Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Honda Accord

hp2009hp2009 Posts: 65
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1079014

The following information regarding the 2013 Accord trim levels was reportedly sent to dealers on Friday.

This is the first month to order the 13M Accord sedan.

We are pleased to introduce the all new Accord sedan. For 13M the following trims will be available with these standard features.

13M Accord L4 Sedan Features

LX includes:

• Rearview camera
• 8 in. i-MID TFT screen
• Pandora
• SMS text messaging capability
• 16 in alloy wheels
• Body color door mirrors
• Chrome door handles
• Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
• USB
• Dual Zone Auto AC
• Auto on/off headlights
• Security Alarm

NEW Sport adds:

• 18 in Alloy Wheels
• 8-way power seat
• Fog Lights
• Dual Exhaust
• Decklid Spoiler
• Paddle Shifters

EX adds or replaces on Sport:

• Honda LaneWatch (Blind Spot display)
• Side mirrors with turn signal indicators
• 17 in Alloy Wheels
• Power Moonroof

EX-L adds or replaces features on EX:

• Leather trimmed seats
• Audio with touch screen
• Multi-angle rearview camera
• Forward Collision Warning
• Lane Departure Warning
• XM Radio
• Heated front seats
• Leather steering wheel
• Navigation option

13M Accord V6 Sedan Features

EX-L adds to L4 EX-L:

• LED Daytime Running Lights
• Homelink
• Dual Exhaust

NEW Touring:

• Includes all of the aforementioned EX-L features and some additional luxury car features

Comments

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,721
    Awesome level of equipment even on the LX. Wonder what the price will be...
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,194
    A reporter is looking to talk with anyone in the market right now for a new midsize car. If you fit this description and you’d like to talk with the reporter, please reach out to PR@edmunds.com with your preferred daytime contact info by the end of the day Friday, August 17, 2012.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Production for engines and transmissions began this week and the Marysville assembly line will start building '13 Accords next week.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/08/2013_honda_accord_gets_news_- en.html#incart_river_default
  • Any ideas on pricing? Do we expect the MSRP to stay the same.
    edited August 2012
    Probably an increase of $800-1000 on the LX?? Unknown at this time.

BUT--look at the things you get on the LX standard that you used to only get on the EX and above or couldn't get before:

dual zone climate control
    bluetooth
    back-up camera
    alloy wheels
    pandora radio
    all new engine and transmission and higher mpg
    ACE II body structure=state of the art safety
    etc., etc.

It'll be worth it even with an increase. In fact, if you include all of the new stuff it'll either be like no increase or even a price cut from the old msrp.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 382
    I know I am jumping into a lion's den and admittedly I hate Honda. Mainly because overall they are very dull. I even live about 20 miles from the Marysville plant. What is so new in the exterior design of the Accord. I have seen it on the news when they had a big deal the day they showed them being rolled off the assembly line. I saw it in the newspaper and now I have seen it in my latest CR that just came friday. It looks almost identical to the 2012 to me. If anything it took the exterior styling from the so called crossover the crosstour (Hatchback is what I call it). What I consider a redesign is the 2013 Ford Fusion or what they did to the Sorento, Optima, and Sonata back a few years ago. Don't mean to insult anyone. Just wondering.
  • completely agree with mtnman1, although I own an accord and pilot myself, I can be considered a Honda loving individual but as far as design goes for Honda vehicles I hate their conservative approach in redesigning new models. Look at the detail and you will see you are looking at a 2012 model. Even my 2006 Honda accord has same armrest and door pockets as in 2013 model. I wanted to update my old model with new one but looking at the pictures I think I will buy Nissan Altima 2013 which has been redesigned inside out.
    edited September 2012
    mtnman:

Does the all new 2012 BMW 3 series look that different from the 2011? No. It's subtly but substantially different. Esp. if you look closer at the details the 2012 BMW is different from the 2011, but it sticks with a classic design that has clear functional advantages.

It's the same with the Accord.

Look at the cars you compare the Accord to--Sonata, Optima, new Fusion, etc. Yes, they have swoopy "coupe-like" styling. And guess what--they have some of the disadvantages of a coupe, including poor rear visibility, compromised headroom, rear windows that only roll down halfway, etc., etc.

