Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda CX-5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sparklandsparkland Posts: 108
    The biggest differences are leather and 19" wheels.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,897
    The GT also includes moonroof and Bose stereo and a few other things.
  • CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/Technology package has an MSRP of $30,415 and I received selling price quote of $29,000 in Pennsylvania. However, I leased a Honda instead so it is bitter/sweet. Much better lease deal. :) Driving 2nd choice vehicle. :(
  • In the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I'm seeing about ~$500-$1,000 off sticker in general, and no add-ons for wheel locks, etc. Good news is that inventories are getting healthy - every dealer seems to have a decent supply (6-8 on the lot with fairly frequent arrivals) and you can pretty much get whatever color-package combo your looking for without too much of a wait around here.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter is looking for new-car buyers who feel they've been victimized by unscrupulous salespeople. Email pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with a few words about your experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I'm getting a quote of $23200, before all the fees, for the Touring FWD. Another dealer I contacted with telling me that's too good, that the other guy must be misleading me and he wouldn't match because he'll be "losing money to sell a new 2013 car". He may be right, this other guy probably didn't include the destination fees, and I heard that dealership charges $900 in dealer fees. So total, after 6% tax, will be more than $26k. With that price, I can get a CR-V EX. Ugh, don't know what to do.
  • jazjazjazjaz Posts: 1
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the Grand Touring FWD (GT) version with navi and the works ?

I know online it says about 29,880.

?

Any help is appreciated.
  • nsbio1nsbio1 Posts: 47
    edited April 2012
    licoolbean: could you ask both dealers for the final, out of the door price inclusive of all fees? That would make a decision as to what to do much easier.
  • her0her0 Posts: 1
    got a sport auto transmission with blue tooth package, those shark fin things, wheel locks, and other small bells and whistles. They had it at $23695 + another $3000 something markup, which was before fees and taxes (which was around $1800).

The mark up is total bs and dont believe the, "its a hot car, I got people lined up for it, you should buy it now." I probably still paid more than I should have, but I was able to get it for $24000 with fees and the taxes included. I also traded in a 10 year old car (which I got wayyy more than I expected) and got another $500 off for the mazda loyalty program, but I am extremely happy with my purchase. I was there for about 5 hours for the dealing and financing. I also had to show I was willing to walk away.
  • they had 1 sport, about 8 or so tourings and 3 GT AWD's. We wanted a GT AWD and told them we were ready to pull trigger, but they wouldnt budge from MSRP. I cant let myself pay full pop for a car that will be blown out for invoice in a month or two. Thus we'll wait. No rush.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    It will be more than a month or two before they are "blown out" at invoice. GT's are extremely rare right now and dealers will not be receiving new inventory until late July.

What dealer in Jersey did you go to?
  • I may be overly optimistic about a month or two. The dealer mentioned "the shortage" to me as well. That could be salesman speak for all i know. What i am getting at is the CX5 is great, but its new. I dont want to be the guy paying full pop becuase its brand new. I am hoping with the 2013 escape hitting lots and the continued agressive pricing of the CRV that the CX5 demand will cool. I can get a CRV EXL AWD for about $43 cheaper a month here. Problem is, wife dont want one lol. We'll continue to monitor inventory.
  • Got a GT AWD. Dealership only had one (in the color my wife wanted). I had done all the numbers based on my experience as a salesman and let them close me on a payment. All the hocus pocus they do with the trade in and fees etc it looks like we got ~$500 off + the Loyalty rebate.

Wife is extatic. The ride home was great, this is a really good looking CUV. The interior of the GT feels more expensive than it is (wish the passenger seat was power).

Good luck folks. From my research local NJ dealers had 1-3 GT's on the lot. The dealer we bought from got 3 in on Friday, sold two on saturday and ours last night. Dealer said, prior to that all had been sold prior to hitting the lot.
    I just took home my CX-5 Touring AWD with moon/Bose & tech. Black Mica with black interior. It's really my wife's car, but I'm happy as well.

Who did you buy from in Jersey? I'm located in CT.

BTW, the shortage of GT's in not hocus pocus. There really are virtually none available. My store has none due in until late July and a few are already sold.

Reason for the shortage is the 19" wheels. For whatever reason there was a supplier problem or Mazda underestimated the demand for the GT's. What Mazda did was change existing GT orders into Touring w/tech orders. There is an abundance of Touring w/ tech & moon/Bose on the way. Going forward, only 20% GT's can be ordered per allocation and 10% Sport. That leaves 70% Touring models as available inventory.
  • not even a week old. Dont even have tags on it yet!!!! Really bummed out about it.
  • fastgstfastgst Posts: 46
    edited June 2012
    Sales guy tell me it is going $2k over sticker so no thanks..

The Rav 4 although old is the last year and you can get good bit below invoice. The price difference will be able to pay for the MPG difference for a long time.

Do you think they won't sell me at sticker or less? They would rather not make a sale at all?
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    Man, sorry to hear that - really sucks.... :sick: Hoping it turns up and is OK. Not sure what I would do if that happened to me but if I ever caught the bastards..... :mad: :mad:

Where are you located and where was the car when stolen?
    Do you think they won't sell me at sticker or less? They would rather not make a sale at all?

In their mind they are making less on you than they could on someone else so it does not make sense to sell to you. Not that I agree with ADM's, but a seller (dealer or private) can sell a car for whatever they want to.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay.
  • fastgstfastgst Posts: 46
    will try to offer $1k below sticker for a grand touring full loaded, if they don't do it that's fine.. It's not worth the markup seriously. You can take the same money and buy a top trim CRV or Rav4 or other same sized SUV!
  • bamacarbamacar Posts: 749
    Fitzmall.com has them for $1000 to $1400 off sticker which is $4-500 under invoice.