Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV Aftermarket & Accessories

Comments

• cinka1cinka1 Posts: 30
    I am a programmer, too (C and RPG and now Javadoc - I mean Java) (hehehe). See... we have much in common.
    Did I mention that we have 6 dogs now. They jump into crates in the back with the seat down. So far, I've been able to keep them from scratching, but it is only a matter of time. You can imagine how important this is to me.
    I am not above begging...
    Thank you in advance!!!
  • javadocjavadoc Posts: 1,167
    Six dogs? Holy cow, I can hardly handle my one dog... and the two crazy indians (da girlz) that think they can climb anything. Don't worry cinka, I wouldn't outbid you, that wouldn't be right, I'm just teasing ya. What's your price (besides what I saw you bid at) cap...in case you get outbid? I'd hate to see ya lose out on a great deal (hint, email me).

--javadoc
  • cutter44cutter44 Posts: 42
    It may be worth an email to the seller; (s)he may have more than one. As I said, one was already sold at (for $27+) and now this one I mentioned. It never hurts to ask.
    True, they look like either some sort of outlet, or reseller, if you look at their other auctions.

Did you say the other one went for $27?

EDIT: I emailed the seller Cinka.

--j
    A very quick response was that they have many of the bumper plates.

--javadoc
    According to this,

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query

=mpv+bumper&ebaytag1

=ebayreg&ebaytag1code=0&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

they've been selling anywhere from $20-$28. And it appears to be an actual Mazda part. I'll be curious to hear if any of you get one, how it works out.
    Well, the link I just posted was too long so you'll have to copy and paste it and join the sections together. Or just do a search on ebay for "mpv bumper" (without the quotes, of course), then use "search completed". He's sold 3 since March 22 and the last one (4/1) went for the $19.95 with just one bid.
  • dbs2001dbs2001 Posts: 46
    My wife's '01 ES came with the step plate, so I won't get in the bidding! However, I've had luck emailing the seller (in my case speaker system & some software) to ask if they will sell me one at the same price of the previous hi bid. Usually, they have said yes.
    Cinka, you're prolly watching the auction too, but the bid's to $27. None of the bidders is my neighbor, I checked. Smart money lies low till the closing bell is near, heheheh.

Since yesterday's edmunds exchanges were erased, I'll post what I've gleened from the ebay seller of the bumper step plates. According to this seller, they're actually a Mazda/Kia dealership, and they're trying to sell their accessories to the masses via ebay, only they've just gotten started (the story goes, anyway), and don't have enough positive feedback points to start selling using the "Buy Now" feature, and not enough for Dutch Auctions (I think you need 60 feedback points), or (so they say) they'd be doing more auctions.

At any rate, they claim to be able to have access to all available accessories for the MPV (and other Mazdas)...I've asked him about an RSES but haven't gotten a response yet on that.

He did say that they are willing to sell for 20% over cost, or 20% below list, which ever is lower, and that they only want to get at least $25 for the rear step plates...which says there's a helluva markup on those things, as list is like $90, I believe.

Anyhow, that's the story, although this guy could just be some parts employee stealing from a dealership...who knows, right? Just had to throw that out there, sorry, but "buyer beware" for online purchases.

I'm wanting some accessories from this guy, and am going to open more of a dialog, if anyone else is interested.

Have a great weekend!

--javadoc
    My guess is that it might be worth it for a "lighter" item. I can imagine the shipping charges for an RSES!
    Hmmm...what else would I like...?
    Cinka1:

Are you still in the running for that bumper step plate on ebay?

--javadoc
  • rjr425rjr425 Posts: 53
    Does anyone know of any kind of pad that fits over the top of the dashboard? The glare coming off the dashboard, both into the cabin and back into the winshield, is something fierce. Really cuts visibility on a sunny day.

Thanks--

RJ
  • alexv1nalexv1n Posts: 248
    RJ, what color is your interior? Is it gray or biege? I have gray and never noticed considerable glare... Strange... Just curious.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    I have had both color interiors an never had a problem with glare and this is in fact "sunny southern California".

Did you oil your dash with "Soul-Glo" or something? I have noticed that the new-car plastics tend to make the windsheild hazy, but thats just a matter of Windex.

:)
    I've not noticed a glare in the tan interior of MochaVan, but then, it's dark half the year here (not exactly).

I think that weathertech might market a pad, you could try them?

--j
    I've got the Sand Mica with the beige interior, and the glare bothers me more than any other car I've ever owned. I'm getting so I'd almost rather have Seasonal Affective Disorder from overcast days than a spring sun.
    I don't know what the problem is that I seem to be having with it when none of you seem to be bothered. And no, aside from a weekly wipedown with extra virgin olive oil, I don't do a thing to it. ;)

Thank's for the tip about weathertech. I'll give them a try.

RJ
    It seems that weathertech does not list a dash pad. You could try http://www.jcwhitney.com and they're pads are around $50.

--javadoc

Many thanks for the Whitney Link. I found exactly what I was looking for--$45 with shipping. They also, FWIW, have the Clutter Catcher, though it's 2x what Walmart would charge if they had any (both my only closeby store and their website are Out Of Stock)

:>)

RJ
    Well, for the clutter catcher, you can look at http://www.saddlebags.com that's who makes (more accurately, distributes) them. I don't know that they have an online store, but you can ask them where you can get one...it's worth the try. Geez, JCWhitney wants 75 bones for one? Wow.

-javadoc
  • To all you guys who have a clutter catcher, I have a question. Where do you put your purse??