The 2013 Accord will have a rear seat that doesn't make the people sitting there second class. In other words, if you sit in the back seat of an Accord you have good headroom, you can roll down your window, good legroom, etc. Plus the driver can actually see out the back very well--just like in a BMW.

Think about it. And compare by actually sitting in the back seats and driving the cars that you admire, and then driving an Accord and seeing the difference. Those other cars are imho in several ways inferior to the Accord.

Honda also is tops in engineering and reliability. Do they sometimes have problems? Sure. But generally less than most other makes.

Esp. living close to the factory you might consider taking a factory tour. I think the way they make the Accord would impress you.
    edited September 2012
    mkhoja:

The 2013 Altima does seem pretty impressive. The mpg numbers certainly surprise. The Altima is rated 27 in the city and 38 in the hwy. That's better than last year's Sentra!

But I think the 2013 Accord will get about the same, or at least will get very close.

And check out the back seat of the Altima, which has tight rear headroom and windows that roll down only halfway.

The handling of the Altima is said to be good. But my guess is that Honda will be at least that good and maybe better.

You might want to consider waiting a few weeks for the 2013 Accord to come out and then test drive both. I'd be interested to hear your report!
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 382
    I have a Sister and Brother-In-Law that have owned numerous Hondas over the years including the Accord. Which by the way he traded in on a 2012 Sonata Limited back in April. I guess hell froze over. So needing to see the Honda's up close doesn't appeal to me. Plus we are not in the market for anything new right now. Just bought a new 2012 Highlander AWD Limited V6 back in May and own a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL V6 which I bought new in October 2008. Plan on keeping the Fusion another 4 years and the Highlander about 8 years. I guess I don't get Honda's new Ad campaign about the "totally redesigned Honda Accord". I don't see it. I think the Altima, Optima, and the new 2013 Fusion are by far more interesting. My '09 has been a great car and if I were in the market I would be heading straight to Ford in the Fall because it would be tops on my list. I don't like the Camry either, so I am not 100% loyal to any brand. In fact the Highlander is the first Toyota I have ever owned. Anyway, thanks for not tearing me a new one over my criticism of the Accord.
  • Based on the official photo of the 4-door, the 2013 redesign looks goofy. Smiley-faced with an overbite. The proportions of the last generation Accord were not very svelte and I can't tell if they fixed this.

Perhaps the innards are so good you can overlook the design. We'll soon see.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I don't think I can take the CVT transmission. I like to feel those gears change.
  • How much will sticker price be for 2013 vs 2012?
    Hasn't been released yet. Should be out in a few days. $700??? Just a guess. Don't know.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,508
    For this interested - many pages:

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/honda-automobiles-accord-press-kit

- Ray
    Glutton for specs .....
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,652
    Why would anyone "tear you a new one"?

You are entitled to your opinion. Hondas aren't for everyone.

Looks are so subjective. Anytime a model gets updated there are those who love the changes and others who wonder..." why did they mess up a good thing?"

And, with todays safety and MPG requirements it's pretty hard to change cars too much which is why they all tend to look alike anymore.

Same applies to colors. A color most people can't stand will be at the top of someone elses list.

As they say in the car business...

" There's a butt for every seat"
    edited September 2012
    I'm excited about this new Accord! Thinkin' about getting one.

It's getting very strong reviews, including this one from Car and Driver:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-honda-accord-sedan-first-drive-review

And check out this video test drive of the sporty 6 cylinder Accord coupe. He says it compares well with his much more expensive sports car! Temple of VTEC!

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1094221
    from Inside Line (at the link at the top) of Edmunds.com:

http://www.insideline.com/honda/accord/2013/2013-honda-accord-vs-2012-toyota-cam- ry-comparison-test.html

"....Now the Honda Accord is back at the beginning, and it wins this test easily. As usual, it's the total package that makes this car special. The new four-cylinder engine and CVT work incredibly well together, providing usable performance and a real-world improvement in fuel consumption. Honda also improved the look and feel of the cabin, while adding the tech features that have become important in this class. In the midst of checking all those boxes, company executives didn't lose sight of details like handling and steering feel — key ingredients in the character of Accords past and present.

