Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac ATS Lease Questions

Comments

• kd1007kd1007 Posts: 23
    #19 of 19 ATS PROBLEMS I KNEW IT READ THIS ! by kd1007

Feb 08, 2013 (9:20 am)

Cadillac to update CUE infotainment system for improved responsiveness
    2/6/2013 4:48AM by Alexis Santos

(Click for Image)

If unresponsiveness in Cadillac's CUE infotainment system has been a personal point of frustration, relief is on the way: an update to smooth things over is being worked on. CUE Design Manager Jeff Massimilla told Wired Magazine that the firm's received feedback regarding responsiveness, and they're working on "a modification that will be released sometime later this year." DONT BUY OR LEASE TILL ITS FIXED !

With the upgrade, the infotainment system will be more responsive and the touchscreen and capacitive buttons will provide haptic feedback more quickly. The Cadillac XTS and ATS are set to score the update, but there's still no exact date penciled in for the patch's arrival.
    DONT BUY OR LEASE TILL ITS FIXED !

Though vehicles could suck down the update with a built-in data connection, the software will need to be installed by a Cadillac dealership instead. Not a fan of having lost knobs and dials to a touchscreen in the first place?
    According to Cadillac VP of Marketing Don Butler, we'll see the likes of such analog controls complement the screen interface in the future. WHICH MEANS SOOOO MANY CUSTOMERS ARE COMPLAINING THEY ARE GOING TO PUT KNOBS FOR HEATING/AC AND RADIO BACK IN THE CAR IF THEY DONT NO BUYERS AND LOTS OF UNHAPPY NEW CUSTOMERS LIKE ME

CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO FIX POOR RADIO RECEPTION BAD ANTENNA SYSTEM

AND COME CLEAN ON THE TERRIBLE MPG PROBLEM ON TURBO ATS
    K.D.
  • Right now I have a dealer offering me the following:

2.0T Performance RWD Manual
    18" Wheels
    Cold Weather Package
    Navigation
    Spoiler

First payment and DMV fee due at signing - 537 a month. The MSRP on the car is 44,185. Tax here in NY is 8%. Does this seem like a good deal? I am trying to get him to provide the residual and money factor, but he appears rather reluctant, which makes me think something odd is going on. Thanks for any advice in advance.
  • Details missing are, yearly mileage allowance, term of lease.
  • It is important to know the MF and residual to determine how good of a deal it is. What is the actual selling price and the net cap cost with the fees added in?
  • Sorry bout that, 39 months, 15k miles a year. I can't do 10k miles. I'm waiting to hear back about additional details. This is all being done through e-mail.
  • Is it true the 2.0T is currently leasing better than the 2.5L? How?

I wasn't considering the 2.0T but if the numbers are that close I will go with the turbo.
  • Here are more details:

Money Factor – .00050
    Residual – 55% or 24,334
    Net Cap Cost W/ Fees – 43953
    Actual Sale Price – 41,596
  • Seems like a good deal. You are getting the car for $114 under invoice and the money factor is really low. My lease calculator shows approx $585/month with those numbers, so $537/month is good.

I'm assuming you have driven the car? All the reviews I have read were very negative towards the manual transmission in this car.
  • Thanks for the reply. I have not driven the manual yet, but I'm hoping when I go check it out, that the revisions made at the factory negate any bad press it had received in the test cars. Many people on the cadillac forums seem happy with the manual.
  • Actually, I was looking at the numbers. I might just wind up getting a base 2.0T Premium for about the same price. I will also get the Magnetic Ride Control, Heads Up Display, and the NAV/18" wheels will be standard. It will probably necessitate me ordering it, but not a big deal.
  • you sound very knowledgable. what is the "standard" money factor offered on a 3 year lease? how much wiggle room is there? what does a change of X in the money factor translate to in the monthly payment? thank you.
  • Money factor normally changes at the beginning of each month, as do residual values. You would have to ask Car_Man for the specific MF for Feb based on the specific model of ATS you are interested in (it sometimes varies between models). There is no wiggle room in MF or residual, those are both values set by the financial institution servicing the lease, which in Cadillac's case, is normally Ally or US Bank. What you have to be careful of is dealerships inflating the MF above what it is supposed to be in order to generate more profit for themselves. Bottomline: know what the current MF is before you negotiate so you know if the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you.

In the last few posts someone posted a money factor of 0.0005 on their ATS (which equates to 1.2% APR and is normally how Ally and US Bank report their MF's; most car companies use the decimal format). If the money factor were to increase to 0.0006, the monthly payment on a $45,000 car might increase by $10. Hard to say exactly without using very specific numbers.
  • Thank you for the swift response, romil01.

I'm looking at the 2.5L Standard $33,990, or the 2.0T Standard $34,900. Only option in either is heated seats, maybe, which will add $450 to those MSRPs. 36month/10k year

Is there a way to private message Car_Man or just hope he sees this post?
  • Here's the flier from a nearby dealer, who also happens to be top volume in nation: https://pictures.dealer.com/cadillacofnovi/bc6740970a0d02b70113e371eec1ad2f.pdf

$287/month ($304 w/ tax), $900-ish due at signing. No conquest or loyalty.
  • Go back a few posts and you will see some examples of how people ask for numbers from Car_Man. Key info to post is the specific model, the lease term length, the annual mileage you want, and the state you live in.
  • darkomdarkom Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    2013 ATS, 2.5L Standard
    MSRP: $33,990
    Term/miles: 36 months/10k yr
    Residual: .65
    Money factor: 2.80

Monthly payment (pre-tax):$287
    Due at signing: $686

>>>>>>>>>> Is that money factor fairly high?
  • darkomdarkom Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    Car_Man would you mind shedding your expertise on this 2.0T and the previous 2.5L lease posted? Thank you.

2013 ATS, 2.0T Standard
    MSRP: $35,795
    Term/miles: 36 months/10k yr
    Residual: .65
    Money factor is .00070

Payment WITH tax: $340
    Due at signing: $576

• Hi Car Man,

Can you please tell me the current lease rates in California for the 2.0 ATS Luxury and Performance models? The lease would be for 36 months and 15,000 miles per year.

Thank you!
    Ian
  • Car man

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2.0t premium for 39 month 15k mile a year lease and 48 15k. Thanks much. Also current incentives applicable.
  • cvalcval Posts: 2
    This particular car silver exterior with black interior. It has no sunroof, no navigation, but it does have heated front seats, and the CUE system .This car has an M.S.R.P. of $37,595.

Bank - USB
    Sales Price- 35,700
    Rebate -2300
    reg 260.69
    tax- 2087
    Acquisition fee -595
    miles $10,000
    term 36 months
    rate 2.4%
    base residual 62%
    Adjusted Residual 65%
    adj residual amt- 34,436.75