Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti JX Lease Questions

Comments

• mlevinemlevine Posts: 226
    Figure out the invoice on this car. There may be $1,000 cash incentive available(unsure if its for leasing or buying). If available for leasing take this off invoice price and work your way up from this price for your cap cost. I would also contact more dealers via internet. See what inventory is available and has the options you want.
  • Thank you for your reply.
    Where was the place you got your quote?
    And who helped you?
  • jgoodjgood Posts: 4
    Quote for a jx awd, premium, theater, rails/cross bars, cargo 18K mi/year, zero down is:

Cost on the lease is $48,476.00 on an MSRP of $51,73500. The residuel is 56% = $27,996.70 adjusted for the 18000 miles, and the money factor is .00108. Due at signing $2400, monthly 660 (includes NJ taxes 7%). Dealer said he could probably go lower in person (this was over email).

Plugging into edmunds lease calculator I get $732/mo, so are the calculations wrong or is this just a very good deal?
  • I received the following quote but feel it is on the high side when I compare it to other offers on these forums.
    This is for a completely loaded JX AWD with all packages and other addons.

MSRP $58,500
    Sales price $54,500
    Money factor 0.00108
    Residual 56%
    15K miles per year
    39 months
    Monthly $694
    $1670 due at signing.

Comments?
  • maverick2coolmaverick2cool Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    Hi Car_man and fellow car buyers,

Today I received following offer for 2013 JX35 AWD with following features.

MSRP: $53,230
    Term: 39 Months
    Miles: 12K
    Money Factor: 0.00108 (initially quoted 0.00158. After I mentioned about edmunds forum it came down to 0.00108 right away. Thank you!)
    Residual: 58%

Sale Price: (I got VPP offer through my employee) : $49,273
    Doc fee: $500
    Monthly Payment: $628 (including tax which is 9.89% in WA).

Drive off: 1st month payment + doc fee = 1128.
    No down or no security deposit.

Specs:
    Black Obsidian
    Graphite Leather / Maple Interior Accents
    Premium Package
    Theater Package
    Driver Assistance Package

Splash Guards (4-piece set)
    Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates
    Roof Rails

Dealer is ready to throw in Carpeted Floor Mats and All-season Floor Mats.

I am asking for following if possible in same price when I go tomorrow.

Cargo Package
    Interior Accent Lighting
    Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector

What do you guys think? Is this good deal?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank You!
    Mav
  • hi Anilpunjabi1

Did you make the deal?

Which state if I may ask?

Thanks!
    Mav
  • Hi all,

I went to other dealer today i got following..

I am getting 2013 JX with Touring, Technology, Theater and Premium package, Black with Graphite Leather and 10k miles/year with following..

MSRP: $56.8K
    Negotiated Price: $52,5K (VPP Program)
    59% residual

Delaer didn't tell me Money factor, but based on numbers he game me I calculated that to be 0.00145. I think this is high. I know i will qualify for top tier.

First month payment $650 (tax included)

$2500 at signing (1st month, fees, 1400 down payment and tax)

Dealer is willing to add some accessories..

How is this deal?
  • If you are not getting the lowest money factor than it's a terrible deal. Don't put anything down on a lease either.
  • Hi paperboyccc,

is 0.00108 is the lowest money factor? By putting $1400 my lease payment is $42 less.

What do you say don't put anything down on a lease?

Thank you in advance!
    Sachin
  • Does your VPP claim number start with a "D"? If so, then it falls under "business associate" and they are supposed to sell it for invoice. The dealership is then paid a nice $1,500 kickback from Infiniti for doing the deal. This is why they need your business card or badge as proof. If it starts with an "A", then it falls under the direct factory or corporate workers program and your VPP price is $1,250 under invoice (plus any incentives) and the dealership receives $1,750 instead of $1,500. I guess they only get to make $500 on employees lol Most good dealers these days will openly disclose this, since it's listed on the of the actual VPP claim form that you will need to sign when you are doing all the final paperwork. One other thing I would suggest looking into if you are leasing, is a program called "MSD's" or "multiple security deposits" as an option. It can save you a few thousand bucks in interest, just for letting IFS hang on to some of your money during the lease. If anything happens (like the JX get's totaled) you get all that money back vs putting money down on a lease, which would all be lost. Hope that helps and good luck!
  • cpyle77 had some good advice. Down payments on a lease are bad for a few reasons:
    - They allow the dealer to meet your criteria without budging (i.e. I want this car for this payment) - they make you put more money down
    - If your vehicle is totaled in an accident you lose your whole down payment
    - You don't get the money back and you have to put it down over and over again every time you lease a new vehicle.
    - It makes it harder to compare lease deals from multiple dealers or multiple vehicle options. If you structure every deal as no money down (just first month's payment and registration fees) you have an easier time comparing apples to apples

Instead, look at the multiple security deposit program. You save a lot on your monthly payment but you get the money back at the end of your lease and can use it again for MSDs on your next lease.

