Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• tijuana19tijuana19 Posts: 40
    What Money Factor did they give you on the lease?
    Car_Man,

Looking for your help again, dealers are playing around with the MF and need to confirm rates for: 2014 CX-5 FWD Gran touring , 36mo @ 12k/15k mi lease. Thanks in advance!!
  • vtx1vtx1 Posts: 2
    I'm not sure, I have to look at the papers one more time. I just thought $350/month with zero down was a decent deal and went for it, plus they offered $2k more than carmax for my trade in, that was the main thing in my agenda.

This is my first lease ever by the way.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    edited March 2013
    Here you go hofmania. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 CX-5 GT AWD are .00007 and 56%.

Mazda is providing a $400 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi ng09. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money. That's a good thing. It's difficult to evaluate these selling prices without knowing what these vehicles' MSRPs are. Let us know and we can tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
    Aloha carshophawaii. As you probably have been able to tell, Hawaii is a tough market. The lack of competition definitely makes it difficult to get good deals there. That's the price that you have to pay to live in paradise :).

Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00043 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tijuana19. This vehicle's lease program is regional. What state are you in?

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2013
    California.

After some questioning I got quoted a MF of .00063 and 57% residual 12k/36mo. is that right? (2014 FWD CX-5 Grand Touring) 15k would be 1 point less on the residual.
  • ng09ng09 Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man.

Here's what I could come up with regarding the MSRP you had questions on:

1. CX-5 AWD Grand Touring- $29,049 MSRP
    (Quoted Internet Price : $28,612)

2. CX-5 AWD Touring (with Moonroof/ Bose) - $27,790 MSRP
    (Quoted Internet Price: $26,524)

Appreciate the help so far and please let me know if that info helps you out at all.
  • d_nd_n Posts: 3
    Hi
    I test drove the cx-5 and liked it but i got a quote for 520/460 for 24/36 months. This was a sign and drive deal and i said no way.

What will be a good leasing deal for a CX-5 in NY? dealer said MSRP is 27.5K

Thanks
    D
  • Thank you so much, Car_man. You're right about the lack of competition, frustrating sometimes. Will keep you posted about what happens. Plan to go negotiate this weekend!
    You're welcome ng09. Thanks for the additional information. OK, so you were quoted a discount of $437 on the Grand Touring and $1,266 on the Touring. The first thing that pops out is the large difference between the two quotes. Why are you being given a larger discount on a less expensive vehicle. The Touring definitely seems like the better deal of the two.

The selling price that you were quoted on the '14 CX-5 Touring AWD is below its dealer invoice price of $26,924, and is a really good deal.

There isn't a huge spread between the CX-5's MSRP and dealer invoice price, less than $1,000, so even the $437 discount that you were quoted on the Grand Touring isn't bad.

Assuming both of these vehicles are 2014 models, the Touring is the better deal, but both offers are fair.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, carshophawaii. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2013
    Car_Man,

Can you confirm lease rates for Socal region, Mazda CX-5 FWD Grand Touring 12k/15k @36months. Imagine that lower trim touring is 1% less? Thanks!!!
  • d_nd_n Posts: 3
    Leased a 2014 cx-5 , GT , FWD, with tech package this weekend
    363 a month , 42 months, tax and bank fee included and no money down.
    hope its a good deal
    love the car so far.
  • In my opinion this would be a good deal for 36 months but I might be wrong.
    I would like it more if it were 36 months, priced around invoice would give your price. Still that is a pretty loaded cx-5 car for that money.
  • jenb30jenb30 Posts: 1
    Hi,

Was this a good deal? I signed the papers on Sat night (3/30 - month end) and had a feeling that I should have waited...Please let me know your thoughts, good or bad.

If I did make some mistakes, hopefully others can learn from it. I did my homework and I thought I knew what I was doing but honestly when you're there at the dealer (and you're really hungry) it's not as easy as you'd think. Rookie mistakes. I know it's a popular model and was a little afraid that the lease offers wouldn't be as good in the future. I probably should have refused to pay some of the extra fees but I choked.

This model does not have the Bose/Moonroof package.

I traded in my 04 civic sedan with 146k miles on it - sight unseen for 4k. They just ran the VIN and offered me the 4k. I put half towards the fees, first month's payment, etc, but took a check for the balance and put no money down.

Here is the info from the lease agreement:

MSRP: 26,700
    Gross Cap Cost: 26,130
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 26,898
    Residual: 15,253
    Money Factor: .00093
    Monthly Payment: 362
    0 Security

::::Itemization of Gross Cap cost::::
    Tax (Maryland, 6%): 1,339.74
    Title, Reg: 272
    Acquisition: 595
    Doc Fee: 199
    Gross Cap Cost: 28,535

::::Monthly Payment Determination::::
    Gross Cap Cost: 28,535
    Cap Cost Reduction: 1637
    Adj Cap Cost: 26,898
    Residual: 15,253
    Depreciation: 11,645
    Rent Charge: 1,411
    Total base of monthly Payments: 13,056
    Lease Payments: 36
    Total Payment: $362.68

Not gonna lie, the lease agreement was a bit more overwhelming when compared to the simplistic examples that I've been going over online for the past few weeks. I'm also going to bet that in 3 years this vehicle will sell for much more than $15k.

Thanks!
    Well, I wasn't able to finish a deal before the end of the month :( . Every dealer was throwing a different Money factor and didn't feel like making a mistake by trusting any of them.

So Car_Man, would really appreciate it if you update us with April's lease rates for a Mazda CX-5 FWD Grand Touring 12k/15k 36months, southern California region. Thanks!!
    Sure tijuana19. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year in Southern California are .00013 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.