Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• Craig... nice way of putting it :)

My wife is the dreamer, I'm the realist. Things usually get done, not always the way they were originally envisioned, never as soon as we wanted, and usually over budget. Oh, well... you can't take it with you, and they're usually worth waiting for.

Cheers!
    Paul
  • hondafriekhondafriek Ottawa CanadaPosts: 2,924
    Its not usually a power balance here,we usually agree on most stuff, but over the years I have spent a fortune on cars, now that we are retired funds are more limited, so she finally put her foot down.

Can,t say as I blame her she has just cause,although to be truthful cars are my only vice, somebody has to show some fiscal restraint now and I just don,t have it in me.

Before we had two cars and it always worked that every four years we got one new car,on reflection that was dumb when you think of the money I threw away on depreciation, as well as the money I sunk into them on the aftermarket.

Cheers Pat.
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    Cars are a bad way to spend money. It's unfortunate for those of us who are into cars for more than just a ride! It can be an expensive "hobby". If you can find a car that you will fall in love with for many years, that's probably the best way to go.

Craig
  • twrxtwrx Posts: 647
    Just realized why Subaru people are so different. What other manufacture whould have the faithful going crazy over the styling of their wagons? Do I want that outrageous copper colored Legacy or the Impreza Type Euro?
    TWRX
    Subaru people just do not have their heads up their butt and realise that a nice outrageous orange B4 wagon, or WRX is the way to go.

Lots of people would have a wagon again but are afraid of being laughed at for driving a Mom and Pop mobile, Sube people just don,t have that problem.

Cheers Pat.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    We just aren't insecure, that's all.

-juice
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    Insecure? Who's insecure? You're not talking about me, I'm not insecure.

-Frank P.
  • Hi all,

I'm a new guy over on the WRX Wagon boards. Revka suggested that I post my pics here, too. I just got mine Wednesday evening, so I'm just getting into my 1000 mile break-in period.

Since I had absolutely no luck finding any photos of a black WRX wagon when I went searching, I thought you might like to take a look at mine. Here are a few shots I took last night when I got home. It was almost dusk, so the flash went off giving the running lamps too much reflection, but at least it is something for now. Click on the thumbnails for a larger image.

http://homepage.mac.com/SubaruWRX/

See ya,

Steve
    Sweet ride, looks nice. Thanks for the pics.

Craig
  • I think I read in a post of yours over on another board that you are from VA. We lived west of Fredricksburg 1980-86. Then got transferred to Cleveland, OH suburbs :-(
    Now that I have the WRX and the MGA, I'd much prefer the roling rural Virginia roads. Hard to find a fun uncrowded road around here.
    Heading to Charlottesville in July in the MGA. Haven't been back in 16 years!
    Steve
    Nice out near Fredericksburg. I sometimes take a shortcut through there on RT 17 when I have to travel to DC. Great roads and scenery. I like Charlottesville too. My wife and I usually go out there for a long weekend every fall. Should be a great drive for an MGA!!

Craig
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    are here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292037475

Pictures of the 2003 Forester, the Baja passthrough (not as big as you may think), a slightly beat up WRX intercooler, and silky GT sedan. You could just hear it saying "make me a B4". ;)

My impressions in Meet the Members.

-Brian

• Wow Subearu! That's a lot of pics. Thanks for taking the time.
    -Mike
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    What Digi Camera are you using?
    Got to get one of those.

-Dave
  • Fabulous review! Thanks for the treat. You did one hell of a good job!

Don
    It's a Sony DSC-S50. I believe it's not made anymore. It doesn't have a viewfinder - it only has a lcd screen that swivels like those on camcorders. I have a 64mb memory stick (along with the 4mb stick that came w/ the camera). It's 2.1 megapixels, which takes a 1600x1200 sized pics (which averages about 850k with JPEG compression). On Saturday, I took 'em at 1024x768 to make sure I had sufficient room for all the pics. Takes mini movies too - up to 60 seconds of MPEG in something like 120x160 resolution.

-Brian
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    They may not make 'em anymore, but they sure do take good pics :-D

-Dave
  • Thanks Brian, Great Pics. Hard to tell space and volume from pictures, but the picture you took of the inside back seats is interesting. It looks like the drivers side front is all the way back and the passenger side front all the forward. You can see the difference in room on each side. Great Job! Thanks again,

Jim
  • Nice Pics. Crossing that water looks really neat! Did everyone make it alright?

Jim
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    We only had one casualty, an RS went through some mud holes and slamed into a concrete slab. It pushed his cross-memeber in and the radiator into the drve-belts. We were able to use a trooper to pull out the cross member and move the radiator far enough from the engine so that he could drive home.

-mike
  • Sounds like fun for everyone except the RS owner. Thanks again for the Pics.

Jim
    Got this in an email I get weekly. Your pictures are safe, but they don't have the bandwidth & hardware to host them at the current time.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021201photopointstatus.asp

-Brian
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Way to go Brian. I'll actually comment in the Future Models thread, since that's where we usually talk about the changes.

-juice

PS The Kia Sorento isn't the 2003 Santa Fe, they are different models (body on frame vs. unibody for Hyundai)
    Good job, the rear suspension on the new forester stiil looks to be pretty intrusive, looks pretty much like the 02 model.

I like those rear cargo nets, wonder if I could adapt that for the GT.

Cheers Pat.
    Yep, that was the Kia Sorento, not the Santa Fe. I've corrected the caption in the photo. I was putting the captions on while trying to get Brooke to go to bed last night. Guess I should have gone to bed too!

-Brian
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    great shots! Thanks for posting them. I like the multiple cargo nets in the cargo area.

Bob
  • barresa62barresa62 Posts: 1,379
    Good job. It's hard to get the pics and also enjoy the show...so thanks! One more slight critique though, the caption of the Hyundai sedan should read Hyundai Tiburon for 2003. :-)

Stephen
    Thanks Steven. That picture caption is now corrected.

The thing I found the hardest was carrying the bag of brochures in my left hand and taking pictures with just the right hand. I think that's why a few of the pics appear to be blurry.

I'll have my wife hold the brochure bag on Saturday at the Milwaukee show. ;)

-Brian
This discussion has been closed.