Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,882
    I have both and much prefer the cloth. If I had kids or dogs (or better leather?) maybe I'd like it better.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 383
    I am spoiled. I won't buy a car without leather. You just need to get cooled seats for the summer and heated for the winter.

Anyway I own a 2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL V6. I owned a 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 for two years before trading it for the Toyota. Would still own the Kia if it wasn't for the harsh ride and ridiculous number of rattles. I just saw a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with temp tags on it this morning on the interstate. Really sharp and a huge improvement over the outgoing model. I am curious to see the longer version when it comes out. Not anywhere near being in the market for a new vehicle. Plan on keeping the Highlander for 8 years and the Ford another 4 to 5 years. Just love cars.
  • >Shrugs< To each his own I guess but cloth requires neither.
    edited September 2012
    Don't know of any OEM cooled cloth seats but heated cloth isn't unusual. You can do both if you go aftermarket, but the cooling is done with fans, not refrigerant. Well, I don't know if Hyundai's works that way too or if they use thermoelectric technology or air from the AC via ducts, or some combination. Different strokes, as you say.

• zeenzeen Posts: 391
    edited September 2012
    Just drove a 2.0 AWD SantaFe. Handles very well and is very quiet. Power is adequate. Solid heavy feel. Comfortable seats in leather but the cloth seats I tried out in another vehicle were not as comfortable. I really like the 18" gunmetal wheels. Suspension is fairly stiff.
    I'm debating FWD v AWD but planning to test drive an Edge too although that vehicle is $3000-5000 more expensive.
  • I'm seriously looking at the 2013 Santa Fe Sport now that the Ford Escape has been recalled for the third time. Just curious what kind of real world mileage people are getting with the smaller engine for both the AWD and FWD and does the ECO mode really help with MPG? Any regrets purchasing this SUV. I haven't driven one, but it seems to have the perfect amount of space with decent MPG.
  • kdconodkdconod Posts: 46
    edited September 2012
    Remember, as has often been mentioned on this forum, that ECO mode is a misnomer. Its not something that makes the engine more efficient - it is merely an indicator that tells you if you are driving efficiently (ie the Eco light will go off if you are idling).

In mixed driving (2012 SF) I get 24 mpg and on a long highway trip this summer I got 26-27 mpg, which I think is pretty good for this size vehicle.
  • I would definitely check out different dealerships to see what kind of promotions and sales they have and compare them. Ive talkedtalked to few salemen at my local dealers and they said because this car so new they do not have any special promotion. I called different place and the lady offered me take $900 off whichever vehicle i pick out. So spend time doing some research is definitely save some money.

Ive driven both turbo and non turbo santa fe. I thought they both very smooth and fast. Living in Minnesota I'd definitely get AWD. Bundle package is a drip off tactics, seriously. And they do not make black interior without a 2.4L, only comes with a turbo engine.
    "At this price point, the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport lines up directly with segment leaders like the Ford Escape and Honda CR-V. The former also offers a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder, while the latter simply does everything well. The newer, cleverer 2013 Santa Fe measures up favorably to both. If it can deliver on its excellent mileage numbers and remain as quiet as it did on the roads of rural Utah, this Santa Fe could be yet another well-executed piece of Hyundai's grand plan to compete head on with its foreign and domestic rivals."

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport First Drive (Inside Line)

• I"m on the same page with you
    Bundles package is kind drip off ideas in my opinion. I think as customers we only have two options. Either You add popular package with leather & premium or just a popular package by itself. Last night I finally sat in the loaded Santa Fe and the sunroof was the best. It's a lot nicer than Nissan Murano sunroof
  • I have had my car for about a month. I am very pleased with the handling. The gas mileage has ranged from around 23 to 29 so far. I am very happy overall with my car. I do have one minor issue with the brightness of the headlights. Even when on dim, I am constantly getting flashes from oncoming traffic because they are extremely bright. This is not something that you check out when looking at a car and it would not be a deal-breaker. I wonder if Hyundia has had other complaints about this. Otherwise, love this car. Lots of power, even for my finicky hubby!
  • Anyone tried a new 2013 Sante Fe that owns a 2010-2012 model ? Need to know if the 6 Speed Tranny is still as primitive as the last version . Read somewhere that they are now being made "In House" rather than farmed out.
    Considering dumping my 2010 Limited but only if the Tranny has improved.
    Any Feedback would be appreciated .

Guess I'll have to eventually take a Test Drive.
  • Perhaps the low beam lights just need to be adjusted to aim down a little more. Mention your problem to the dealer and ask them to check them.
    John
  • I am thinking of the Santa Fe Sport 2013. I like the small CUVs, and I like the looks of the Santa Fe Sport. I now drive a 2011 Sonata 2.4, Ltd. The one complaint that I have had about this car is the fact that it is noisy, on the highway. I blame it on tires. No help from the dealer, not even sympathy, nor from the Kumho tire dealer. So, now, am I going to be facing the same noisy problem with this 2013 Santa Fe? I have not ridden in one, yet. Or, am I a fool for even considering another Hyundai, after my dealer's lack of support?
  • I just purchased a FWD eventhough I live in MN. I think with these all season tires I'll be fine. Few things I'm not quite satisfied with the veh and people at the dealership where I bought my car at. The very next day I noticed some small scratches on the hood near the headlights and also two dry black paint lines running from upper windshield. My bad I didn't inspect the vehicle thoroughly. The person who did the delivery inspection failed to do his/her part as well. They promised to fix those areas. So learn my lesson don't pick up your veh late a nights because you can't see the exterior very well.
    The veh is loaded and I'm very suprised and disappointed the cargo screen didn't come with. At the different local dealership that I did test drive twice has exact same features as my veh and cargo screen would come with it.
    Over all I love the veh very much, sun/moon roof is my favorite.

