Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Acura ILX Lease Questions

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Driver_330,

Can you provide more specifics re: your lease deal? I am negotiating for an ILX currently (sign and drive), but the best I have received thus far is $299/mo for the Base, $339/mo Premium and $344/mo Tech. Whatever you're willing to share would be appreciated to help me in my negotiations.

Thanks in advance.
  • driver_330driver_330 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Hi Litigator,

What exactly you want to know,

MSRP 32295
    Sale Price 28170
    Aq. Fee 595
    Tax 338.04
    Doc Fee 125
    other fees 206
    Gross Capital Cost 29434.04
    Residual 59% 19054.05
    Money factor .00024
    Miles 10000 per year
    Term 36 months
    First payment or down payment 300
    35 more payments of 299.97

If you need more info please let me know.
    Regards,
  • Here's the best deal I was able to get in Central Florida after pitting several dealerships against each other:

ILX Tech with the following accessories: Pro Pack (splash guards, wheel locks, carpeted floor mats, and trunk tray) and all-weather floor mats).

36 month / $0 down (sign/drive; dealer pays all fees and first month payment) / 10,000 miles per year for $320 mo (including tax).

Thanks to everyone for all of the information in this forum. It was very helpful in my negotiations.
  • Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I am in need of help with my first lease deal! Here's my scenario:

I bought a car about 7 months ago (big mistake), and now I hate it. I went in to see the 2013 Acura ILX w/ Premium package. I loved it. After going back and forth with two dealers they gave me a quote at $26,545 (price of car). It's a lease deal for 10k miles year at 36 months. Once they added my negative equity which is about $3,000 the payment came out to $390.00. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Also, how is Acura with their leases? Thanks!
  • Whats the tax rate for Florida? Pa is 9%..i have an ILX tech quote 330/mo + tax and 2300 down.
  • acura2103 - The tax rate here is 6%. Good luck in your negotiations!
  • lr92002lr92002 Posts: 7
    I'm in the ft worth area. What dealer gave you that deal? Thanks
  • dantewolfedantewolfe Posts: 3
    Great post. I'm looking for a Acura ILX Hybrid. I can lease for my business, but I need to keep my payment at about $299 a month and my goal is zero down. Is this doable in California?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi litigator. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. Let's take a look at the selling price.

The dealer invoice pice of a 2013 ILX Tech is $30,438. If we subtract the available $1,750 dealer cash from that it drops to $28,688. The selling price that you were quoted is nearly $1,500 higher than that before taking into account the doc fee. That seems a little expensive to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello lovecars003. The dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in is $28,402. If we subtract the $1,400 dealer cash that is available on this car from that it drops to around $27,000. The selling price that you were quoted is even lower than that, which is a very good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer uses the buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dantewolfe. I'm not sure, but I can find out. Let's work a payment up on this car and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid that has an MSRP of $29,795 and a selling price of $26,624 ($500 over invoice minus incentives) through Acura Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $279.

So yes, it certainly looks like the payment that you are interested in is possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • driver_330driver_330 Posts: 3
    mac churchill acura
  • mp1112mp1112 Posts: 2
    I was offered a deal on a 2013 ilx, base model. Lease is for 36 months, 10k miles yr. lease is $1000 down- includes all fees, tax and first month payment. Monthly payment is $278 per month. Price of car is $1100.00 below invoice. This is from a NYC dealership. Should I take this deal or
    Negotiate more? Any help is appreciated as this is my first lease. Thank you
  • dantewolfedantewolfe Posts: 3
    Damn you're good on those numbers. I went for a test drive and fell in love with the Blk Hybrid w/ tech pack. So far one dealer is really trying to get me in this car, but another was honest enough to tell me the 2014 will probably be out in a couple of months. I have always heard July is a good time to buy/lease cars as new models are coming. Any thoughts on this?

Meanwhile here is the best quote I have on 2013 Hybrid w/ tech:
    Drive Off Amount:$750
    10,000 miles per year
    *Monthly Payment $334 - Plus Tax
    12,000 miles per year
    *Monthly Payment $363 - Plus Tax
  • This was my deal back in December...

2013 acura ILX BASE
    MSRP- $26795--
    Your price- $24,510.94
    Money Factor: .00024
    Residual: .62
    Residual Value-- $16,612

Doc Fee $199 (INC)
    Bank Fee$595 (INC)
    First pymnt ----- (INC)
    NY Sales tax- $857.63 (8.875%)
    12k MILES/36 Months
    $1000 Total Out of Pocket

$255/month x36 months

I went to Ramsey Acura in Ramsey NJ (past Giants stadium) did everything over the phone had a good experience. I got 6,000 more miles per month and paid $23 less a month then your deal.
  • beezer26beezer26 Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I just visited Honolulu Acura and was quoted the following for an ILX Premium Package:

Sale price: $29,200
    Acquisition fee: $595
    TDS fee: $299 (they said this one could be waived)
    Capitalized cost: $30,094
    Money factor: 0.00024
    Residual: $17455.10 (58%)

Monthly payment: $365+tax (not sure if this is rounded; my calculations come out to $362.49)
    Upfront cost incl. 1st month payment: $951

I know this isn't a very good deal compared to most of the ones quoted on this board, but I heard that Acura Honolulu does not allow very much room for negotiation, as they have the monopoly on the business (they're the only Acura dealer in the state). They also had a "special market markup" of $3995 on the sticker price, raising the MSRP to $34,090. Do you have any knowledge of past sales in Hawaii that I can compare to, and what is your advice?

PS: The salesman claimed not to know of the $1400 dealer incentive from the manufacturer.

Thanks!
    Thanks dantewolfe. What selling price is the dealer using for this lease? It would be much easier to evaluate this deal with that information. At first glance though it looks like there's still some room to negotiate here.

Car_man
    Host
    Aloha beezer26. Hawaii is typically a difficult place to get a great deal on a new vehicle. I don't have any specific ILX sales examples to refer to from there, but chances are if you live in paradise you aren't going to get a deal that's nearly as attractive as what would be available on the same car in the Continental United States. Let's take a look at the offer that you were quoted...

The good news is that the dealer is using the correct money factor to calculate your payment. Let's take a look at the selling price. This car's dealer invoice price is $28,402. If we subtract the $1,400 dealer cash (which I assume is available in Hawaii as well) that is available on this trim level from that it drops to around $27,000. So you're at around $2,000 or so over invoice.

Given your location, I personally don't think that $2,000 over is that bad, but there's definitely room there if you can somehow work some negotiation magic.

Car_man
    Host
  • beezer26beezer26 Posts: 3
    Thanks, Car_man.

They first offered $29,650, then asked me for input. I said I was just throwing out a number ($28,700), after which they came back with $29,200. The fact that they split the difference leads me to believe there's some room to negotiate.

One more thing: since the new 2014 models are due to hit the dealerships in a few months, this car is pretty close to being last year's model. Should I expect to get a better deal than, say, last summer when the car first came out? Conversely, if I wait until the 2014s come in, should I expect to get not as good an offer as I did for the 2013 (of course, not counting the expected higher cost of the 2014)? If so, what do you think the difference would be?

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.