Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Ford Escape

1192021222325»

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,836

When was the last time you read about an issue with the 1.6 that hasn't been addressed many months ago?

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285

Have 5 2012 Escapes in my fleet, and one 2013 SEL now. My drivers love the performance and everything else about the car. Only issues have been oil leaks - the left front CVJ boot tore, allowing oil to leak out to the wheel. Ford replaced it free, of course. While there, the dealer noticed some seepage around the something or other cover, and fixed that too. I've been buying Escapes for my fleet since 2006, and have been extremely satisfied. Never had a bad one. 15 Escapes later, still think they are the best Courier vehicle around. Depreciation is minimal, performance is awesome, and the drivers love how they fit. Even had one Hybrid. Actually got better mileage than a Camry Hybrid I had.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,694

Refused to buy a 1.6 one back in December and am still very happy I decided to run the other way. My Tuscon has been a great vehicle and we are very happy with it and it's great warranty. So far, nothing to go back to dealer for except it's first gratis oil change.
    Like the looks of the Escape but after what i read about that engine, no way would I ever think to purchase one!

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Sorry but I started a new thread for the 2014 escape drivers mirror whistle and should've posted here and not a new thread titled drivers side mirror whistle.

Found that someone beat us to the punch on the dead pedal issue.

We cut a piece of stair tread ribbed rubber and attached Velcro hook tape pieces to its back and put it over the dead pedal area while still using the factory carpet mat.

I did buy custom molded mats for our JKUR that someone else is hopefully enjoying now that that vehicle is a did own vehicle.