Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds Member Spotlight - Meet Fezo! - June/July 2012

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,459
    Get ready for the parade when you get back. ;)
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    You betcha!
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,602
    beats the alternative.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,030
    I'm not much for Father's Day; as a friend of mine puts it, it's just the same as Mother's Day- except you get a tie or a shirt.
    Whoopie...

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

Today we present Sir Fezo's driver's ed in three minutes. Many here can ignore the speed part of the advice. Grandpa's advice.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,362
    It'll be a good Father's Day for me! Going to "Fenders on Front Street" which is a yearly event in our town. They close down the main street and it'll be packed with a hundred or more old cars. Going with my son and 2 year old grandson.

Then, probably fire up the bar-b-que.

Another car show tonight. What a great town to live in!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,362
    My parents had a car like that one! A 1951 Buick Roadmaster. Dark green with a white top. What a car that was!

That song reminded me of a story.

There was a five year old girl whose grandfather would pick her up every Saturday morning and take her for a ride in the country in his car.

One Saturday, he couldn't come so her grandmother picked her up instead and took her for her weekly ride.

When they returned, her mother asked if she had enjoyed the ride.

" Oh yes, we saw cows, sheep, and horses but we didn't even see one [non-permissible content removed] this time"
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,030
    LOL!

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• zaken1zaken1 Posts: 556
    Having only been on this site since about 2007, I don't have the old memories you guys have; but I'm still known to fix things well.

I am a cancer survivor (Melanoma in 1990) and have been through stuff I would not want anyone to go through. In 1995, I found out about an electrical instrument which kills viruses and bacteria by using precisely tuned radio frequencies. I didn't know anything about it; but it came with an unconditional money back guarantee; and I was up against the wall at that time; so I bought it. I soon found that it is more effective than I would ever have imagined.

I've now been using this device for 17 years, and I would always hope to have it with me when needed. It is gentle and free of side effects, and can be used in the privacy of home, where it can enhance the results of conventional therapies.

As might be expected; there are conflicting opinions about this. I tend to place more trust in my own experience than in claims and opinions I hear.

Anyway, there is a book by Barry Lymes, called :"The Cancer Cure That Worked." which describes the history of this device: http://www.amazon.com/The-Cancer-Cure-That-Worked/dp/0919951309?tag=duckduckgo-l- m-20

There are many such devices being sold. The best one I would want for myself is: http://gb4000.org/gb4000_products.html There is also a less expensive device that looks potentially good; though I have not personally used one: http://www.rifedigital.com/

I hope you have a great weekend! Joel
    Isell, Happy Dad's Day, and you have really relaxed since starting your new career. ;)
    Not sure if it has anything to do with your posts about the 528i, but I saw an ad on tv today that the 528i now has a 3k incentive. :)
    Once you go down that 'youtube' road, it's hard to get back off.
    That guy is great. :shades:
    Well, your Sir has had his first experience in a Ford Transit Connect taxi. If I can be careful enough it won't be repeated.

Holy smokes! First you climb up a flight to get in and then what a rigid, bumpy ride - with the "oh, %$#@!!&" handle just out of reach.

Better stick with the old Crown Vics.
  • jg88jg88 Posts: 59
    Since Ford brought them out, I wondered what they rode like. I know of a guy who bought one and outfitted it like a mini RV for camping trips.

In NYC it seems most of the newer cabs today are Escape hybrids, what will they do now since the new Escapes are all solely gas operated?

BTW, really liked the Nascar link.
    Yeah, a lot of Escape hybrids around here. Perfectly fine to ride in.

Lots of Camry hybrids as well though I've yet to catch one of those.
    Had my first ride in a Prius taxi today. Kind of like riding in the back of a Corolla. Not the jarring experience the Transit Connect was.

An Escape hybrid for the trip back. Nice ride actually.

Plenty hot out there today.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    The tape will probably hang her but all she had to do was say "I thought I dialed 511".

Or 411 or 211. So many similar numbers out there it's going to happen more and more. Not to mention dialing 911 when you sit down with your phone in your back pocket.
    Back pocket? Didn't think to look THERE!!!