Good luck to those that looking or tempting to buy santa fe,,highly recommended
  • The cargo screen apparently was discontinued almost 2 years ago. Though you can probably still buy one online - I did earlier this year.
  • PS I order it from Parts.com. Search the Hyundai accessory catalog for "cargo cover" be careful what color you are ordering, they come in beige or black only.
  • yep,... I am still waiting for my SD chip to arrive. It seems Hyundai has shipped cars to the U.S. without the chip installed... I am one pissed off dude...
  • I am driving the new Santa Fe as a loaner and love it. I am however looking to get some similar complaints about the brightness of the headlights and constantly getting flashed to dim them.
  • I purchased a 2013 Santa Fe in August. I love the car, but I am not crazy about the brightness of the low-beam headlights. I believe the problem is the "eyebrow" lights. I do get flashes from oncoming traffic because of it. I also hate following a lower vehicle because the lights shine so brightly into their rear view mirror. When I take my car in for service in December, I am going to ask (based on a suggestion in this forum) if the headlights can be adjusted to point lower.
  • After much research, I purchased a 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD. Overall I really like the vehicle other than the projection beam headlights. I have a light / dark line directly in my line of sight when looking out through the windshield when driving in a dark area without any other traffic or lighting. The line is the top line where the projection beam light ends. It appears that the top have of the front windshield is a very dark tint and the bottom have is clear glass. It is very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this ? Any suggestions ?
  • I bought my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T in August. I, too, have noticed that the headlights are extremely bright on low beam. To me, it appears that the lights are concentrated in a horizontal line (like the eyebrow-shaped headlights). I don't think the windshield is tinted darker. I plan on asking the service department to check them out when I take it in next month. Maybe they can be adjusted downward.
  • cary28cary28 Posts: 53
    edited October 2012
    Wife and I test drove the 2.4GDI and 2.0T in a fully loaded SF Sport. The 2.4 had good power, but felt it had to work hard to get the lead out. The Turbo felt very smooth with power delivery, and I didn't notice much turbo lag. Both engines did well on an incline onramp to the freeway, as well as going from around 50MPH to 70MPH, the turbo just felt like it was easier. Fit and finish, along with material quality was top notch, with lots of toys in the Technology Package.

We were comparing it to the Kia Sorento SX and the Mazda CX-5GT & CX-9GT. The SF seems to have the best combination of roominess, technology, performance, and gas mileage. The Kia had the edge in size, 3rd row seats, high tech toys, but poor mileage with its 3.5L V6. Its "Dove" seats are very distinctive, but its dash felt dated in design. The CX-5 matches the SF in use of technology and design, but lacks the power, was smaller, and probably slightly better MPG. The CX-9 felt like a boat, as its the largest SUV, with lots of room for people and luggage, but also the poorest mileage. It also felt dated in its design and interior, even though it has many nice features and technology.

We ended up putting a deposit on a white/beige SF 2.0T FWD with premium and technology package, which will arrive first week of Nov. Price offered was just below invoice, and we have the option of another $500 rebate if we lease it. This will be our first CUV, so we'll be comparing it to our MB R350 which was also a very nice vehicle.
  • Has anyone had the wind noise corrected by the dealership if so, can you tell me what they did or email me the dealearship's # so i can get mine fixed? Thanks...
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe or Chevy Traverse, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Does anyone know when the 7 seaters are coming out? I narrowed my new car search down to a Kia Sorento SX and the Santa Fe long wheel base model. Mainly, I want to know if the prices are going to be comparable to the Sorento. My dealership has no information on these things or just isn't giving it up yet.
  • Hi cary28
    have u taken delivery of your SF 2.0T? I tested both SF 2.0T (twice!) and 2.4 today and also the Mazda CX5. I liked the handling of the CX5 best. The reason I tested the 2.0T twice was because I felt jerkiness when accelerating. At the first test, I thought perhaps I was too hard on the pedall since I was trying to test out the power of the engine, so I tried drivng more sedately in the 2nd test. While not as bad as the first test, I found that I had to be very careful on the pedal as it did not take a lot to feel the jerkiness i.e acceleration was not smooth. Can u comment on your experience? Really appreciate.
  • zeenzeen Posts: 391
    Has anyone gotten any feedback yet on the headlight issue?
  • I also have this problem, today the service center lower the headlights
    went out to check them,still the same problem.

Will call them again? if anyone have found the solution please advise me.
    Thanks
    Max
  • cary28cary28 Posts: 53
    I did take delivery, and have put on about 1K miles. I didn't notice the jerkiness you mentioned, but I also don't drive it like my Corvette. When I test drove both 2.4 and 2.0T, I noticed I had to really push the 2.4 to accelerate off the line or going from 50 to 70mph. The Turbo accelerated more smoothly with less strain, and felt it had more reserve. The 2.4 also was much louder, probably as I had to push it to higher RPM to hit those points. I also liked the handling of the CX-5, but its lackluster acceleration and less luxurous interior just didn't do it for me.