Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Civics to be sold out before 2013 arrives?

2»

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,865
    It's almost like some people are terribly put out because they have to turn off their own headlights!

I mean BIG DEAL! When I do forget, that irrating chime quickly serves as a reminder!
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,769
    Yeah, the chime is fine, but I kinda like the auto-off feature. Gotta have one of those at least.
  • joeep23joeep23 Posts: 4
    According to the Hyundai website the automatic headlights are not available on the GLS and optional on the Limited. They do have daytime running lights. Sure, turning of the headlights is not a big deal. But both of my other cars have the automatic headlights and with kids it's possible to get distracted and not pay attention to the chime. In any case the auto headlights was just a part of the decision. At this point my thoughts are toward the 2013 and how do I get information about it.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,769
    Are you looking for "auto-off" headlights (I thought you were), or automatic headlights, i.e., auto off and on? I think the Elantra has auto-off headlights, i.e. they go off when you stop the engine and take the keys out of the ignition. Automatic headlights are something else altogether.
  • tomcatt630tomcatt630 Posts: 124
    edited August 2012
    All the hand wringing is moot, Civic is #1 compact for the past few months. I got a good deal on one with minor hail damage for $4000 off sticker. Got the HF model and gets 40 on highway without electric motor to charge, nor a risky turbo, or complex, shuddering, wacky 'dry clutch' trans.

Sure, I'd love to have had XM, but I got a poratable one to plug into AUX port for $79.

For years I drove Ford compacts and faced critics, and no problem facing picky, snarky, uppity, critics now.

Oh and BTW, the Canadian plant can't build them fast enough, per a factory worker online.
  • Even though the 2013 came out later than the dealer told me, there were more than a few 2012s left when they did come out. Just as I hoped I was able to get a good deal on a 2012. I test drove both cars over the same roads and decided a liked the softer ride in the 2012 and the cosmetic upgrades on the 2013 just didn't make that much difference to me. Sure I would have liked the backup camera. But I can add that and even have it display on the IMID. I just drove the car home today and I am so thrilled. It's my first new car in 26 years.
  • They still had a dozen 2012s when I went to the dealer few days ago. After test driving the 2012, I was satisfied with how it drove even though 2013 looked much much better. But they wouldn't come down more than $3k so just went with 2013 since it was nearly $3k off also. It was a no brainer. Glad I bought the 2013!
2»