Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac ATS Lease Questions

Comments

• ewellsieewellsie Posts: 15
    I've tried calling the Marketing number twice, and spent 5-10 minutes on the phone each time and did not receive any private offers, so I'm guessing that is no longer available.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi ewellsie. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 61%.

I believe that the numbers for the Performance trim level of the ATS are the same.

General Motors is currently providing an $800 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • You could be right. I just stressed that I was looking at an ATS and mentioned that I had private offers from competitors (which is true)
    Was there a time limit on the certificate?

I'm going to be ordering a 2014 model, so I may not even qualify for that if it's only good for 30 days so he may have skipped over it.
  • cwyattcwyatt Posts: 4
    Picked up my 2.0T Performance RWD last week. Loving it so far...

Breakdown
    $45,240 MSRP (Sunroof, Cold Weather, and 18" Machine Finish)

$41,076.95 Cap Cost after $800 lease incentive and $1000 private offer

$26,691.60 Residual

36months/15,000 per year

$468.04 Payment with tax after fees.

It was a back and forth ordeal trying to buy on a Saturday and ended up having to wait until Tuesday of the next week. I'm entirely satisfied with the deal. The payment is a little less than $100 over the payment on my non-leased 2012 Mazda3s Grand Touring that I got rid of after it was extensively damaged (but not totaled) in an accident.
  • bestornothingbestornothing Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Hello CarMan,

I'm a young guy (going on 24) and I've been a Realtor since I was 18. Right now I'm in a lease on a 2011 Jetta 2.5 SE w/convenience (white gold/black) and pay $267.43 a month. My lease is up in 8 months (15,000 a year), but I'm at 37,000 miles now. My car has about $500 in damage (someone keyed the side) and the rims are a bit scuffed. Also afraid my A/C compressor is going ...

I need a more "important" looking car for work. Funny thing I make more money than most of the people I work with, yet clients have often given me a negative reaction from the car I drive so I want to upgrade. Honestly, I want to get into a new CLA but don't think it will be out in time for me to get out of my lease.

Here's what VW is proposing:

2013 VW CC Sport w/Lighting Package
    MSRP: $32,890
    Sales Price: $27966
    Rate: .00073
    Residual: .46
    15,000 a year
    $2,000 Down
    39 Month Lease
    Trade: $14,500.00
    Payoff: $13,654.90*
    Payment: $341.01 (when I used my calculator I came up with $360 a month)

*When I do an online payoff VW Credit says I'd owe $15,500? Is VW waiving fees because I'm bringing it back in to them??

Cadillac:

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.5L (base)
    MSRP: $34,040.00
    Sales Price: $30,631.96 (I guess this is MSRP minus $1608.04 dealer discount?? minus an additional $1,800 in incentives. People told me there is an additional GM marketing $1000 ... how do I get that? Do you think I could get more off the car or maybe a better model?)
    Residual: .60
    Rate: .00052083 (1.25%)
    $1200 Down
    36 Months
    15,000 a year
    Trade: $14,500 (sight unseen they said they would match VW)
    Payoff: $13,654.90**
    Payment: $330 a month

** Is it likely that since I'm going to VW to Cadillac that it's possible my payoff would be closer to the $15,000 that I got from online?

So CC would be premium gas, more down, but less insurance. ATS is not premium in gas, less down and MORE for insurance (not by much). CarMan ... which seems like the better deal? Could I get more off the Cadillac or at least a 2.5 with better rims or something ... (it seems VW gave me a pretty big discount)? I do think the CC looks a lot more expensive than the Cadillac, but ultimately the Cadillac might be less expensive ASSUMING my payoff won't increase since I'm leaving the brand.

Sorry for the long post ... I'm trying to be as smart as possible about this lease but don't have anyone to give me advice. Ideally I don't want to pay over $350 a month. Any other brands that could be suggested would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
  • jpezejpeze Posts: 3
    Hey Car-man,

Long time reader first time poster. I have four months left on my current lease. I am looking at

2013 ATS 2.5L performance package, cue system, rear camera...etc
    MSRP: $38,485.00
    Sales Price $32,991.00
    The dealer said they can pay my current lease off. 4 payments left at around $1046. They want $1000 down, 36 months at $370-$380....10k miles per year. I countered and told him I don't pay a down payment. I want 0 down, and the figures are 36 months at $405-$415.

