Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV Aftermarket & Accessories

Comments

• I recently found another genuine Mazda parts dealer called MazdaPartsPeople.com that beat some of the prices at madzastuff.com. Shipping costs are resonable as well.
  • etivacetivac Posts: 1
    hi, i've been reading posted messages from mazda mpv owners; they are very informative. i've been looking for 04 MPV bug deflector but the dealership don't have them yet, and several internet sites offer only the ones for 03's.
    can someone tell me if the 03 MPV bug deflector would fit on the 04 mpv hood? or if you know of other sites which offer the ones for the 04, please let me know. thanks in advance.
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    Mazda Mania

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!

We have another set of Mazda-related trivia questions this week, so be prepared! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• suziesuzie Posts: 1
    Does anyone have experience using the DVD system with a gaming system like Game Cube, X-Box, etc.??? We are about to drive cross country with an 8 & 10 y.o. I anticipate the movies will get old after awhile. I heard you can rent a Game Cube system from Blockbuster.
    I received no manual on the DVD system when I purchased my '03 MPV last month. It was a demo with 5K miles. I'm not sure if a DVD manual was lost or if is just doesn't exist. Thanks!
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    The brochure said it plays DVD CDs, Audio CDs, and MP3 CDs. Check the system whether you can find INPUT jacks for audio and video. If yes, then you can try hookup video game machine. Can the video machine run in 12V? If not, you need a converter for DC-12 converts to AC-110.
  • quest132kquest132k Posts: 17
    Way back when in the olden days (1986), we managed to make a cross country trip with an 8-yr-old and a 10-yr-old in an 86 Aerostar where the only entertainment options for the poor kids were:
    1) look out the window
    2) read a book
    3) listen to parents sing along with the oldies

Poor deprived young'uns have since grown up to be a civil engineer and an MBA.
  • dlmc4dlmc4 Posts: 26
    I went on a long trip and borrowed a lap top CPU that worked out perfect for the young ones. They were able to play games and it even had a DVD drive. They were able to watch movies in the car and at the cottage we rented. This way the 2 could even watch different movies in the car if they so choose. (Most lap tops have headphone jacks) Just make sure you have a regular power cord and a car adapter cord and everyone will be good to go.

But to answer your question, I don't think that you can hook up a gaming system to the DVD player. The ones that I've seen dont have the input jacks needed.
  • This has probably been asked before but here goes...

I have the large (model 20) Sears rooftop cargo box. My 2001 MPV has a factory roof rack. I know the rack can handle up to 100lbs. My questions. Should I upgrade to Thule/Yakima supports for added strength vs. the factory crossbars when using this carrier? Any recommended units that work well with the factory system for attaching these cargo boxes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • tccmn1tccmn1 Posts: 278
    Hello. Been a LONG time since I've posted or visited here. I have 26K miles on my 2003 MPV and it's running great!
    I am looking for a front bra for my van that has the GFX package. I've seen them on the net...but all state NOT for those with GFX package!! Any ideas?

PS: Tranny is still shifting smoothly going on 6 months after final fix!! Mileage is not that great though...19MPG around town...thought I would get in the 20's at least..:-(
  • mom2girlsmom2girls Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how or where I can find info to program my keyless remote for a 2001 MPV LX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Post #132 had question on cargo organizer no one answered.I was interested in purchasing one. Will the fold flat seat still fold flat over the cargo organizer? Do they hold much? Are they worth $170? Anybody out there?
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    Be sure to check out our Town Hall chat lineup for Tuesdays... First up, talk the latest in new automotive technology during the Hybrid Vehicles Chat from 12-1-6pmPT/3-4pm ET
    NOTE: This is a NEW time slot for this week!

Hybrid Vehicles Chat Room

Immediately following at 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET, we keep the chat party going with the Mazda Mania chat.

Mazda Mania Chat Room

The Town Hall chats are a great place to take these message board topics LIVE. Hope to see you there this week!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

Helllloooo peoples! I'm still waiting.
    Three months have gone by...is anyone breathing out there? See post #155.Respond if you are able.
    I will return in 3 more months to check. Merry Christmas until then. ; )
  • lazyfoxlazyfox Posts: 90
    It will not fold flat over the cargo organizer. I personally would be willing to pay up to $80 for it. I use plastic container from Home Depot for like $9 and it works well, thought not as snazzy looking. ;-) If you want something which will work in similar matter and the seat will fold over it, look for those cloth collapsible organizers with cardboard inserts. You want to get the one which is flattest when collapsed.
    lazyfox is still alive and kicking! Thanks for the info.Someone in Canada offered to sell me one for $50(in great shape)...but it cost another $60 to ship it and I wasn't wanting to pay that much. So, I will continue to look & wait.
  • I saw one at autopartswarehouse.com
  • I just bought a 2004 Mazda MPV yesterday in Richardson Texas. Its the LX model so it has the cloth seats.... I have a 2 year old... and am looking for some nice seat covers. Does anyone have a suggestion about the best ones for the money??? Most are pretty expensive that I have seen. Thanks.
  • I have an '03 MPV...i am looking to find some good custom-fit sun shades that will cover the large windows. Not really concerned about the front window, but mainly the 2 large side windows. My two children usually sit in those two seats and the little retractable window shades you can buy at Babies-r-us just dont cover enough. I would love to find a product that mimics the factory installed window shades in some of the finer cars. I know Mercedes and Infiniti have them that retract into the top of the door or something like that. anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks...
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,621
    Here is kind of an embarrasing question. I just got a 2002 MPV that has the factory roof rack. I want to take the crossbars off. I tried loosening the screws that hold them down, but I couldn't work the crossbars free and I didn't want to break them. How do you remove those crossbars? Thanks.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    Instructions elsewhere on the mazda web indicate you need to remove the endcaps and slide the forward bar to the front, the rear bar to the rear for removal.

-Brian