I'm not sure what the buy rate for the money factor is. If it's not posted on this thread, one way to find out is to get quotes over the internet from multiple dealers (something you should be doing already)
  • Hi cpyle77,

thank you for your response and detailed information on VPP program. I am not trying to be greedy but do i still have more negotiation room, say sell price below invoice? If i don't then I guess i am ok with the selling price but I would like to score some accessories if i can.

Thanks!
    Mav
  • Hi cpyle77 and paperboyccc,

Thank you for your reply. Yes my VPP program does start with letter "D". I trying to get kick plates and cargo package also in same deal. Sales person told me if i get this deal done he will personally will see I will get something more.

Do Infinity lease program have any free maintenance package/offer?

Thank again!
    Mav
  • hash2hash2 Posts: 20
    What is the holdback on Infiniti's these days? I have seen 1.5% off Base MSRP on edmunds and I have also seen a 2% of actual MSRP elsewhere. Also when negotiating the price of this car, what should be the starting point i.e. Invoice minus incentives minus holdback plus couple hundred dealer profit?
    I am seeing several people on this forum getting offers below invoice even though there is no incentives out there right now on leasing. Is that because dealers are splitting a portion of the holdback or is there something else out there that I am missing?

Also the current $1000 incentive is just on purchase and not on lease right?
  • Infiniti has a prepaid maintenance program. It can be "free" if the dealer claims that some of the discount on the vehicle covers the cost.
  • Got it done.

Fully loaded AWD JX35..all packages..MSRP around 56K

39 months / 12K
    572/month including 6.5% tax
    no down
    9 MSDs

great dealership and very good guys to work with.
  • Hey congrats. How much due at signing?
  • Due around 5400 (Security Deposit, 9 payments) + first payment + $24x.xx (fees)
  • Went to a dealership today to got a quote on a lease for 2013 infiniti jx35. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?
    Infiniti JX35 with premium, theater and deluxe packages. Just taxes, fees, registration out of pocket, probably about $2,000 and 579/month. Good deal or they can do better? MSRP is $51,xxx
    Good deal or they can do better? What if I added the driver assist package how much should my monthly payment be? I just want to put the minimum down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!
  • Any feedback on this quote?

I already am seeing a better price from USAA, but wanted some feedback please! There does not seem to be much on this board with 15k miles.

JX FWD with Premium

MSRP = $47,050
    Sale Price = $44,851
    39 months 
    15,000 miles 
    Residual Value: 54% 25,407
    Money Factor: .00086
    Payment:$592.54
    Cash due on Delivery $2,436.73
  • Can anyone help me understand if we are getting a good deal on this lease?

2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
    Premium Package
    Deluxe Touring Package
    Theater Package
    Tow package added by dealer
    MSRP $53,595

39Months
    12,000 miles
    0 Down

$660.00 per month
  • All your numbers are correct as far as money factor and residual go. The AWD model is 56% and .00108. 15k is used to calculate all the residuals, then 2% is added if going to 12k, 3% for going to 10K. After that its just .10 per mile, done in 1,000 chuncks (16,000, 17,000 etc.). Truecar pricing for our market in Philly is $200 under invoice. Looks like your offer is about 2% over invoice (a fair deal), so there is only $25-$30 per month possible room left in that offer and the dealer would end up with sellers remorse lol. You would be better off asking for 3 years of Infiniti service included (a package good at any dealer) which costs them $500, but saves you 3 times that much over the lease. Hope that helps!
  • It all depends on how much tax and reg fees are rolled into the deal. If those are extra, no not really. If it's a true $0, and includes the 1st months payment, tax and tags, then it would be about average. Looks like they are taking about $2,500 off if you were paying PA or NJ sales tax. Hope that helps!
    Hi Car_Man,

Are the March residual/MF unchanged for 39month, 10k/yr? Any incentives from manufacturer for leasing?

Thanks
    I backed into the latest offers on infiniti website and it seems the residual has improved from 59 to 61% for 39m, 10K. Residual has gotten slightly worse from .00108 to somewhere close to .00121. All in all, running the numbers based on the MSRP and sale price on their website offer, i get ~$13-14 improvement per month versus February. Hoping they will throw in some rebates too or atleast some loyalty discounts.
  • cpyle77cpyle77 Posts: 22
    You backed into those lease changes perfectly! The Awd money factor did go up to .00121 but the residual went up 2% as well giving an advertised $15 improvement. On a 39 month lease the impact is about $500 so for the 1st time in the JX35 history there is now $500 in dealer cash for retail buyers! Captive cash was carried over as well as the pull ahead program. Hope this helps everyone. Good luck out there.
    edited March 2013
    Confused by your "there is now $500 in dealer cash for retail buyers!" comment. Did you simply mean that due to better residual/MF combo vs Feb there is ~$500 to save on a lease or did you mean that there is an additional $500 incentive beyond the residual/MF change?