Is this a good deal? They let me take it home until Tuesday. Please help me.

Thanks for your time
    Hi bestornothing. I completely understand where you're coming from. The vehicle that they drive seems to be very important to real estate agents and their clients. I think that purchasing a larger or a more prestigious vehicle would benefit your career. That sort of thing sounds strange, but in real estate it's probably true.

I have mixed feelings about leasing a vehicle for a real estate agent. On one hand, it's a business expense so leasing makes sense. On the other hand, you are likely going to rack up a ton of miles driving clients around and in turn go way over your mileage allowance and owe a huge excess mileage penalty...which you're seeing already.

The money factor that you were quoted on the CC lease is high. Is your credit in good shape? VW Credit's top tier lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a '13 CC Sport is only .00033.

Having said that, you are being given an amazing selling price on the new CC that you are considering and a great deal on getting out of your over-mileage Jetta early.

It is possible that it would cost you more to get out of your Jetta if you go through a dealer other than Volkswagen.

It seems like you're really on top of things here. Kudos. The CC looks like a very good deal if you get the money factor issue straightened out. If you can find an ATS that has been in dealer inventory since December 1st or earlier, there's another $1,000 cash incentive on leases. Other than that, it's really a toss up as far as which deal to go with.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jpeze. I think that I missed your window. Did you end up getting the ATS? Do you still need help? Let me know.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

thanks I'm still undecided. I have the option there but I haven't pulled the trigger. Ball is in my court. I'm just kind of confused with the price they have on the website and then the lease numbers they inflate up for my payoff of 1300 added to the deal. From the numbers I'm working with the MSRP is 40,935 and 36-month 10k for $420, 12k $433. The car is loaded with the extra 1000 off. Is that a good deal? Was a trying to be $400-$410.
    Hey jpeze. Before you mentioned that this car's MSRP is $38,485 and that its selling price is $32,991. Has that changed? Where did the $40,935 figure come from? If that's the new MSRP, what is the new selling price?

Car_man
    Host
    That was the first model, I drove the 2.5 and opted for the turbo instead. Msrp is $42,935. They have a true price online for 35,093. He worked the numbers and added my $1300 payoff plus no money down and gets a $40,594 as price. The numbers show a $1800 rebate, im assuming the extra $1000 and $800 incentive through ally.

http://www.nashvillecadillac.com/new/CADILLAC/2013-CADILLAC-ATS-Nashville-99d51e- 040a0a00e0011e826f4a0d452d.htm
  • taisoultaisoul Posts: 1
    My first post so take it easy on me. lol. Just want to know if I'm getting a good deal here.

Black raven ATS RWD 2.0 Turbo Luxury pkg. 18" wheels, Cue w NAV, cold weather pkg. Bose system.

Trading in my 2008 CTS4 w 43k miles on it (Its not running to well these days but still looks sharp). I owe $13,500 on it.

NEGOTIATED TERMS:
    36 month lease
    12,000 mile per year
    Inception rolled in
    $380 monthly payments. Zero out of pocket (Using equity of trade in)

This is after $800 incentive and $1000 off due to another lease I have (Subaru - never heard of this but ok).

Is this good?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,562
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a car from a manufacturer that is widely considered "American"--e.g. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler, Cadillac-- who has not previously owned an "American" car. If this is you, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 1, 2013 no later than noon Pacific.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

CarMan,

Do you know what new incentives Cadillac is offering for July?

Also, have any of the MF/Residual values changed for the 2.0T Premium for 2013 or 2014 as of July?
  • kainnyckainnyc Posts: 76
    Any new MF, incentives, rebates, car man? I see some ppl took of 4k dollars of cars with only 800-1800 in incentives in may, he did they do that? Thank you
  • cpprhead59cpprhead59 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I know the 2014 ATS is out and has been arriving in dealer showrooms and that there is not much of a change from the 2013 model. I am currently in a lease until September 2013 and was wondering what types of possible incentives might be normally available for leasing a 2013 ATS.

Of course no one can see the future but any ideas of past experiences would be great.

I received a nice quote on a 2013 Performance that had all I wanted in it but if I can hold off and save a few bucks that would be great.

