one of those things that they'll never be able to figure out!
    Frustrated! :confuse:
  • kev403kev403 Posts: 2
    Sarah do you actual work for GM? and how would you assist me with my dealership?
  • Water in muffler is normal. Some cars have more water come out tial pipe then others. Water from tail pipe is whats left from the fuel/air mix after its burned thru the motor. On older cars it ment more water out the tail pipe. The carbrator was ajusted right.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Good morning kev403,
    I do work for General Motors (we do use an @gm.com email address for private communication as indicated in my last post: socialmedia@gm.com). What we do as Customer Service Representatives is document that you're having this concern in a file attached to your name and the VIN of your vehicle, we would contact your dealership to get a better feel for what is going on technically, and would stay with you until hopefully the concern is resolved.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Chevy knows there is a problem with the computer chip and all the service bullitens that are out on this.

We bought a 2012 in march of 12. At about 5,000 miles we notice the car was missing slightly in the transmission. We took it to the dealer and they said they could not find anything. We we still would get the problem once in a while. We now have 18,000 miles on it and its in the shop again for the same thing. They said it was the computer chip. The next day they called and said many service bullitens where out on the 2012 equinox transmission. We are no on day 3 as they basiclly rebuilt the trans, No they are waiting to program the computer chip. So don't let them tell you there is nothing wrong. Press the issue. Im so disappointed. Chevy make tuff cars, but when the trans slips at 5,000 miles something is wrong.
  • i just hope the rebuilt is as good as a brand new one. I thinking we should ask for a new transmission
    Hi elite8539,

I'm sorry to hear of this issue. Its certainly important to us that you are completely satisfied with your vehicle. I'm glad that we have the opportunity to make it right for you. Please let me know if I can help:-)

Sincerely,
    Crystal
    GM Customer Care
  • fpc99fpc99 Posts: 1
    Hello,

We have a 2012 6 cyl. coincidentally purchased in March of 2012 as well. We had some odd transmission slipping in several instances of shifting in and out of park, especially into reverse - right from the start. We also had occasional messages to "Service Stabilitrak" I noticed this occurred when anything at all substantial was put in the rear cargo area. Each time we called the dealership and were told this is normal "adjustment" and to be sure we're not shifting with our foot off the brake etc.
    I am very disappointed to learn there are service bulletins out and no one is telling us. We cannot afford to take time off and be without a vehicle - but it looks like we may be headed toward major inconvenience and possible safety issues(?) My other car is a 2013 Equinox. Could there be similar issues with that one as well?
  • Hi all - I goggled my problem and found this website. My vehicle is jerking and my feet on not even on the gas. It almost made me rear end the car in front of me and caught me so off guard.

Dropped my car off at Chevy Performance this morning in Chapel Hill and they state they can't duplicate it. This is a major safety concern. I have emailed GM customer care today as well.

Service claims there's no service alerts on this problem but you all are reporting numerous alerts. Why don't they just fix it?
  • Call GM directly like I did: 1-800-222-1020
  • Is there anything in the works for a class action lawsuit for this vehicle. I had read somewhere that something was being put together, I would like to participate since my 2010 is currently at the dealer for engine replacement, and by reading the reviews replacing the motor doesn't solve the issues.
  • moparblue2moparblue2 Posts: 86
    We have 2012 Nox. this is normal. Part of security.
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Posts: 148
    edited May 2013
    No big surprise but of course, the problem couldn't be duplicated. "sigh"

Was looking at a Kia Sportage, might do it again since my 06.5 Optima is running like a clock with over 100K miles!
  • elizabeth41elizabeth41 Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox that is also have the same engine problems (diesel-like start, rough idle, stalling, etc). It has been at the dealership for 5 days, and they have yet to "duplicate" the problem. The "problem" was occurring all weekend before I dropped it off to the dealership on Monday. What do you do when the dealership cannot "duplicate" the problem? I'm terrified to drive the vehicle, and I for sure don't want to take my 2 year old son around in it. Should I contact GM? Should I insist the dealership keep it until they can duplicate the problem? What are my legal rights in this situation?
    Hello Elizabeth41
    I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing such frustrations. I would like you to contact me so I can look into this for you. Please send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com ATTN: Jackie and I will exhaust every resource that I have to try and help you get this issue resolved. We would not want any customer to experience what you have described.

Jackie
    Chevrolet Customer Care
  • amanda823amanda823 Posts: 1
    I bought a 2011 Chevy Equinox in October of 2010. Since purchasing it, I've had nothing but trouble. The engine burned oil, and the engine had to be replaced. I am currently waiting for a new catalytic convertor. I've also had trouble with the car randomly stalling and shutting off. I don't know that I would recommend an equinox to anyone. I feel like I'm constantly at the garage.
    amanda823,

So sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience with your 2011 Equinox. Have you spoken with GM Customer Service about your repeated issues?

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • bigkritterbigkritter Posts: 30
    I got my first new car for mothers day last year. I thought after turning 50 it was time. There has been a number of things to go wrong, When I take it in for shifting problems they tell me a 4 cylinder was not made to go fast on demand. (which is a line of *&%$%* Then second time they tell me I am confusing the computer by letting up on gas than pressing down on gas. another line of *(&%#*.) third time could not duplicate any problems was told they have a data link they can put on the car to get readout while driven it, Waited over 30 day due to they could not download updated stuff to the data link, then I called and they said they had it now. Took car in, they rest tranny info and said it would learn how I drive. Oh ya they never installed a data link on my car. When trying to merge on freeway The tack goes up high than i let up on gas it does not go down or shift to next gear. also I have had problems with track stabellizer light coming on, which when I check book it tells you how to reset, (ok why did it come on to begin with?) Check engine lights comes on, something about EVAP. Locks unlock sometimes when driving, info center dimes sometimes turns off. my headlight sensor on dash when completely covered by hand does not make lights go on auto, was told if I put a piece of paper over it it would work, Do I beleave all of the Bull ^%$) no ,so whats up. Anyone else been told about this data link?
    Hi bigkritter,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your vehicle. I would like to research this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is socialmedia@gm.com "Attn Crystal" in the subject line. Look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal L-GM Customer Care
    Hi bigkritter,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your vehicle. I would like to research this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is socialmedia@gm.com "Attn Crystal" in the subject line. Look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal L-GM Customer Care