Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda CX-5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Bought a new 2014 CX5 Touring FWD (Soul Red with Black intereior) from a dealership in Houston, TX

MSRP : $25, 710
    Trade-in : ($3,500)
    Discount : ($900)
    Loyalty Rebate : ($500)
    TTL : $1,525
    Down Payment : $0
    Financed Value : $22,335
    Finance Rate : 0.9% for 36 months
    Monthly Payment : $629 for 36 months
  • Just bought mine tonight.

Southern California

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
    Tech package

$27,520 + tax/license
  • tijuana19tijuana19 Posts: 40
    Looks like an awesome deal, can I ask which dealer did you buy from?
  • yes thats $1500 under invoice, which seems a bit unbelievable without incentives. where in so cal did you get this? i want to go to there...
  • I've got some data on the leases for March here in the So Cal region (may be national, no idea) from Galpin.

At 12,000 miles/36 months
    Residual: 55% Sport, 57% GT, 58% GTAWD (assume that Touring would be 56% but didn't ask)
    Add 1% for 30,000 miles vs. 36,000 miles
    Money Factor 0.00013 (.312%)
    $595 Lease fee ($300 lease end fee), no security deposit

So for the GTAWD we are looking at for my wife, we'd have 59% residual and basically no interest other than the lease fees, under $1000 total combined leasing fee over term of lease.

Seems like March is the month to get this car, as it won't get much better than that (residuals can only drop as 2014 model year progresses).

Can Car_Man confirm these numbers?
  • mzda1mzda1 Posts: 1
    Manual Transmission 2014 Meteor Grey Sport in Southern California, with Cargo Liner and Retractible Cargo Cover included:

$21,290 sale price - 500 loyalty + tax/title = OTD $22,850

Happy with the pricing and so happy with the car.
  • 2013_2013_ Posts: 4
    2014 Touring FWD (white paint, wheel locks)

$23,998 + $600 dealer fee + tax, tag, title.

$26,150 OTD
  • marclovemarclove Posts: 1
    Curious what people paid for a 2014 CX-5 Touring lease. AWD or FWD. Looking to get one, but might be too expensive. Thanks!
    That MF looks too low, Dealers are giving MF's all over the place.
  • It's correct, at least up until today. May change tomorrow. We got our CX-5 GTAWD for that money factor, .59 residual. Quoted that at Galpin and matched by Puente Hills when Galpin couldn't get us the color we wanted.

You think that's low, VW's Tiguan money factor for March was 1/4 of that! Basically no interest at all.
    You are right Ikramerica, just got a confirmation today :( too late for me. Hopefully it wont change much for April, if you get an update please let me know.
  • 2013 Touring with roof rails, bumper guard, and navigation. .9 financing $24,500 purchase price. Easy, happy transaction. Bought from Brian Kadar internet sales manager.
  • imadad2imadad2 Posts: 79
    edited April 2013
    First time buying a Mazda and when I did my research I found it hard to believe that they do not mark up their vehicles all that much. I bought a 2014 FWD Mazda CX-5 Touring with the bose/moonroof package for $25,500 plus TT&L. I got about $500 under invoice but not sure if that is a good price or just an average one? Any thoughts anyone?
  • da1283da1283 Posts: 1
    Hi, this is my first time leasing a car and I got this quote:

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring, FWD, Automatic + roof rack:

$ 286/mo + Tax --- 0 down --- 12,000 miles/year

Excluded: tax, lic, fees. 36 month lease.

How much does the tax, licenses, registration, etc cost in SoCal? Sorry I'm really just a newbie when it comes to these things. Thanks!
  • FYI - Just purchased ours in Northern California for $33.1K out the door (MSRP $31,490) not sure if it's a good deal but it's hard to get the dealerships to budge on price on this models (pretty high demand on this model).
  • v_a_t_nv_a_t_n Posts: 7
    I need advice & help.

We were hit by Sandy right as we were shopping for a new car (see mumnj.blogspot.com). We sold our 10 yr old used Chrysler to a disabled family member Sept '12. Hubby loved the CX-5 when he test drove it last year, my car is the Honda Odyssey Touring '07 (we have kids). I preferred the CRV but perhaps was biased as I drive and love my Honda mini van.

We've contacted a few NJ local dealers (Crystal & Maxon) about our situation and got poor response in getting a decent (ie not over MSRP) deal for the CX-5. Is there any hope for us? Hubby has his heart set on the CX-5 but we are limited in funds as every dollar we spend on the car is one less we can spend on rehabbing the house.

