Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• I'd be happy to help you out alexfrnch. Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00074 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • merkmalmerkmal Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Could I get the going lease rates for 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD fully loaded with the tech package? [EDIT] I forgot to mention I only need between 7500 to 10,000 miles a year. I currently only have 5200 miles on my car with less than 2 weeks away from owning it one full year. [/EDIT] [EDIT 2] I also forgot to mention 36 months [/EDIT 2]

Looking to free up some equity in my current vehicle to put toward adoption while also getting something more family friendly. This will be my first lease and I want to make sure I get the best deal. I should have around $15k in equity on my current car and part of that I will put down toward dropping lease payments below my current 3 year loan ($262 a month) and the rest will be going toward my upfront adoption costs.

Thanks in advance!
  • Wow that's a very nice story, merkmal. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Chase's October buy rate lease lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00074 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You actually shouldn't put any money down on your new lease. Save it all for the adoption process. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be slightly higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Good luck with your quest for a new ride and the adoption process. Make sure to stop back and let us know how everything turns out with both.

Car_man
    Host
  • Interested in one of these for my wife. Would like to know the current residual & MF for a 12k/yr lease. Thanks much.
  • If I did the reverse analysis of the CX-5 advertised rate (239 for 36). That seems to be a 57% residual and a pretty low MF.
  • Hi mustgofast. Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00074 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Grand Touring AWD would be the same, but the residual value would be 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Good analysis mustgofast. You're close. See my previous post for the information that you need. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello,

I am planning to lease Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD + Moonroof.
    What is the best I can get to lease? down payment? money factor and residual?

Thanks
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the November lease numbers on 2012 and 2013 awd sport cx5s. . I'm looking for the resid and mf on 24 and 36 month leases with 12k mi per yr.

Thanks
  • reignreign Posts: 20
    Car_Man,
    Can you please give me the residual and MF for a 2013 CX5 Touring model in TX (Dallas area) for November on a 39 and 42mo lease with 10K mi. yr?
    Thanks!
  • Hi dolphin5. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Sport AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00080 and 54%.

There is no 2012 version of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello reign. Chase's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 touring FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00088 and 47% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kokos7kokos7 Posts: 22
    Can you please post the residual/MF for 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD in NJ for December, 36 month, 15K/yr miles and 12K/yr. Any special offers/discounts for December?
  • Carman:

Could you provide MF and residual for CX-5 fwd Touring for December for 15,000 miles/36 mos. lease?

Thanks
  • Certainly kokos7. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that Chase provides a 1% bump for leases with only 12,000 miles per year.

Mazda is not providing any cash incentives on leases of this vehicle that I am aware of right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go pupper4. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man!

Are the December numbers the same for Grand Touring as Touring?

thank you very much!

Andrew
  • Good question, Andrew. The money factors are the same for all CX-5 trim levels. However, Chase's residual value for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a '13 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD is 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lromelrome Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

I just started the process of looking for the best lease for a 2013 cx5 touring base model. Got a quote for Invoice price of 24,540.00, $323.00 monthy not including tax, residual of 50% and cap cost of $24,600 for a 42 month lease/ 15 months/sign and drive. I'm located in South Florida...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  • Hi lrome. Dealer invoice is a good selling price for a leased 2013 CX-5.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello,

Could you provide money factor, residual, and amount of down payment required on the above model for February in Illinois?

Thanks
  • I'd be happy to help you out, pupper4. Chase's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 (wow, it's amazing that there's 2014 models out already) Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00072 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You aren't required to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction on a lease, but you will likely have to pay some things at lease signing, including your vehicle's first month's payment, Chase's $595 acquisition fee and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
  • Can I get the money factor and residual for a 2014 CX5 GT for 39 months and 10k miles a year in Southern California?
  • This is what I got from 2 dealerships on the GT 2014. This includes one where I negociated twice (coming back) and one with the Costco price matching.

Terms A:
    3,000 down
    42 months
    10000 miles

Best Available Quote: $309+ tax

Terms B:
    3,000 down
    36 months
    10000 miles

Best Available Quote: 329+tax

What do you guys think? I'm located in South FL. What's weird is that at Ford they're quoting me about $239+tax on a $30,000 vehicle for the term B above...

Thanks for the help.
  • Hi Carman!

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Illinois with 10k miles/year? Do you expect those numbers to change for March? Not sure I'll get to the dealer this week.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go chicago80. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00007 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $500 cash incentive available on leases of this vehicle that you definitely should take into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • hofmaniahofmania Posts: 1
    Just drove one of these over the weekend and it was a fantastic car. Could you give me the numbers for SF Bay Area on

Touring AWD
    GT AWD

36 month, 12k miles

Thanks a ton in advance
  • ng09ng09 Posts: 2
    Hello and thanks for all the info so far.... really helps out in the new car hunt.

I received the following quote for a 2014 CX5 AWD Touring and Grand Touring. Any suggestions on where to sweeten the deal or bring the price down a bit? I am located outside of Chicago.

1. CX-5 AWD Grand Touring.
    Internet Price : $28,612
    Terms: 15K. $445 x 35 mths. with 1st month, license and title down. ( $664)

2. CX-5 AWD Touring. (with Moonroof/ Bose)
    Internet Price: $26,524
    Terms: 15K. $412 x 35 mths. with 1st month, license and title down. ( $631)

Residual Values: 54% at 15K
    Money factor: .00007

Thanks again for all of the advice!
  • Dear Car Man,

I've been having a real hard time getting the information I need from the local dealership in Hawaii (Oahu). I'm looking to lease the above referenced vehicle and no one there seem to be able to tell me the following questions:

What is the residual value for the vehicle at 12K miles for 36 months
    What's the current money factor.

Can you please help me? Thanks!
  • vtx1vtx1 Posts: 2
    I just leased a 2014 Touring AWD with the Bose/Moonroof package for $350/month for 36 months, with zero down and zero out of pocket. Did I score a good deal? They also gave me $18k for my trade in, which was basically full blue book trade value. It was $2k more than what carmax offered. Oh, my mileage allotment is 15k per year.

How did I do?
This discussion has been closed.