Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV Aftermarket & Accessories

Comments

• javadocjavadoc Posts: 1,167
    Cinka1:

Are you still in the running for that bumper step plate on ebay?

--javadoc
  • rjr425rjr425 Posts: 53
    Does anyone know of any kind of pad that fits over the top of the dashboard? The glare coming off the dashboard, both into the cabin and back into the winshield, is something fierce. Really cuts visibility on a sunny day.

Thanks--

RJ
  • alexv1nalexv1n Posts: 248
    RJ, what color is your interior? Is it gray or biege? I have gray and never noticed considerable glare... Strange... Just curious.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    I have had both color interiors an never had a problem with glare and this is in fact "sunny southern California".

Did you oil your dash with "Soul-Glo" or something? I have noticed that the new-car plastics tend to make the windsheild hazy, but thats just a matter of Windex.

:)
    I've not noticed a glare in the tan interior of MochaVan, but then, it's dark half the year here (not exactly).

I think that weathertech might market a pad, you could try them?

--j
    I've got the Sand Mica with the beige interior, and the glare bothers me more than any other car I've ever owned. I'm getting so I'd almost rather have Seasonal Affective Disorder from overcast days than a spring sun.
    I don't know what the problem is that I seem to be having with it when none of you seem to be bothered. And no, aside from a weekly wipedown with extra virgin olive oil, I don't do a thing to it. ;)

Thank's for the tip about weathertech. I'll give them a try.

RJ
    It seems that weathertech does not list a dash pad. You could try http://www.jcwhitney.com and they're pads are around $50.

--javadoc

Many thanks for the Whitney Link. I found exactly what I was looking for--$45 with shipping. They also, FWIW, have the Clutter Catcher, though it's 2x what Walmart would charge if they had any (both my only closeby store and their website are Out Of Stock)

:>)

RJ
    Well, for the clutter catcher, you can look at http://www.saddlebags.com that's who makes (more accurately, distributes) them. I don't know that they have an online store, but you can ask them where you can get one...it's worth the try. Geez, JCWhitney wants 75 bones for one? Wow.

-javadoc
  • To all you guys who have a clutter catcher, I have a question. Where do you put your purse??
  • blacklxblacklx Posts: 60
    Or what about the diaper bag blondemom? While I would like the idea of more storage, I like having it open for the diaper bag and/or purse. Not to mention quick jumps to the back to pick up a dropped sippy or toy.
    carry purses dangit!

--j
  • wouldn't it be nice if we did? To cart all my junk [four pens, calculator, checkbook, spare floppies, 2 sets of keys, Kleenex( "Hey, Mr. R, you got a tissue?"), aspirin, Tictacs, throat lozenges, tobacco, pipe, and lighter] around, I'm forced to wear a big bulky jacket most of the year. I look like a corduroy dumpling.

RJ (aka rjr425)
    All I need is my cell, my Handspring and a mini-box of Altoids. Come to think of it I DO wear a heavy coat most of the year, so I wouldn't need a purse after all! :-)

--java
  • You know, I've always thought guys should have a purse or something, because Saltandpepperdad always has a few things that he believes will easily slip into mine. As if I have room! I get his cell phone and keys, but for some reason, never his money or credit cards.

:(
  • blacklxblacklx Posts: 60
    I agree blondemom
    My wife's purse is always too full to bring with her, so I end up carrying her keys and phone in my "cargo" shorts(nearly year round, BTW).

I worry that if I put a Clutter Catcher in our MPV, it will end up like her purse. (nice work in of the MPV, eh Steve/Drew?)

:P
  • So what's the big deal with cargo shorts year around? I wear shorts year around too, here in Pittsburgh.
    Under my mukluks.

Got all the way up to 49 today. Heat wave. :)

RJ

PS. I'm looking across the Monongahela River at Downtown as I write this. It's pretty. And I can see it, Maltb.
    your road crews take car of that.

:)
    Heheheh, I'm breaking a sweat in the mid 50s, and the sun doesn't set until after 10pm now, so :-P

If I were telecomuting today, I'd be on the deck getting a tan, but I'm slaving. Or, I'd be using the MPV's tailgater feature, yeah, that's it! That's some content!

Just don't throw an air-clod at me maltb...

--java
  • That's what makes driving around here soooooooooo much fun in the winter.

RJ
  • I think what you meant to say to maltb is:

:'Pptthhhhhh**********
    Very well put. Thank you kindly for the assist blonde.

--javadoc
  • msgjvhmsgjvh Posts: 196
    Is there something wrong with our lives that we live off this bulletin board?? As much as we are on here don't you think the should have an IRC channel for us. Or maybe even a java (heheheh) chat room??
  • Nope, nothing wrong here, although my husband would probably disagree. I think we've all found a friendly place, filled with really nice people, and are having a pretty good time.

However, we can all wonder why we're all here on a Friday night!

:(
    I was up late, doing a research paper (ugh!) and spied the seller that's been trickling step plates out on ebay. When I last spoke to him, he said that once his rating climbed to "10" then he can sell using a "buy now" feature, and would sell them for $27.95. Well, they're doing just that, and I snagged one for my neighbor (points scored!), and the seller said they'd be putting more step plates on ebay shortly.

Just an FYI. Oh, cinka1, did you step plate arrive to your satisfaction from these people?

--Javadoc
    I'm closing the sale of that bumper step plate, and the seller told me that he'll sell more at $32.95 (includes shipping) to multiple customers. Email me if anyone's interested, and I'll forward you his email.

--java
  • nngimnngim Posts: 6
    Anyone have the Mazda factory bra? (about $110 from the dealer) How is it?

I am looking for a little protection for the front end on long road trips.
  • tango_28tango_28 Posts: 35
    Hey javadoc I'm interested in a step plate, can you please foward me his email address. Thanks
    Sure thing. Send me an offline email to javadoc@mail.com and I'll reply with his info. I just didn't want to broadcast his info to the masses. :-)

--javadoc