Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Acura RDX

14567810»

Comments

• twwilliamtwwilliam Posts: 17
    The phone Bluetooth system is awful. More steps and limited to 20 voice tag numbers. Pre 2013 allowed 50 voice tag numbers with fewer steps. The navigation system not much better. Even the passenger cannot change destinations while vehicle is in motion.
  • ctwvctwv Posts: 2
    wow! I thought that dashboard rattle must be a freak thing on my 2014 RDX; evidently it's a problem to others as well, based on a couple of these posts. Mine's on the passenger side and it's driving me crazy! I only have 200 miles on the thing. Other than that, I love it.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,441
    I had a rattle that was annoying me, until I discovered that the locking lug nut key was rolling around loose in the glovebox. Pad that up, and no issues.

though I did get a warning message tonight about checking the gas cap. considering I had not gotten gas for over a week, kind of odd. So I took it off and clicked it back on good, Message stayed on when I fired it backed up and drove off to dinner.

thankfully it was off when we started back up after eating the message was gone. hopefully it was just not put on right last time I got gas. One thing about Jersey, they pump gas for you, but you have to pay attention to how they do it.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• newronewro Posts: 19
    I am going in for service next week and will point out the rattle. To me it sounds like its coming from the vent on the dashboard, passenger side but it comes and goes. With all the Acura's that I have had, never had this before. Interestingly, my daughter just got a new ILX and she has the same rattle, same place. As you say other than that and the bluetooth, which stinks, I like the car a lot. Great ride and comfortable.
  • ihowlihowl Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with a 2013 RDX purchased in May. I was unable to tell where the rattle was coming from exactly. From the drivers seat it sounded as if it was coming from the passenger side, but when sitting on the passenger side it sounded like it was on the driver's side. The good news is that I think I found and fixed it. I was fiddling with the sunglasses holder thinking that might be the problem when I noticed the thin plastic cover that runs from the top of the windshield to the rearview mirror. I gave it a light push in towards the windshield and there was a barely audible click. I have not heard the rattle since. Knock on wood.
    I will give that a try, the funny thing is that the noise comes and goes but it is annoying thats for sure
    Have a 2013 RDX no tech package, app. 6k miles. Notice that when at highway speed, 65mph plus there is a high pitched whine coming from the front. If you let off the gas, it gets lower. Not sure if its the tires on different road surfaces, the plastic where fog lights would go or what. Anyone have a similar experience? Thank
  • My short 85 year old mother had a wreck yesterday and we are suddenly car shopping. I am interested in a crossover type vehicle that is low enough that she doesn't have to climb up to get into the vehicle but is higher than a regular sedan so that she doesn't have to pull herself to get out of the vehicle. What is the seat height from the roadway on the 2013/2014 RDX?
    not sure the #, but having one, I do have to climb up a bit into it (and I am 6' tall). Certainly try it out, but I would think you would want something a bit lower, but above sedan height.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• I purchased a 2013 RDX last Aug. Sold back to Acura 1 year later. Great motor, handling, braking, and gas mileage. But these were not enough to offset the ridiculous amount of road noise if you are on a rough surface road - ie farm to market. Road noise is similar to being in a soft top jeep with knobby tires. I would sometimes thing the window was down when forced to drive next to a semi. Then there was the hardest working bluetooth I have ever seen. Drop connect drop connect drop connect ! After about 5 minutes - Oh, would you like to connect your phone ? If you are any iphone user - good news. It will try to connect from 2 counties away. Then there was the bad strut klunk. I would like to think Honda/Acura has a "hire the disabled" program. I would, however, having ppl with hearing disabilities work in the road noise dept needs rethinking. Apparently engineers at Honda/Acura have never heard of noise damping matting. Look under the back deck BARE METAL. The road noise was simply unbelievable. Bare metal door and qtr panels. If you drive on anything other than smooth roads - rethink about the RDX.
    doesn't sound at all like my RDX. some tire noise on certain road surfaces, but overall, nice an quiet. and never had a bluetooth issue.

• texan8899texan8899 Posts: 17

I have a 2013 RDX non tech. Does this vehicle have active noise cancellation? If not can I get it installed? I understand it takes a new chip to have it added. I have 15k miles and love the car but the interior noise is higher than I prefer. Thanks.

Same car I have. Pretty sure that it does have the ANC system. I only notice any noise on certain road surfaces (tire noise), which is a classic Honda attribute. But overall it to me is quiet and serene. And when not, turn up the radio!

some people just should drive a Lexus though for the eerie silence and isolation.

Stick guy..Thanks for response, but does anyone know for sure that my 2013 RDX has ANC?

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,451
    edited January 30

Honda says the 2013 RDX has Active Noise Control. Another Honda press release says:

"New technologies such as Pandora® internet radio interface, an SMS text messaging function, a Keyless Access System with pushbutton start, an Active Noise Control system and a rear view camera system with three unique viewing angles are also standard on all RDX models."

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Steve-Thanks, that should answer my question.

edited January 30

Well, you know press releases. May want to peel the headliner back and see if there really are mics up there. B)

I joke, but it's entirely possible that something is disconnected. Supposedly you wouldn't be able to hear the speakers working to cancel the noise if the radio is off, so how would you know?

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Would the ANC cancel wind noise and road noise, or just engine noise? My car is about as quiet as my 2013 CRV, with no ANC.

• Next question, does my 2013 Rdx non tech have an acoustic windshield to reduce wind and road noise?

edited February 10

Hm, sounds like acoustic glass is an option for the 2014 RDX (Technology Package). Don't see any info out there saying it was even available for the 2013. Kind of odd, since Honda has been using acoustic glass for a decade now, but obviously not in every Acura model. Follow the money....

• Maybe for my next windshield. Thanks

• tower2tower2 Posts: 1

am i the only one who hates the ride of the 2013 RDX?

I believe the ride quality, or lack thereof, is mainly attributed to the short wheelbase and heavy front end. I noticed it during the test drive, but it still suited my requirements.

• rgf99rgf99 Posts: 1

I have 2013, purchased 7/13, with 25,000 miles on it. My sense of the car is that it could have been a great car except that the bean counters limited it potential. It has been cheapened on too many fronts by Acura. Base model should have HID headlights, power rear door lift, better AC, ... The car does not even off parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, ... All in the MDX. Is Acura afraid if they make a great RDX it will hurt MDX sales? Perhaps a bit, but it will also keep me from jumping to BMW when my lease is over.

that is why they have the tech package

cheaper car for those that don't want to spend all the $$ on those options, and available for those that do. Not sure what you mean by better AC, but I agree it should have rear vents, other than that we find it to work fine.

I don't care about HIDs really, and don't even want a power rear hatch. The backup camera is fine for me to park with (do many cars now even come with sensors too?)

but, to each his own. And an X3 with that stuff is going to be at least 45K.

I have a 2013 RDX, base model. I have a small crack in my windshield that can not be repaired. Has anyone ever replaced their windshield with an acoustic windshield, and has it resulted in a noticeably quieter cabin?

14567810»