Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Subaru Outback

Comments

• alexz5alexz5 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    so what is the difference between the two, only the 6 way adjustable seat for 2.5i and 8 ways for premium, plus the 4 and 6 speakers systems for the two?
    By the way, how much you guys can beat against the invoice price from the dealer, i am in long island NY.
  • 2010 outback vibration..drove me nuts... really bad a stop after running at high speeds. Took it in several times & finally got Subaru Corp involved. Have them check the big belt that runs everything...they got in a bad batch and it's too loose... car still vibrates but not as bad...but still tries to stall at lights... Commom problem NOT the tires... The stuttering and vibration is something else..Rough Idyle too.
  • ggroeggroe Posts: 4
    I beat invoice by about $900 on a 2.5i Premium with option package 6.
  • obfan1976obfan1976 Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    dear all -

I need help/guidance. I am getting transferred outside US and need to sell my very new 3 months old Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited Prez.

2013 4 Door Wagon H4 Automatic 2.5i Premium PZEV REAR SEATBACK PROTECTOR,REAR BUMPER COVER,SPLASH GUARDS,ALL-WEATHER + MOONROOF for $25801 ( out of door 28434)

What price can I expect? Any similar experience and guidance so that I don't lose whole lot of money on this super cool new car ..only 4500 miles travelled.

thanks in advance
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You lose about 10% of its value when you drive off the lot, and maybe another 10% or so each year after that. 4500 miles is about half a year, so I would try to get 85% of what you paid or better.

Just a rule of thumb, not scientific.
  • obfan1976obfan1976 Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the quick response.

Is this rule applied on on-road value?

Do the dealers buy-back the car? What are the best way to sell it? Craigslists?
  • Did you sell it yet? I am interested. What color? Remote start up? In Sacramento. Haven't used this site before so don't know how to contact you privately.
  • still researching.. not sure how to best give you details with security on this site...
    That's just a rule of thumb. CarMax will give you a written quote valid for 7 days. Start there and then maybe try to beat their offer.
  • thanks ateixeira.. got a first offer which is close to 80% .. will try carmax..thanks
  • I'm almost commited to a new Subaru. Never owned one. Looking at the 3.6 with special appearance package. One thing i'm a bit hesitant with is the keyless starter. I'm coming from a BMW and am really fearful of all the electronic gizmos that can fail, especially when it comes to starting the car. But I really love the saddle brown leather. Anyone have an opinion on the reliability of the keyless starter. I know it is new for Subaru, but I guess i wonder what is involved in one and what could possibly/likely fail.
    Never heard a complaint about them...at least not yet.
  • bob192bob192 Posts: 19
    the only thing to be wary of: if you lose your key, instead of spending a dollar it will cost a hundred dollars.
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,457
    The "normal" coded key is WAY more than $1 to replace/program.
  • We have had an 2013 outback 2.5 for about 2months (2600 mi). For the last 3 weeks or so we have noticed that when starting when cold, the rpms go to about 1900 and the car vibrates a little. The dealer says it is normal so I am curious if other people have the same thing. 1900 rpm seems a little high to me. The car does settle when warm. Also it didn't seem to rev so high when brand new or we didn't notice. Any thoughts?
  • typesixtypesix Posts: 314
    It's normal for any car to have rpms go to 1900, if it is cold outside. The colder, the higher the rpms may go. I have 2012 Forester with same engine and on cold start it will go to 2000 rpm and then settle at 1500 rpm.
  • I'm considering buying a 2013 Outback. The dealer I talked to said the engine and suspension had been improved on in the 2013 Outback. Anyone know just what Subaru did? Does it make much of a difference from the 2012? What does it mean for maintenance?
  • lynnvinlynnvin Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    There are some important changes to the 2013 - they stiffened up the suspension to eliminate the lane sway that can be experienced on the 2012. Also, the 2013 has a timing chain instead of a timing belt, eliminating the need to change the timing belt. The 2013 has a the 2nd generation CVT (transmission) and the oil filter is on the top of the engine - making oil changes fairly easy if you like to do them yourself. I bought a new 2013 last July - had is for 6 months and love it - handled great in the small amount of snow we had so far this winter.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,445
    The FB engine also reroutes the coolant channels to (hopefully) eliminate head gasket failure risk associated with the previous EJ model, which had persisted in this model over several adjustments that spanned about 17 years (or more?) of production.
  • Hello,

Would someone be able to supply the money factor and residual values please for this month. Also, if possible what would be a average monthly lease payment on an approximate value of $32K all in? I live in Oakland California.

