Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda CX-5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
edited January 30 in Mazda
Tell us about shopping for a new CX-5!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• I went to the dealership to get a cx5 GT with tech. They wanted me to pay a $1000 premium over msrp.. They said it was supply and demand and the hype on this car is overwhelming.. So I just walked out.. Will wait until the price goes down..
  • edo65edo65 Posts: 2
    $1000 over msrp not bad,they wanted $3000 over in Ontario,will definitely wait
  • There was 1 CX-5 at the dealership in Lancaster, PA that I drove and liked. It was 2WD Touring. The sale price component offered on a GT lease deal was about $400 under MSRP. This results in a offering that is not competitive with the small SUV/crossover segment. I have enough experience to know when negotiations start so unfavorably they rarely make it to the favorable side. I cannot wait till prices drop since I am in the market now. Other industries generally do not have higher prices just because a product is new to market, hence my problem with "haggle" shopping. I don't think the Lorax marketing campaign justifies the high prices as other press bills the CX-5 as undercutting Honda/Toyota/etc. in MPG and base price. The implication that the price is better is not true right now. I found the CX-5/Mazda/Lorax articles on greenreports.com interesting.
  • crystycrysty Posts: 3
    Is 26k out the door a good price for a touring model with moonroof? Thanks
  • glossgloss Posts: 149
    We paid $27,800 out the door (taxes, tags, title, registration, gas, etc) for a Sky Blue Touring with the Moonroof and Tech packages (invoice $25708, MSRP $27005). I'm sure we could have haggled them a bit lower, but the overall buying experience was so pleasant that I didn't really mind. They spent a couple of days tracking down the exact car we wanted (in Pennsylvania, no less), and our sales guy drove up there himself to retrieve it. No mess, no pressure.

Bought at Brown's Chantilly Mazda, Chantilly VA.
  • To gloss: How did you get that price? What did you say because I just came back from a dealer denying this was impossible, showing me the invoice etc. did you have a trade in? Please let me know bc im sick of these dealers trying to sc--- me. Any help is appreciated. What do you think would be a good price OTD (out the door) for AWD moon and tech. in NJ? or AWD with moon only? Thnx in advance!
  • pppkpppk Posts: 5
    I just came back from the dealer for a CX-5 Touring AWD with power moon roof with a total of $26,950(including destination cost), do u think this is a good pricing .....???
  • lamb14lamb14 Posts: 1
    I purchased my Touring FWD with moon roof package for $24,800 (Invoice $24,653, MSRP
    $25,820). That included the destination charge, but not taxes, tags, registration, etc...those vary by state, so the OTD price can be drastically different depending on where you live. My state sales tax is 6%, but there are some states with tax as much as 11%.
    The dealer where I purchased did not have the vehicle I wanted, so they had to find me one.
    I also got a 36 month factory scheduled maintenance plan at no charge for having been a Mazda owner (I had a 2003 Protege 5 but did not trade it in: sold to Carmax for $1500 more than the dealer was going to give me).
    I hope this information helps out!
  • imm19imm19 Posts: 12
    As of today FitzMall is selling at invoice price or bellow :)
  • pppkpppk Posts: 5
    I just bought a CX-5 AWD Touring with MoonRoof and Bose Speakers in NJ for a price of $27,500 OTD ( MSRP: 25,500) - Had a 2 hour negotiation with the dealer to get down to this price.

I like the Car.. and its cool to drive.

Hope this helps you.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,047
    It would help if you just gave us the actual sales price and dealer fee. Forget the sales tax and title/plate costs as that is drastically different state to state. Are you saying that you paid MSRP of $25500 and the taxes, title, plates and dealer fee totalled another $2000 to bring it to $27,500????? Pretty confusing.

OTD price really doesn't help the vast majority of members here.
  • glossgloss Posts: 149
    Sorry. Sales tax for cars in VA is only about 3%, so we essentially paid a couple hundred under MSRP, or around $26,800, for the loaded Touring.
  • That's sounds like an awesome deal, but to me it doesn't make sense bc the MSRP of a AWD Touring with the moonroof/bose package is not 25,500, its 27,070. If you can explain this more or tell me where you got this car from then I would greatly appreciate it (remember no names, just dealership) If I come off sounding like a jerk, I apologize, but I''m just frustrated with dealers trying to scr-- me. I appreciate any and all the help I can get. for example what you said, or if you had a trade in or whatever. I looked at the another website that said the AWD Touring CX 5 with the moonroof/bose package is MSRP = 27,070 Factory Invoice = 26,160 and Dealer cost = 25,783. Like I said before any and all help is appreciated for getting the FINAL aka out the door price (OTD) in NJ where its 7% sales tax.
  • esbeeesbee Posts: 1
    Just put a deposit down on a FWD Touring with moonroof/bose package. MSRP of $25,820. Purchase price of $24,981, includes destination. Located in Raleigh, NC.
  • rcutch21rcutch21 Posts: 2
    I got what I considered to be an excellent deal for the new CX-5.

