Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Am I missing something here?

According to Edmunds the invoice price is 23,492 + 865 for PEP + 845 for Destination + 380 for the options selected = 25,588 TOTAL. (MSRP 26,695)

You worked a good deal though, whatever the config. Thanks! and enjoy the car..
  • Great tips, but I'd like to comment on your tip #1 - buying at the end of the month. Problem is, we looked around and supply was very low at the two dealerships we visited. It's either buy what they have (and supposedly get a better deal with their "hands-on" supply), make a dealer trade, or custom order one from the factory potentially waiting for months. When there's so much demand for a vehicle, end of the month doesn't mean too much.
  • I recently moved to NJ from NY and I'm about to buy a 2013 Sante Fe Sport from a NY Dealer

Model:
    2013 Sante Fe Sport 2.0T AWD
    Leather and Technology package (I need a sun/moon roof)
    White color with black interior (dealer searching for inventory)
    MSRP: $35,995
    Got them down to $33,681
    Total cost with 7% NJ sales tax: $36,526.17

I have no trade in.
    I drive 70 miles per day round trip for work, so leasing would only be an option if I were to buy over

Financing: Hyundai 4.9% APR for either 60months or 72 months
    AAA via US Alliance Credit Union is 2.75% APR for 60 months =

36,526.71 - 10,000 (down payment) = $473.71/month x 60 month with AAA

Leasing would be $3000 down payment giving $395/month x 36 months. Residual would be $21,166.25 at the end of the lease for buy over.

Any thoughts?
  • Hi,

I want to buy the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

AWD
    Leather package
    Turbo charged

I want the Marline Blue

MSRP $33,000

What should I pay OTD? Please assist thanks.

I live in NJ so zip codes would be 07470, 08873, 07054
  • We just bought a Serrani Red Santa Fe Sport FWD
    2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
  • They need to come down off the price. We tried to find one with the panoramic sunroof but could not find one in the two colors we liked so we got a Serrano Red Sport FWD 2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
  • Any dealer can get any car that you want. It may cost them a couple hundred extra bucks to move it to their lot but still. We just bought a Serrani Red Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
  • We just bought a Serrani Red Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
  • agrewalagrewal Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I purchased a Hyundai Sante Fe AWD with Popular Equipment package and a couple of accessories for $27,466 (MSP $28,325). This was purchased through Costco -- my dealer sold at invoice price for Costco referrals.

From my research, I probably could have found an identical vehicle for $26,900 or so at an out of area dealer, but I went with the no hassle Costco price, because the salesman was quite helpful (took me on multiple test drives, on different days, in different cars).

The OTD price, including taxes ($1373), title/lien ($35), license ($302), and doc fee ($149), was $29,325.

I financed through Pentagon Financial Credit Union, with $0 down and 1.49% APR. The finance options offered by the dealership were not attractive.
  • 2/20/13 purchased a 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T with Popular convenience, Leather and Technology packages (included carpeted floor mats, cargo mat, cargo cover and mud guards) for $28,200 + tax, tag and title = OTD $29,704. Invoice including advertising fee and destination charge was $30,959.

Quoted a lease for 36 months with 12,000 mi at $350/m with .00095 money factor. This was well below initial quote that was in the low $400's.

Had excellent experience in CLT, NC and after 3 days, love the vehicle and love Bluelink features. The APP that allows remote start and door locks, speed alerts etc is really handy.
  • That is the deal I am looking for! You did really well.

For the lease, how much did you put down and what else would have been extra?

Congrats!
  • Nothing down on the lease. Residual $18,763.

$350 included 3% NC TAX.
    .00095 money factor
    12,000 mi
    36 months
    $32,355 msrp

I decided to buy instead, but lease was compelling.
  • vilishnjvilishnj Posts: 1
    Excellent deal.... Is this AWD or fwd
    I am looking to buy this car this month.
    Thanks
  • georgem7georgem7 Posts: 1
    I took delivery yesterday of a 2013 Santa Fe Sport FWD with the 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T, Moonstone silver, popular equipment package for total out the door (with MI 6% sales tax), plate transfer, no trade-in and all dealer fees for $24,192.
  • tablefattablefat Posts: 7
    Dealer has listed NEW 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD 4dr 2.0T Sport for $36,160.
    w/military discount and other incentives they want $32,445.

Whattya think they will really do?
  • ramkiramki Posts: 1
    does it have navigation and sunroof? if so you have got very good deal.
  • tablefattablefat Posts: 7
    Yes, it does... Or it did... I said I'd sleep on it and didn't get back to him. I checked the website and it appears to be gone.

One of those "snooze you loose" deals I think...
  • Help Wanted: What should I pay for a 2013 Santa Fe AWD Limited 6 Passenger

MSRP: 38595.00
    Dealer Added information: 3995.00
    Protection & Appearance pkg( includes 10/100K)Bumper to Bumper, Pingstring, wheel Molding and Door Guard
    Total: 42590.00

Question:
    1. Do I have to to buy this Protection and Appearance Pkg ? I thought Hyundai had 10/100000 warranty by default ?
    2. What should I be paying for this car ?

