Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey tonystarks22. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for a GT FWD model would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Carman,

Any new programs/changes to lease program for June? Are they still the same for May?
  • captainrodcaptainrod Posts: 10
    supertoyz,

Help me out. I am still not convinced that you have equity in your lease and still contend that you have 0 equity during the lease. Is a leased vehicle included in net worth calculations? Don't you have to own something to have equity in it? You cannot modify the leased car by contract because you don't own it.

The lease end scenario that you describe is a flip. You are buying the car from the leasing company for 1 value and selling it for a higher value. During the lease you do not own any part otherwise you could liquify. If your buyout is $10k which you give to leasing company and sell it for an ACV of $12k, you acquired (not recovered) equity at the point of the buyout and liquified it at the point of sale.
  • supertoyzsupertoyz Posts: 3
    I guess you are technically correct....but what's the point? The bottom line is at the end of the lease you have the option to buy the car for a predetermined amount which is likely less than it's ACV. If you choose to purchase the car you then would have obtained it's equity. When you look at your option to buy price and the ACV of the car, why would anybody leave that kind of cash on the table? Again technically you are right that it's not equity until you own it however in my opinion it's irrelevent since it's mine to collect if I choose.

PS - It's a busy spring for me with 3 leases ending within 60 days of each other. Doing well so far with this batch of leases. Sold my wifes XC70 to the dealer for almost $4K over the buyout. Bought our CX-9 for $6K under NADA avg trade value (I guess now that one can be can be considered equity). And put our 2009 Subarua Outback out front yesterday and within 6 hours had an offer for $22k. It's only loan value but still not bad considering the buyout is $15,200 and negotiated purchase price was only $25,200. I think that one will have the best return ever.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    And put our 2009 Subaru Outback out front yesterday and within 6 hours had an offer for $22k. It's only loan value but still not bad considering the buyout is $15,200 and negotiated purchase price was only $25,200. I think that one will have the best return ever.

And people call car dealers thieves. lol
  • sentientsentient Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I cross posted by mistake in the prices paid and buying experience. Didn't see this one for some reason.

I'm looking at a CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech.
    I'm curious what the residual and MF would be if I got a 36mo/15K lease or a 42mo/15K lease.
    I'm in the Houston area.

Also, can you confirm for me that the Acquisition fee is $595 for Chase still? A finance manager fed me a line the other night about how "if you don't put money down, the fee is $745."

Thank you so much for your help. So far I've been rather disappointed by the quotes I've gotten from various dealers.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    edited July 2012
    You're in the right place, sentient. Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 GT FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00134 and 51%.

Chase's base acquisition fee is indeed still $595. I don't believe that the fee increases for consumers who don't make a down payment.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride and make sure to stop back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • sdridersdrider Posts: 8
    Curious if you knew the August lease factor on a 2013 CX-5 FWD with 12K miles per year? Thanks!
  • I certainly do sdrider. Mazda's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Sport FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car_Man,

Could you please let us know 2013 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring MF and Residual with 12K miles per year and 15K miles per year.
    Thank you in advance.
  • I'd be happy to help you out alexfrnch. Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00074 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • merkmalmerkmal Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Could I get the going lease rates for 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD fully loaded with the tech package? [EDIT] I forgot to mention I only need between 7500 to 10,000 miles a year. I currently only have 5200 miles on my car with less than 2 weeks away from owning it one full year. [/EDIT] [EDIT 2] I also forgot to mention 36 months [/EDIT 2]

Looking to free up some equity in my current vehicle to put toward adoption while also getting something more family friendly. This will be my first lease and I want to make sure I get the best deal. I should have around $15k in equity on my current car and part of that I will put down toward dropping lease payments below my current 3 year loan ($262 a month) and the rest will be going toward my upfront adoption costs.

Thanks in advance!
  • Wow that's a very nice story, merkmal. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Chase's October buy rate lease lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00074 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You actually shouldn't put any money down on your new lease. Save it all for the adoption process. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be slightly higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Good luck with your quest for a new ride and the adoption process. Make sure to stop back and let us know how everything turns out with both.

Car_man
    Host
  • Interested in one of these for my wife. Would like to know the current residual & MF for a 12k/yr lease. Thanks much.
  • If I did the reverse analysis of the CX-5 advertised rate (239 for 36). That seems to be a 57% residual and a pretty low MF.
  • Hi mustgofast. Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00074 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Grand Touring AWD would be the same, but the residual value would be 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Good analysis mustgofast. You're close. See my previous post for the information that you need. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello,

I am planning to lease Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD + Moonroof.
    What is the best I can get to lease? down payment? money factor and residual?

Thanks
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the November lease numbers on 2012 and 2013 awd sport cx5s. . I'm looking for the resid and mf on 24 and 36 month leases with 12k mi per yr.

Thanks
  • reignreign Posts: 20
    Car_Man,
    Can you please give me the residual and MF for a 2013 CX5 Touring model in TX (Dallas area) for November on a 39 and 42mo lease with 10K mi. yr?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.