Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    Dave,
    I feel your pain. Some of the indentations look like baseball-ized size. Man, imagine if you were in the car driving then; you could end up @ the 'funny farm' as the hails are pelting aarrrgh!!! (my '98 Outback and me survived the longest 3/4 mile saute of the quarter size assortment).
    Hope the cosmetic surgery is a success.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    How difficult is that going to be to repair? Can a body shop pull those dents out, or do the affected panels need to be replaced?

Bob
  • 2ndwnd2ndwnd Member Posts: 145
    Dent Wizard just looked at it and laughed. Had to take it to a full service body shop. State Farm is paying them to replace the hood, roof, and the entire left side. They'll be able to repair and refinsh the right side. Total cost = a little over $6200. But hey, that door ding and the scratch I had on the hood prior to the storm will be taken care of in the process!
    I'll post some pictures of it next week at the shop when the sheet metal is off, and then afterward when its all fixed.

Dave B.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Oh man, that is painful. Hard to look at, even.

-juice
  • texsubarutexsubaru Member Posts: 242
    Yeah, the Subie looks good as new.

And the "kids" look like Jack Russells? (he asks, as he helps the photo forum slowly turn into the Subarus'n'Dogs forum ...)
  • texsubarutexsubaru Member Posts: 242
    Ouch, yeah, sorry to see the hail damage. Pretty common sight in Texas, though, since hailstorms are quite common here. So common, in fact, that you can nearly expect to see at least one dealership in any given Texas metro area having to hold a hail damage sale every couple of years.
  • locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    Yep, our kids are Jack Russell Terrorists.

Cleo (right) is diminutive at 12lb but feisty... she is 3 years old. Tobbie (left) is kinda bulky at 17lb, something not JRT a little ways back in his lineage I imagine. (His paws are literally 2x Cleo's) He'll be a year in a few weeks, we got him when he was 5 mo.

That's enough children for us!

-Colin
  • barresa62barresa62 Member Posts: 1,379
    Here are some pics of the WRX and some of our landscaping projects. Finally got the digital camera to work.

http://www.zing.com/mypictures/inbox/?rand=6278874

Stephen

• soon2bsubeesoon2bsubee Member Posts: 137
    Is that the correct link to your pics? when I click on it, I get my Zing account...pretty strange
  • p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    I get the "Sign up now" screen :-(
    Colin: do the "kids" like going for a ride?

-juice
    I've also loaded them to my WRX album. I will try to post this link but as I remember there's a problem w/Zing and their albums. I don't remember how to get around it. Anyone have suggestions?

Stephen
    This is what I was doing over the 3-day weekend, ripping siding off. The plan is to restore the cedar lap siding underneath the asphalt siding crap. My WRX is feeling a bit neglected as she didn't see much driving time this weekend. :-)

http://www.zing.com/album/index.html?id=4292598291

Stephen

Stephen, I waited 5 minutes over our multiple T1 connection here at work and still nothing from one of your last two links. They did seem to be working, I got a background but no further. Perhaps zing isn't zinging along too well right now...

Juice: the dogs love to ride in my Impreza. The interior is littered with white dog hair, unfortunately. They actually were both very well behaved and perfectly fine on our long Christmas trip to Phoenix and back. Tobbie slept a whole lot. ;-)

-Colin
    I managed to use that link earlier today.

Use tape for the dog hair. Get a big piece of packing tape, and stick it to the seat. Pull it up and the hair usually lifts off. I do this all the time. Hadji sheds like a ... well, like some cats!

-juice
    Yeah...I tried from work on the T1 line and it took a long time. Don't know why. Hopefully, it will be quicker later? The pics are pretty good so I hope to share with y'all :-)

Stephen
  • seamus3seamus3 Member Posts: 98
    anytime your WRX is feeling neglected give me a call, i'm right near green lake. i'll give her all the attention she needs, ha ha ha! just kidding. they wouldn't even start a WRX for me at carter no less let me drive one. but he still wanted me to buy one. at first i wasn't too into the new look either, but now i really like it.
    OK, saw Stephen's pics. Zing must have been taking a smoke break when I tried last, everything was fine this time.

Nice WRX! I agree about removing the S U B A R U badge. ;-) And boy is that a big project you're undertaking on the house. That would take me 3 years...