Zipcode: 08520, 08824

Any help is greatly appreciated

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,751
    Invoice price with dest charge is 33,635. you should start your negotiations at 1000 below dealers invoice. that would take all the the dealers hold back on this model. 3% of total msrp. work up from this number to make your best price below dealers invoice. You will get dealers lowest numbers the last 2 days/last day of any month.. Dont forget if a dealer has high doc fee's take that into consideration when you make each dealership your offer price to buy.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• ken117ken117 Posts: 194
    Essentially $4K for protection against possible repairs. Appearance protection, pinstripping, moulding and door guards are overpriced items simply designed to raise dealer profit. So the $4K is essentially for the extended service contract.

The question must be why buy a vehicle for which you expect to incur at least $4K in repairs not including normal wear items? Better to reserch reliability and buy something that is reliable and pocket the $4K.

Ask the dealer how much profit he expects to see from the $4K. Even though he will not tell you, my bet is at least $2K. Do you really want to give him $2,000 or more?
  • Did you buy this car or are you selling this car? This is exactly the car my mother in law is looking for and I would love to get it for her out the door for this price. Thanks.

Nick

P.S. I'm afraid she is going to buy tomorrow...quick response is appreciative.
  • I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited FWD Fully Loaded on 4/5/13 for 36,450 OTD.

I didnt get the AWD package because dont really need it here, but it should be $1750 more. I shopped around quite a bit and this was the best price I could haggle. Most dealerships would not even haggle because there are a lot of people looking at them, and they just started coming into the dealerships here in Raleigh NC. They just started receiving them 2 weeks ago, and most dealerships only got 2 or 3.

The warranty is 10year/100000 for the powertrain only. there is 5yr/60000 bumper to bumper...but only 3yr/36000 for many of the electrical components like nav, stereo, camera..etc.. Many dealerships offer lifetime bumper to bumper as extended warranty for additional cost.

If you are planning to pay in full, haggle with financing first. Dealerships get a kickback from financial institutions, so they are more willing to deal on financed vehicles.

I think you would have more trouble trying to find the one you want. especially if you want a particular color. None of the dealerships in a 50 mi radius of raleigh NC had any limited AWDs....they could order and find one but said it would take few weeks. Also they werent willing to negotiate on a vehicle that they had to bring it.

After having the car for 2 days. I love it. I have previously owned a Cadillac and a Lexus, but this new Santa Fe is above and beyond what I expected. The Panoramic Sunroof is awesome. The 2nd row captain's seats are heated as well. There are just so many amenities that i just did not expect on a Hyundai.

GL on your search
  • Hi Georgem,
    Would you be able to give the dealership name. I am intereseted in the same vehicle purchase.

Thank you for your help.
    Desi.
  • stampedestampede Posts: 3
    Can you help me out what I should be offering to the dealer for this
    so I can get the best lease deal possible with no or little money down.

MSRP: $38,880
    Invoice TMV on Edmunds: $36,250
    Zip: 14052
    Tax: 8.75%
    Trade-in: $1500

The dealer was taking $2,278 off msrp to make the 36,500 number, is that right?
    Shouldn't the incentives and rebates come off the agreed upon price?
    I typically feel confident when I lease but i'm a bit rusty... thanks in advance for any help.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,751
    You are right. After you agree on the vehicle sale price all rebates and incentives are taking off that agreed number. Dont let the dealer pull a fast one on you.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Yes thank you, I knew I wasn't crazy.

I'm getting from another dealer what I think is a good deal, but would like some opinions on it from others.

Santa Fe Limited, fully loaded
    MSRP: $38,880
    Agreed price: $35,900
    $1500 trade in, $0 out of pocket.
    Taxes and fees rolled into the monthly.
    $465 @ 36mo.
    23,814 Residual

If I drop a 1k down myself then it goes to $429 @ 36

Good? Bad? jump on it?
  • bmohandasbmohandas Posts: 7
    I bought a 2013 Santa fe sport with Tech, leather and pop for 32958 OTD, did i do good?
  • bmohandasbmohandas Posts: 7
    Here are the details

MSRP: 34,000

Package: Pop, Leather and Tech

Model: Santa Fe 2.4L AWD

OTD: 32,708 (Hyundai Circle + Loyalty + MOtozuma)
    Picked up the Limited in iron frost, with tech package for $35,800 out the door 36mo lease.
    Shults Hyundai in Jamestown NY were awesome! I did the whole thing via CarWoo over the internet,
    easiest and best experience I've ever had.

loving the Limited with the panaromic sunroof, amazing!
  • roqroq Posts: 2
    Seriously considering a 2013 Santa Fe Sport, AWD, 2.0T with Leather/Premium and Tech packages. I live in California.

MSRP according to Hyundaiusa.com is $35905 without any other accessories. What should I expect for an agreed upon price and/or out the door price?

Thanks in advance!