Thanks.
    Caddy ATS 2.0 AWD nav, cold, sun, luxury trim 45, 233$, 59% for 36mo. @15k miles! do invoice minus 1k conquest, 1k some rebate, and your 4500$ below msrp! Do yr math and your at 481$ zero across the board! Money factor is 0.0004116 through ally with only 595 bank fee! Total fees are 965$ good luck
    I was told its not going to change but 4-6 weeks b4 the new car arrives dealers don't buy 2013 so you will be limited I'm looking now and having trouble in the tristate area nyc good luck
  • mbsunsmbsuns Posts: 1
    What is the difference between the 24 month and 36 month lease deals at 10,000 and 12,000 miles?
    Is MSRP less $2000 for the luxury models available in addition to loyalty incentives?
    What should I expect from west coast dealers , if anything, below the manufacturer incentive discounts?
    I call bs on this bc the base is more than 265$! 3729$*.63= 23492! 3729-23492= 9798$/36 = base of 272$ add MF and taxes yr in the 3's easy!
    Msrp -2600$ equals invoice roughly then minus 1900$ for incentives, and negotiate further! I'm looking at a 48k$ performance trim and got them at 470$ a month 470$ due at inception for 36 mo, and 15k miles
  • ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    edited July 2013
    You can think whatever u want, but I assure u this is not BS. That is the total monthly payment as stated in my post.
    If you had any clue you would know sometimes it doesn't always add up exactly as the numbers present themselves. They did up my GM earnings to 3k, gave me the 1k loyalty cash, and also found me another 1k from somewhere, possibly because I lease another Caddy (11' SRX), so I wasn't going to dispute the final cost. Definitely the best deal i've ever had on a
    lease. Great dealer.
    That is what I pay every month, nothing else. :)
    Hi ewellsie. In July, Cadillac is offering 0% financing for up to 5 years or 1.9% for 6 years or $2,000 cash or a special lease program on the 2013 ATS.

Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%.

General Motors is currently providing a $900 cash incentive on leases of the '13 ATS.

The numbers for a lease of a 2014 model are 2.35% and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kainnyc. Please see my previous post for an idea of what the offers are like on this car in July. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mbsuns. The $2,000 cash incentive that you've seen mentioned for the 2013 ATS is not available on leases. There is a $900 cash incentive that is compatible with the special lease program. If you're in California there's another grand on top of that. If you are currently leasing a General Motors product add another grand.

The payments for a 24-month lease of this car will likely be more expensive than a 36-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2013
    The money factor went up on the 2014s? That is really disappointing, coupled with the fact that there no lease incentives on the 2014s, might just have to get my deposit back and move on from the ATS.

Is that 2.35% and 61% for 15,000 miles?

I assume the 12K miles would be the same interest rate, but 63% residual?
  • copperelmcopperelm Posts: 2
    It looks like the ATS could be a big cost saver. They had a current lease offer for 299 with 0 down on the 2.0T standard. However, It was a conquest deal and I do not have a lease. I only have a paid for jeep cherokee.

Anyway, looking for some help on the negotiation because the 2.0T with Cue system and sunroof were quoted tax in (6% in FL) on the low 400s or high 300s with 1700 down. I am very familiar with the standard MF and residual used to calculate. However, I was looking for some advice on using truecar pricing in the negotiation as well as finding current incentives that would apply to me. If I can get the payments at a significant savings over the BMW and Audi I am ready to move on it. Located here in southern florida 33435.

What is the best deals you have heard of without lease conquest on the 2.0T standard with CUE audio and Sunroof or the 2.0T luxury? I'm looking for the lowest total out of pocket not lowest monthly. Also what is the July residual and money factor. I'm going for a 36 month 12k miles lease. Also the local deal said they don't have disposition and dealer fees. Not sure I believe it. Are there any miscellaneous fees I should know worry about?

Sorry if this is the worst way to ask the question I'm kinda new to this. I normally don't negotiate much and buy.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best
    Eric
  • kd1007kd1007 Posts: 23
    MSRP $39,000 ZERO DOWN.... IST MONTH FREE ....FREE IPAD ....
    $317 MO. 36 MO. 10,000 MI.

NO CUE I DIDNT WANT IT AND IM VERY GLAD I DIDNT GET IT HEAR ABOUT MANY PROBLEMS AND ITS A MESS WITH FINGER PRINTS

HOPE THIS HELPS !
  • copperelmcopperelm Posts: 2
    kd1007 Thank you for the reply

Wast this with a conquest deal of a current lease? 39.000 MSRP. What model? Do you know the money factor?
This discussion has been closed.