Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

taken advantage of by massey cadillac

motolove014motolove014 Member Posts: 2
In january ( 4 months ago) I purchased a used 2006 cadillac cts from Massey Cadillac. It had 103,000 miles on it. Less then a month after I bought the vehicle, which happened to have a clean history, I had to take it to the shop for what turned out to be bushings.Fine whatever, after 100,000 miles I can expect to change out some things. But last week my car started to basically break down. When I get on the gas it makes a horrible stuttering noise, and randomly jolts when I'm driving. I've noticed that the noise it is making has gradually gotten louder and has been there since I bought the vehicle. I found out today that I have to replace my camshafts because it is causing 4 out of the 6 cylinders to misfire. The problem has been there all along and i'm pissed. Apparently a woman can't go into a car dealership and trust the people working there to sell her a car that works. I didn't know it would be necessary to have to bring a mechanic along who could comb the car and make sure that I wasn't being sold a lemon. So now i'm facing $2500 upwards in repairs in a car that I have owned for LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS. I am so angry and I feel absolutely taken advantage of.

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. You should post a review in our Dealer Ratings & Reviews. That would be a more effective way to share your experience with prospective customers.

http://www.edmunds.com/dealer-reviews/
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning motolove014,

I'm sorry that you feel angry and that you were taken advantage of when you purchased this vehicle. If we can set up a dealership complaint on your behalf, or assist further, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership as well as a brief summary of the situation). My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will assist you further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    did the car come with any warranty issued by the dealer......interesting you mentioned the cam shaft issue was there all along.....wondering why you make that statement...how many miles have you driven since your purchased the vehicle.....?

if you dont mind sharing....how much did you pay for the car??
  • motolove014motolove014 Member Posts: 2
    no warranty was offered because I purchased it at 103,000 miles. I remember the noise having been there all along, it has just gradually gotten louder. at first I thought it was just a car noise. (obviously I know nothing about cars). I driven about 4,000 miles since I purchased my vehicle, and I believe I paid about 14,000 for it.
  • ikisschicks420ikisschicks420 Member Posts: 1
    I wish I would have read your post before I went to this dealership.. because the EXACT same thing happened to me, at the SAME dealership in July of this year. I bought a used 2006 CTS with 80k miles on it (clean history). As soon as I start driving home from the dealership, I start noticing the "random jolts" "bucking" when gears changed and misfires; all of which goes from barely noticeable, to alarming. Driving home from work recently, my CTS shutters and shuts off. A mechanic tells me the engine is "locked up". The dealership won't even return my calls. Now I have a useless car that I owe $8k on still.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    ikisschicks420,

We're sorry that you have not had a satisfactory experience with the dealership and with your CTS.
    If we can look into anything with the dealership for you, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, a brief recap of the situation, and the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • adriansmomadriansmom Member Posts: 2
    I purchased this beauty and it turned out to be an $11,000 shell. As is, no warranty so I was assuming like a dummy that I would be okay because its from a legit car dealer... Livermore Honda. Turns out as soon as I got home I had a slow tire leak. $200 tire. Same day a tranny leak which they fixed. Coming home from a midnight shift and already an exhaust leak. Harley Davidson sitting in my hood. $300. Now i need a new drivetrain....$1,200 and on top of that my mechanic asks why the dealership didnt tune the sucker up. $600.
    The passenger airbag doesnt work as of day two off the lot. Hadnt driven it at night until I went to work and the blinkers turn on the high beams. First week of purchase. Total frustration. I hate this car! I still have 10 grand to pay on it. Thanks Livermore Honda. Youre the best.
  • adriansmomadriansmom Member Posts: 2
    Livermore honda is willing to work with me. That was quick but never a caddy again