He wants a CX-5 GT with tech, roof racks and hitch hookup. We are AAA members and that gives us $1250 off MSRP but still the dealers try to ramp it up with all sorts of extras and fees. Hubby is the worst negotiator on the planet (ie doesn't negotiate) and I got a concussion during Sandy and have had a hard time trying to negotiate anything online or over the phone. I want him to give up on the CX-5 and just buy the CRV but he won't hear of it. So we have been car-less for 6 months and I've had it with him borrowing my van and he won't use a bicycle, not even locally.

Can anyone hook me up with a referral to a decent dealer or agent (we can drive 250 mi to get it) or we can transport it here to North/Central NJ. Are there any dealers with a heart locally that won't rack up the fees and charges? We have AAA & BJ's membership.

Any help is much appreciated!

Vicki
    howyagoing at gmail.com
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,792
    Do you have a Costco close by? If so, it is worth the annual membership to save on the car purchase. They have a purchase program that will take the hassle out of the process, and get a decent price. It is worth looking into.
    Is Costco different from the AAA discount? The AAA discount didn't mean much at all, at the dealerships.
  • rosey112rosey112 Posts: 1
    Hi, just purchased the above model CX 5 in Zeal Red, Tan interior, on Monday for $27,300, MSRP was $29,830, this is fully loaded model except navigation, also included wheel locks, cargo cover, all weather mats. Purchased in NY where the doc fees are capped at $75, sales tax and DMV. I think I got a good price...but not sure...they told me I got over $1,000 under dealer invoice...

Love the car, very happy with it.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 191
    I really do not understand Mazda's incentive structure. Mazda offers a small $500 incentive for current customers but nothing for other potential buyers. It would seem Mazda would be better served to at least treat new customers the same as customers they already have. Personally, I have not purchased a Mazda for this very reason. I will not pay more simply because of my past buying history.
  • Hi all

Please tell me if this sounds like a good deal at all

CX-5 touring AWD auto with just first payment tax and tag down $340/month for 36 months,15k miles/year?

AG
    I hate Crystal Auto Mall in Greenbrook, NJ. They are smarmy sales people and not trustworthy management.

This is the quote I got for being a AAA/Costco/BJ's member:
    2014, GT, tech, silver, AWD, Trailer hitch, roof racks OTD $33,627, really???

Why are they even in business? Who is paying these people to stay in business?

They claimed that the membership discount is only $150 off so I might go back to the buying programs to complain about them.

Stop buying from hopeless companies and maybe they will go out of business. I believe I saw that they have BBB complaints and other negative reports.

Too bad they are the closest to me as the number 1 dealer is 28 mi away (not good for servicing right?)

GRRR...
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 102
    At this time, Mazda has virtually no incentives on the CX-5. Ford, on the other hand, has great incentives and financing on the Escape. Recently bought one in the DC area and got a price under invoice plus an additional reduction of $2,000 incentives and 1.9 percent financing. That blew every deal from local Mazda dealers away.

Anyone considering a CX-5 at this time might benefit from at least checking our the Escape.
  • mggm1220mggm1220 Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    What was the total msrp they quoted you before all the taxes and fees? Also, what fees did they throw into the price to get you to the $33, 627 OTD price? Thanks.
  • nikinmdnikinmd Posts: 3
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've tried trolling through previous posts and am wondering how to find the invoice price, or if there's a good rule of thumb for % below the MSRP to aim for? After having a hard time finding the CR-V EX-L AWD Nav equipped as I want it, I'm realizing that the 2014 CX-5 Grand AWD w/ Nav may be easier to find and a better deal to boot...but am trying to figure out what price range(s) are realistic to aim for. I'm in Montgomery County, MD, in DC suburbs.

Thanks!
    I am also looking for the 2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD with technology package. I am trying to get an OTD price between $31,000-$31,300.
  • nikinmdnikinmd Posts: 3
    I was quoted $30,700 plus tax, tags, and procesing fee, plus $60 for the mat for CX-5 AWD w/ tech in red. taxes are about $1931, tags $312, processing fee is $394, for a total of $33,397.
    For the 2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD with Technology (Exterior: Blue) I was quoted an OTD price of approximately $32, 500. Is that a good price? I do like the Mazda CX-5 but was also contemplating the Ford Escape? Hyundai Santa Fe? Nissan Rogue? Any opinions from current owners would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • barasinghabarasingha Posts: 1
    Paid $29,280 + taxes and fees in the SF Bay area for my 2014 CX-5 GT Tech AWD.
    I think it is a good price !

Charles
  • albert689albert689 Posts: 1
    Hi Charles, what dealership in the SF Bay area did you purchase your CX-5