Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Volt

13»

Comments

• I definitely agree with the Lease concept at this time. There is going to be too many price changes as manufacturing ramps up on the various parts of EV automobiles. For that reason I think the lease option is currently the one that makes me the most comfortable. I currently lease a 2012 Volt [which my youngest son has taken control of :-) ], but I am always looking around for a "good deal" on a worthwhile product. My Prius has over 80k on it and doing wonderfully, however if a "deal" popped up I am ready.

Now GM/Chevy have been selling cars longer than I have been around... but their current pricing is completely baffling to me. I keep hoping someone will explain that there is something I am "missing."

There certainly is not enough dealer markup in the Volt to allow them to give a lot of preference to the 2013 models to move them... but that is what it looks like Chevy is doing to me... they are expecting the dealer network to just suck it up and whore out the remaining 2013's and try and hold firm on the pricing of the '14 models until they can empty their lots. That is quite a bit to ask of a dealer network that has been getting squeezed on both ends for the last few years.
  • Hi, can some one help to calculate the deal for buying a 2013 or 2014 Volt? Checked a local dealer in Riverside, CA. The dealer is cutting $4000 from the MSRP and there is another $5000 discount from GM. It is however it is not qualified for any further finance incentive. The dealer said, it is either that $3000 plus 4 years no interest car loan, or that $5000 discount. I found from a different dealer that it will give $2000 discount on 2014 model which can have free interest for 4 years. For a loan at $30K+, the interest will be more than $2000. So at the end, it is the same price for 2013 and 2014 model. Did I miscalculate it? I am wondering it this is case why bother to go with 2013 model. It is not cheaper than 2014. The 2014 model is already $5000 less than the 2013 model. It is appreciated if any one can help with the details.
  • Costco offers special deals on GM products, including Volt. Is anyone familiar with it? After reading several posts, it appears that some dealers give discounts anyway. So, maybe this Costco deal is not as good as it sounds. Thank you.
  • tonbobtonbob Posts: 5

2013 are at blow out prices now. Indiana chevy dealer with just 4 13's left selling at $11,000 off msrp. When combined with $7,500 tax credit, that puts the car at cost including sales tax and OTD at just $24,500. Seems that puts the gas savings of $700-1,200/year firmly into play and better cost than any other reasonably equipped mid to compact size car available. Now... hope there are no issues as reported early with Volt and I'll be happy!

• PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,807

@tonbob said: 2013 are at blow out prices now. Indiana chevy dealer with just 4 13's left selling at $11,000 off msrp. When combined with $7,500 tax credit, that puts the car at cost including sales tax and OTD at just $24,500. Seems that puts the gas savings of $700-1,200/year firmly into play and better cost than any other reasonably equipped mid to compact size car available. Now... hope there are no issues as reported early with Volt and I'll be happy!

Are you purchasing? I don't know anyone who owns a Volt yet, so it would be interesting to hear your firsthand, real-world experiences!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

13»