MSRP: $25,820
    Invoice: $25,011
    Touring, FWD, w/ Moon Roof Package. 0.9% for 3 years. Black mica exterior and black interior.

Paid $23,700 for the car itself. Their fees were a little ridiculous, but after taking off an optional fee of $199, I walked out the door paying $26,177 (New Jersey sales tax of 7%).
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    A reporter is looking to interview people who bought new cars during the month of March 2012. Please email pr@edmunds.com with the make and model of your purchase and your daytime contact info no later than Monday, April 2, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Folks- the boats have apparently landed with the coveted CX5s. Mazda does a good job of inventory on their website. Check your area there are now a slew of these cars. The one I picked up was gone from their site immediately after I drove off and that is where I found it. The CX5 is certainly selling briskly....but it is just like anything else....they trying to move them. You should be able to get this vehicle for around invoice with some haggling. I did. Lets see if it holds. Great vehicle...my abbreviated review:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f2524b7/153!make=Mazda&model=CX-5&ed_make- index=.f2524b7
  • minghiminghi Posts: 21
    could you break down the math please?
    23,700+1659(tax)+199(doc fee?)+85(title fee)+211(reg fee) = 25854
    did I miss something
    also which dealer was this?
    thanks
  • rcutch21rcutch21 Posts: 2
    They threw in a "Dealer prep" fee of $100. Their "Doc fee" was $400 I believe. They tried to throw in "Window Etching" for $200, but I told them I didn't want it.

The tax might've been based off of the $23,700 + the $100 dealer prep. The total was definitely $26,177. I wasn't complaining about the outrageous other fees because the out the door price was over $1,000 cheaper than the other dealers in my area.

Open Road Mazda in East Brunswick, Middlesex county.
  • fonefixerfonefixer Posts: 247
    Seems like a very good price! I have only seen CX-5 Grand Touring AWD for $30,415.00 +T/T/L. What is difference between Touring and Grand Touring models?
  • sparklandsparkland Posts: 108
    The biggest differences are leather and 19" wheels.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,047
    The GT also includes moonroof and Bose stereo and a few other things.
  • CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/Technology package has an MSRP of $30,415 and I received selling price quote of $29,000 in Pennsylvania. However, I leased a Honda instead so it is bitter/sweet. Much better lease deal. :) Driving 2nd choice vehicle. :(
  • In the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I'm seeing about ~$500-$1,000 off sticker in general, and no add-ons for wheel locks, etc. Good news is that inventories are getting healthy - every dealer seems to have a decent supply (6-8 on the lot with fairly frequent arrivals) and you can pretty much get whatever color-package combo your looking for without too much of a wait around here.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    A reporter is looking for new-car buyers who feel they've been victimized by unscrupulous salespeople. Email pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with a few words about your experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I'm getting a quote of $23200, before all the fees, for the Touring FWD. Another dealer I contacted with telling me that's too good, that the other guy must be misleading me and he wouldn't match because he'll be "losing money to sell a new 2013 car". He may be right, this other guy probably didn't include the destination fees, and I heard that dealership charges $900 in dealer fees. So total, after 6% tax, will be more than $26k. With that price, I can get a CR-V EX. Ugh, don't know what to do.
  • jazjazjazjaz Posts: 1
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the Grand Touring FWD (GT) version with navi and the works ?

I know online it says about 29,880.

?

Any help is appreciated.
  • nsbio1nsbio1 Posts: 65
    edited April 2012
    licoolbean: could you ask both dealers for the final, out of the door price inclusive of all fees? That would make a decision as to what to do much easier.
  • her0her0 Posts: 1
    got a sport auto transmission with blue tooth package, those shark fin things, wheel locks, and other small bells and whistles. They had it at $23695 + another $3000 something markup, which was before fees and taxes (which was around $1800).

The mark up is total bs and dont believe the, "its a hot car, I got people lined up for it, you should buy it now." I probably still paid more than I should have, but I was able to get it for $24000 with fees and the taxes included. I also traded in a 10 year old car (which I got wayyy more than I expected) and got another $500 off for the mazda loyalty program, but I am extremely happy with my purchase. I was there for about 5 hours for the dealing and financing. I also had to show I was willing to walk away.
  • they had 1 sport, about 8 or so tourings and 3 GT AWD's. We wanted a GT AWD and told them we were ready to pull trigger, but they wouldnt budge from MSRP. I cant let myself pay full pop for a car that will be blown out for invoice in a month or two. Thus we'll wait. No rush.