I'm very excited to say that I'm going to be purchasing a 2013 Outback 3.6R Limited with moonroof, 12K miles and 36 to 48 month lease. Not sure about navigation as of yet. I have heard good things about purchasing the vehicle at the Livermore dealership. I will purchase it in May when my current vehicle lease expires.

If you need additional information I would be happy to supply it. This forum and the information found here have been extremely helpful. Thanks so much.

Lisa
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    edited February 2013
    Hi Lisa :)
    Post that query here: Subaru Outback Lease Questions and my colleague Car_Man will be happy to help!

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • My wife and I bought a fully loaded Subaru Outback 3.6 (2012) and I must say...it's a beautiful car! However, we have been having significant transmission problems ever since (pretty much since the first week). When coming to a rolling stop and re-accelerating (even mildly) there is a significant "clunk" in the transmission. Ouch! Our hearts sank immediately as we'd just parted with a significant amount of money for this purchase. We've taken the vehicle back to the dealership in an attempt to deal with the problem. They tried to reset the computer code somehow, but have failed to fix the problem. They are now telling us this is normal for the car and have left it at that...If you're going to spend about $40 grand on a new vehicle you hope the company would ensure that your concerns were addressed. We've owned new Honda's and Toyota's in the past and have never experienced a transmission clunk like this....ever! Until this issues is addressed...I wouldn't touch this car with a ten foot pole...even if it were a 2013.

For those other owners of the 2012 outback 3.6....I hope you've come to a better resolution that we have!
  • winter2winter2 Posts: 1,798
    I would suggest trying another dealership. Not all of them are the same.
  • firstawdfirstawd Posts: 3
    I have had my 2013 2.5i Limited Outback since August and I want to comment on fuel economy. Up until October I was averaging 28.5 mpg. Sometime in late October mpg went down a solid 5.5 mpg. All cars suffer poorer mpg in winter. There is winter blend gas, the car is programed to burn more at startup when temps drop, and (for me anyway) I use the remote starter to warm the car up before I drive it. I think this car gets great gas milage for the size of it and also because it is AWD. Thats all I got to say about that :)
  • firstawdfirstawd Posts: 3
    I have had my 2013 since August and it does idle a little rough when cold (even during summer months). I don't think anything is wrong its just how that particular motor is. After its warmed up it purrs like a kitten.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,445
    edited March 2013
    The roughness at startup is, I am told, associated with PZEV programming (reduces emissions and helps the engine to obtain operating temp faster). My '10 Forester has a rough startup idle (nothing terrible, but not as smooth as after it warms) and it has PZEV. My previous two Outbacks (07 and 08) had the same engine but were not rough at start up (and were also not PZEV).
  • I'm very excited to pick up my new 2013 2.5 Premium this weekend and was wondering if there were any undocumented features or tips/tricks that you've discovered?

Thanks for the input!
  • Hey newgreencar13,

So what ever happened to your cruise control blinking light problem? Has it been fine since the they reset it in August?

I have a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited and my cruise control light started blinking today with less than 150 miles too. :( I just bought the car yesterday and around 120 miles I noticed the light blinking. My heart sunk and I suddenly lost that new car euphoria feeling. I called my salesman immediately after checking my manual to see if there was anything I could do to hard reset. He stated he never heard of the problem but recommended I come in to talk to the service guys. I am heading straight to the dealer tomorrow.

The light will go off if I keep the car off for a while, but will start blinking again when I drive distance. The cruise control isn't working at all whether I get the blinking light or not. I'm hoping it's not anything big.

Wish me luck!
  • cmunizcmuniz Posts: 604
    Make sure your brake lights are working. In past cars, whenever there was a problems with the brakes lights or the sensor on the brake pedal, the cruise control wouldn't work.
  • This makes me so sad. My 1997 Outback was a dream. If I was not worried about the head gasket issue I would have fixed it up and kept it. The 2013 is troublesome. There is a rattle sound from underneath that happens on slow acceleration. The dealership said it recalibrated something or other, but the noise is still there although much less. I will keep listening as I am still under warranty. The paint finish is soft. The slightest touch, like from a tree branch, causes a small scratch, The edges of the front door are showing nicks. The car is only 9 months old. Lastly it drives like a truck...so much different than the '97. If there are no major issues I will keep it for a couple of years and look for another brand. Too bad, because I like to keep cars a long, long time. Unless there are some major changes in the Subaru, I am GONE.