Also can the captive cash be used for leases or it is only for purchases?

I am in the market for JX this month. Have ~4 months left on my G37x so trying to collect data points on all available discounts for a JX lease before starting to negotiate a deal.
  • Hey all,
    Need some advice here, I turning in my Nissan early baby on the way etc. Using the three month pull ahead which leaves me 4 months of payments left aprox. $1200. Which of the two below scenarios seems worth it? Or neither? A bit confused on all this. Maybe you all have a better idea of what I should be looking for in terms of a solid lease. Any info. Much appreciated!! Thank you

50,475 MSRP- premium package- all wheel drive

Capitalized Cost......      48,572.84   Pro-Rata..............         0.00
    Total A.M.O.'s........           0.00   Cap. Reduction........         0.00
    Service Cont..........           0.00   Tax...................     2,041.63
    Total Cap.............      48,572.84   License Fees..........         0.00
    Cap Reduction.........           0.00   Gov. Fees.............        12.50
    Net Cap...............      48,572.84   Advance Pmts..........       589.00
    Residual....58.00% ...      29,275.50   Security Deposit......         0.00
    Total Depreciation....      19,297.34   Bank Fee..............       700.00
                                            Total Drive Off.......     3,343.13
    Depreciation..........         494.80   Less Net Trade........         0.00
    Rent..................          94.20   Cash Due on Delivery..     3,343.13
    Monthly Payment.......         589.00
                                            Rate..................     1.210
                                            Term..................        39/15k miles

Above- This is including approx 1,200 in the remaning Nissan payments.

Below- With no money down same car - Nissan payments rolled in

Capitalized Cost......      48,572.84   Pro-Rata..............         0.00
    Total A.M.O.'s........           0.00   Cap. Reduction........         0.00
    Service Cont..........           0.00   Tax...................         0.00
    Tax...................       2,237.43   License Fees..........         0.00
    Bank Fee..............         700.00   Gov. Fees.............        12.50
    Total Cap.............      51,510.27   Advance Pmts..........       667.87
    Cap Reduction.........           0.00   Security Deposit......         0.00
    Net Cap...............      51,510.27   Total Drive Off.......       680.37
    Residual....58.00% ...      29,275.50   Less Net Trade........         0.00
    Total Depreciation....      22,234.77   Cash Due on Delivery..       680.37
    Depreciation..........         570.12   Rate..................     1.210
    Rent..................          97.75   Term..................        39/15k miles
    Monthly Payment.......         667.87
    Got a great deal yesterday and picked up the car same day.

JX35 AWD w/ premium, kickplates, 20" wheels, roofrails & crossbars, maple, cargo, etc.
    No drivers assist or theatre.

MSRP 51,890
    Discount ~5,200
    9 MSDs (4,500)
    Upfront - ~700 (1st month + doc fee + temp 30-day plates) + MSDs
    Monthly payment ~$450 including taxes
    Acquisition fee included in monthly payments
    MF before MSDs .00121
    Res: 61%
    39m / 10K

Was able to get this ~1025 below invoice. Reason: this car was parked at the Auto Show and so dealers get additional incentives from Infiniti. The dealer had 1 of each type of infiniti on the floor heavily marked down. The one I got was marked off $4k off MSRP but i was able to negotiate a better price. My car only had approx 20 miles on it as all the cars got trucked to the auto show.

I also returned my G37x which had 4 payments left, had a 30K service due next month, had annual registration due next month and had a minor ding for which 2 overpriced body shops had quoted ~1500. I was able to return the car free of any cost including getting my 4th payment paid by them.

Dealer was out-of-state, 125 miles away so I already have 150 miles on the car. Got exactly 23mpg on my drive (mostly highway).
  • dpduffydpduffy Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

I am working a lease deal for my wife on a JX35 with an MSRP of $51,522. The information is below. Please let me know if or how I can get this note under $600 without money down or MSD's. Thank you for all your help. Your information has been invaluable.

2013 Infiniti JX35 Black/Graphite Premium,Theater, 20" Wheels, IKP, Rear Bump, Roof Rails

Internet Lease Price: $48,522*$636 a month $645 down License Fee $202.50, Money Factor .00099, Residual amount $29,748.20, Document Fee $98.50

Thank you again.