Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds Member Spotlight - Meet Fezo! - June/July 2012

1235»

Comments

• jg88jg88 Posts: 59
    Bullwinkle is what I named our '04 expy...
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,391
    Now for those here who go back far enough you should know that long ago we had a long running hit series of topics here (back then you could overload a topic and have to start version 2,3,4....) called Ask Sir Fezo. (For those wondering I was knighted by another poster some time around 1997.)

I notice now that Edmunds.com is using the motto "Ask the Car People." They have gone so far as to trademark it. Your Sir is beginning to think that his creative powers have been used for commercial purposes with no compensation (though I got a really nice jacket for having this topic...).

So now everyone should howl in protest to our overworked hosts.......
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,689
    Hear! Hear!

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,324
    Fez, I don't think you can copyright the word "Ask" but you can ask... :P

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Maybe I should have tried to get an angle on "the.".....
    edited July 2012
    Good one!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - ----
    However, if pressed, I'd yestify that Sir Fezo is indeed due a % of the advertising fees associated with this site as he has spurred on remarkable increases in viewership and click through. Or perhaps Edmunds could see to it that cars they test cycle to the Sir's driveway a week at a time on a regular basis. Let him add his 2 cents as part of the review. I can visualize a Panamera 4s in the drive next to the Ody...
    Okay, then we'll comp him on his membership dues :P

I LOVE your idea and it only confirms my opinion of you as a poster with superior intelligence but must break one bit of news to you - no more Ody. I am officially out of the minivan biz since October. Maybe should be in some 12 step program....

I traded it in at another poster's dealership on a 2007 Solara convertible. With rare exception, such as being released to home tomorrow with all my junk, I don't miss the van. This winter was mild enough that I've had the top down every month I've owned the Solara. Well, for April and maybe May my wife had to have the top down but she somehow made the sacrifice......

Let's see when they send me Panamera 4s. I'm ready. I'll even do a long term test for them at little extra charge...
    Well then, if the Sir supports the idea, it must have a high degree of merit otherwise he would never throw his full support behind something not worthwhile. As far as waiving the fees, our host, while being fully in command of the obvious, is dare I say almost denigrating this concept in the presence of the Sir himself. Brave? We shall see.

Sorry about the Ody. But a ragtop that is not a Miata? Am surprised and a bit impressed by your open-mindedness, or opentoppedness.
    edited July 2012
    Well we'd have to test this theory. We'll have fezo banish himself from the forums for say a week and then see if we notice a massive drop in Forums visitors. :P

Actually, since Edmunds Forums are not Facebook, I'd guess that a small % of revenue might not quite add up to the cost of the stamp to mail him his check :P

However, it's my impression that :shades: Edmunds has always valued quality over quantity when it comes to membership.

Possibly stock options for the Sir? It's a win-win!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,026
    The time has come to feature another member, but this isn't being shut down. It will move over to the OTC and you may continue there.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

I'm being replaced!

I've been missing a while. After they let me go home for about ten days I developed bad headaches which turns out to be toxoplasmosis - something I've had to deal with all my life. This time as a lesion on my brain. Nasty thing and no telling how long I'll be laid up.

Stay tuned.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,540
    oh good grief!
    sorry to hear it, fez.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,294
    oh good grief!

Absolutely.

Keep positive & keep us posted.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,851
    Lesion on the brain. That explains your posts. ;)
    Just kidding. You know where to post about your progress.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,026
    Sir Fezo can never be replaced. :)

Ugh about the toxo. :sick: Hope you're feeling better soon!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

1235»