-Colin
  • bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    Very nice, Stephen!
    Yep, the de-badging looks good.

Dennis
    Seamus: Sure...come on over to Greenwood/Phinney, but beware, you'll have to help pull of siding on the house. The price of admission and all :-)

Colin/Dennis: I try not to think about the enormity of the project. I was out pulling off more siding last night in fact. I discovered the old coal bin for when the house was heated by coal and some boarded up cabinets that opened to the outside as well as the inside of the kitchen. I think they were like primitive crispers or something. My neighbor up the street has them too but uses them as a liquor cabinet (oops, this was supposed to be a secret...she made me swear.) :-)

Stephen
    And you're also a landscaper? The previous owners of our house told us how many thousands of dollars they spent on shrubs, trees, etc.
    For me, it's too much work. I would be perfectly happy with a pile of rocks around the house. :-)
    Dennis
    Dennis: No...not a professional landscaper but learning a lot. The idea was to plant perenials that didn't need a lot of care once established and to get rid of most of the lawn. The yard was small to begin with. I think the entire lot including house is about 3000 sq ft. Actually, the landscaping was cheaper than and quicker than doing the house remodel during the first couple of years of ownership. Either way, Home Depot has gotten to know my previous Soob, 00'OB Ltd, and now the WRX. :-)

Stephen
  • seamus3seamus3 Member Posts: 98
    if spending a day doing hard labor means a ride in a WRX, i'm there. unfortunately i have finals this coming week and i will be spending all of my spare time buried in my books. maybe after finals.

seamus
    Boy, that's going to be a big sun roof!

Looks pretty sturdy under there.
  • evilizardevilizard Member Posts: 195
    Ok, lets give this a try and see if I can get these images up.
    veiw through the moonroof(s)

Through the front (my 96 in the background)

Guess who's car this really is

More at

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A0E0AD31CF6&cb=PA

Of course it doesn't hurt to have a lovely model on hand to complement it.
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Nice photos. Can we say that the owner's happy with her vehicle? :)

Ken
  • originalbitmanoriginalbitman Member Posts: 920
    Those photos are great. I have a white GT and wonder if is possible to get paint to adhere well to one of those plastic hood protectors. It would look even better clear or painted. So that's Austin hey? Looks like a nice neighborhood.

bit
    Slap the right kind of primer on an paint will stick to almost anything. The hood deflector is probably acrillic.

Yup thats my neigboorhood in Austin. It pretty green these days but in a month or so everthing turns brown and dies from the heat.

The owner really likes her car..
  • kate5000kate5000 Member Posts: 1,271

isn't it beautiful?
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Nice photos, Kate. There's defintely something 'bout the Foresters and California scenery.

Ken

• p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    Kate- Congrats, looks good as new!
  • babaorileybabaoriley Member Posts: 74
    Nice pics, Kate! I took my oo OB through that area last year. It's pretty easy to find some mud and dirt trails for the AWD to have fun in.
    Where did you park to take those pictures?

-Brett
  • nygregnygreg Member Posts: 1,936
    the tinted windows look great against the paint. Very nice.

-Greg
  • jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
    How do I send a picture in?
    Welcome! That question is answered in post #1, right click on the link for [beginning of discussion] and open it in a new window.

-Colin
  • kate5000kate5000 Member Posts: 1,271
    Jim,

your link to photopoint has some error in it. I looked at your albums and none had the id as posted in your URL. Please re-check your albums on photopoint

The link you provided: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1726912&a=13279404&f=0 will display an error page, this is the problem. I'm sure if you pass a correct URL, we'll see your legacy.

Very nice Legacy Turbo!

-Colin
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I'm interested!

-mike
    As a matter of fact, I was thinking about selling it. But, don't you live in N.Y.? How do I know that? Because I also own a 1998 Trooper! That would be quite a drive home! Thanks for the comments.

Jim
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    still might be interested :) Drop me an e-mail when/if and what price you are looking for.

-mike
    Nice, Jimmy.
    Ooh, look. A Legacy with a functional hood scoop.:-)
    Dennis
  • ramonramon Member Posts: 825
    a legacy turbo. and it such pristine condition. that's a keeper.
This discussion has been closed.