Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda CX-5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1235»

Comments

• I was interested in Charles' post, too, because that looked like an excellent deal. I think I did almost as well. This morning, I bought a CX-5 GT AWD with Tech in Crystal Pearl White Mica from Putnam Mazda in Burlingame. MSRP was $31,490, invoice (obviously not their true cost) was $30,458 and I got $29,705. This equated to $32,798 after fees (all clearly explained) and hefty CA sales taxes. I was also trading in a 2000 Mercedes SUV with service lights on and mileage over 180,000 (value under $2000), and they eventually matched the price my mechanic was willing to pay for it, though that took awhile. I went into the negotiations knowing all the other dealerships within 50 miles that had the identical car (4 vehicles just down 101 in San Jose) so they knew I was happy to try elsewhere if I didn't feel I was getting a good deal. Overall a perfectly satisfactory experience.
  • Has anyone purchased a 2013 leftover recently? I know of a dealership that has one for sale still and it's been on the lot a heck of a long time. I am just wondering how low of a price to expect on something left over for so long.
  • I wanted to buy CX-5 but ended up with RAV4 becuase of ride quality & reliability .
    Past Monday I bought new 2013 RAV4 XLE FWD $22,000 + Tax Tag & title in Socal ( DCH toyota torrance internet dept ). I think I got awesome deal. This was less than TrueCar price and almost $2k below factory invoice price. This included $500 Toyota discount as I went with my credit union for financing.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,209

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,640

Tried to do this and after I was done, said the time had expired or something like that. I wasted my time here and won't be doing it again. This really stinks!

The Sandman :@ B)

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

1235»