Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds Member Spotlight - Meet Fezo! - June/July 2012

Comments

• jg88jg88 Posts: 59
    And lost forever is my Christmas poem based on "Twas the night before Christmas" where one of the lines was "and they went to the mattresses". There was gold in them thar hills, all gone now.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    Ah, yes. Those were the days except for the fact that back then we were constantly relearning where the line was that you couldn't cross. That seems much more defined now.

OK,, here it is - the only commercial you'll see in here - Team Steve - Relay for Life Hope Lodge NYC June 21, 2012. Raise me a fortune....
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    You should be honored - even the spammers graced your topic with their presence (selling all sorts of goods for your pets).

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Yeah, I caught one spammer. What higher honor.....
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,626
    Hey, congratulations Steve or....ah...fezo!

You certainly deserve the honor!

Now, get yourself healthy and STAY that way my friend!
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,282
    interesting piece on Nightline last night. Robin Roberts announced that she has another illness (she was the one that had very public breast cancer treatments a few years back), and it is the same one (MDS). She may be taking over Fezo's room at some point, since they were talking about treatment being a bone marrow transplant.

She was at least fortunate to be a perfect match with her sister, so at least that part will be easier.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

Yeah, I caught that. Welcome to the club, Robin. Not one you want to be in but you'll be fine. It's time consuming getting better but all is moving along for me and I'm sure it will for her as well. Just don't expect to be right back to work.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,146
    Good opportunity to plug Be The Match too.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,136
    Big, bright spotlight on one of the brightest lights here at Edmunds! :)
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    edited June 2012
    I've been around here since about 1999, maybe longer, I really don't remember.

You've been on the forums I frequent for several years now. But farther back, it seems I don't remember seeing postings from you. But there were several occasional posts from other 'Old Timers' about the vaulted 'Fezo' and what he said about some topic in the past years.

Was there a time where you took a 'time out' from Edmunds?
  • berriberri Posts: 4,159
    Hey, you cheat in Scrabble and like the Beach Boys and probably Jan and Dean as well - that makes you good in my book!
    There might have been a couple of years where I was taking it easy but I've certainly been around.

I think there was a time fairly early on when I took a break back when they couldn't figure out how tight a reign they wanted to put on things. Back then you might find your post "scribbled" - which meant gone.
    Oh, sure. Jan and Dean, too! I would think for car guys that would almost be a requirement!
    Too quiet in here.... In the old days that's when we post something like "Who's The Most Annoying Host" as a new topic.

Just not the same today when they have the rules a lot more figured out, though my nominee would be..... NO. Not catching me there....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,905
    No.... go ahead.. :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Now my money was on steve as the first to take the bait but glad to see you here....
    It's a tough question. They did so much weeding over the years.

I think the one who survived all those years pretty much intact is Mr. Shiftright who doesn't qualify as annoying in the least. Back in the day he was the beacon of sanity though he'd probably be insulted by my saying that.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Got a question for Fezo? Just ask!

Hi Fezo! What is the meaning of life? And why can't I find a car to buy that meets or exceeds my lofty expectations?
  • berriberri Posts: 4,159
    Oh, sure. Jan and Dean, too! I would think for car guys that would almost be a requirement

Now you're from the Northeast. You can add Doo-Wop which seemed so predominantly NYC and Philly. Good doo-Wop and old car shows are hard to beat as a combo.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,529
    Fezo, you have *no idea* how much human effort it takes to appear sane. :P

Steve, I think Mr. Shiftright came to "know" us pretty well and as a result he trusted us to not step (too far) over the line.

My username I'm sure brought a lot of wrath on me and I was often the target of some insults. I would push back, to a point but I think I knew when to back off. There were a couple of hosts that kept their thumb on me to the point I almost left a couple of times.

A lot of troublemakers have come and gone over the years along with car salespeople trying to promote their business. I never once did that and I think everyone knew that. That wasn't my goal.

I do miss some of the active topics that have disappeared or dried up and I really miss a lot of the former posters. I didn't always agree with them but I enjoyed the back and forth banter.
    The meaning of your life? That would be a tough one..... I'm surprised it's not in your book....
    Fezo, you have *no idea* how much human effort it takes to appear sane

Hang in there shifty, you survived mine and isells "rough" years. It's all downhill from here. ;)

Besides shiftright, tidester was a great host. I really miss him. Witty and sharp as a tack. In all the global warming discussions I read, he was so clear and precise in his arguments... his posters (debating the opposite point of view) didn't stand a chance. He was a really nice guy.
    Jipster, you weren't "rough" compared to a few before you. You annoyed me as I probably did you until I got to "know" you and realized you were a good egg. Where have you been anyway?

Totally agree on tidester. What a nice guy and what a terrible loss.

I'm thinking that Shifty may be the only remaining "original" host? Am I right?
    Yeah, I'm sure Shifty is the last of the original hosts. Actually that is a good thing for the most part. He's been pretty much the same guy all along. The "newer" hosts are more in that mold.

I do miss Tidester. Big loss.
    You're a good guy isell. Took me awhile to figure it out, but better late than never. ;)

Well, I've been away due to a couple of things. Mainly going thru the process of trying to sell my old house "By Owner", getting the old house repaired, painted and ready to sell... while moving into our new house. From start to finish that was about a 7 month, long and tedious, process. Guess that broke me of my daily habit of logging onto Edmunds. Always enjoyable when I'm able to check in and see how you guys are doing. By the way, haven't seen you in awhile either. Where have you been.... traveling? :confuse:
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,392
    edited June 2012
    I'm a youngster having come around here for the first time in 2004. I recognized immediately the uniqueness of the forum and the value of the contributions made by everyone thus far posting to this topic, along with many, many others.

Whether the flavor of the day is agreement, debate, or heated argument, this forum feels like a bastion of sanity compared to the often turbulent world outside it. Great timing for this topic, too, as it makes for a nice reprieve from the chaos and tragedy in my week.

Best wishes on your continued healing, Fezo.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,529
    edited June 2012
    I don't know that I'm the last original host or not, but I am the *oldest* host in age I believe. If I can't outsmart 'em, I can outlive 'em :P

I think I expressed, or felt, genuine disappointment only 1X with any member of the Forums, and that of course, is long past history that need not be relived. The fact that such an occurrence is so rare speak volumes to your collective ability to get along, change your mind, take a breath, see the other side, and best of all, to realize that contribution beats confrontation every time.

Okay, the love-in is over, get your gloves back on! :)

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    You, Car_Man, and myself started as hosts in 1997 when the community was first launched. And you're not "old", Mr_Shiftright, you're chronologically gifted. :shades:

Soooo, fifteen years in this gig. I know there are many that have disagreed in how the Forums have been managed over the years, but I hope they realize that it's been a learning process for us and our intentions have always been for the good of the entire community.

Yeesh, I sound like a manager or something. :)

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

I hadn't realized you went that far back. I certainly knew you'd been here a while!

I haven't seen Car_man in a dog's age. I'm on the wrong boards....

I was going to mention the learning curve. We ran through a few folks in charge finding that. I only found out in the last week or so that the last few weeks that there was a change I didn't know about but the handoff was seamless which is way better than things had been before.

They need another host, I'm available....