Next to the Accord, the 2012 Toyota Camry LE is down on flavor. It's every bit as useful as the Honda on the inside, but on the road, it's slower and wholly uninterested in doing anything other than taking you to work in comfort. For some, that's enough, especially given this LE model's competitive price tag.

But we'll pay a bit more for the 2013 Honda Accord's tastier brew. For the moment, it's the car to have in the four-cylinder midsize sedan class."

in other words (cue music)

CAR WARS

Episode IV

A NEW HOPE

It is a period of midsize car wars.
    Rebel Accords, striking from an Ohio
    base, have won their first victory
    against the Toyota Empire....
    or the summary....

1st Place: 2013 Honda Accord EX
    The Accord is once again the epitome of good taste in the four-cylinder midsize sedan class. It's quicker, more fuel-efficient and overall more enjoyable to drive than the Toyota, and it has a nicer cabin to boot.

2nd Place: 2012 Toyota Camry LE
    We won't stop you from buying a Camry, especially if you like a compliant ride. But its automatic transmission isn't as responsive as Honda's CVT, and its interior belongs to a lower income bracket.
  • manybmwsmanybmws Posts: 347
    edited September 2012
    Completely agree the design is a flop.

It looks exactly like a 2011 Hyundai Azera. Yuck!

Front Azera view

Rear Azera view

Accord gallery
    edited September 2012
    I like the looks a lot, but whatever you think about the style, the new Accord has it where it counts with best in the midsize 4 cylinder class 0-60 time. Motor Trend clocked the Sport 6MT at 6.8 seconds 0-60. That model has a nice price of $23,390 + 790 dest.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1209_2013_honda_accord_first_test/spe- - cs.html
  • After being told by a few different dealers that they expected to have cars in their showrooms by the end of the is week (9-14), I was told today that it would be the end of the month. Has anybody seen one at a dealership yet?
    edited September 2012
    Some have already arrived! If you look on youtube for 2013 Accord and sort by date, you can find a few early bird dealers giving us a sneak peek at their first all-new 2013 Accords just after they get them. Here's an example...

Officially they can't sell them till Sept. 19th, and I think they'll stick with that. And supplies will be short for a while, as demand likely will exceed supply for a month or two as production ramps up....
  • @benjaminh Thanks. I'm not sure of any that have received a 2013 in Louisiana. I know several expected them this week. It may be a case that they don't want to show the car until they can sell them. They don't seem to want to offer much information other than the trim levels.
    edited September 2012
    markitdown: You're welcome! Are you thinking of getting one? If so, which one? I think many dealers hide the new model in the back of their lots or under a cover on the showroom until it's really close to the Sept. 19th intro. But in any case we have less than a week to wait!

I'm thinking of getting one. As you can see in my post in midsize sedans 2.0, I'm considering a 2013 Accord Sedan EXL Navi in Basque Red Pearl with white leather interior. Looks sharp! Next is timing. I don't think I want to be in on the madness of the first couple of months. I'm hoping that by the end of November maybe I can score one at a bit less than msrp. But maybe I'll need to wait until the new calendar year sometime....That factory in Ohio that makes Accords can make up to 400,000 a year when it's going at full tilt, and so there should be plenty to go around in a few months.
  • markitdownmarkitdown Posts: 8
    edited September 2012
    benjaminh: I am leaning towards getting an EX-L also. I have the same mindset regarding timing. I have a feeling dealers are going to be getting close to full sticker for about 6 weeks. I spoke with a dealer (not salesman) who said they would trickle in for a few weeks, but they expected to have good inventory as it will be a high production car.

BTW, a salesman called me today to tell me they are getting one in today. I hope to check it out today or tomorrow.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,508
    I saw a truckload [ 10, maybe ? ] on 316 north and east of Atlanta this AM.
    Heading toward Atlanta.
    - Ray
    Just 1 data point.....
    markitdown: Once you've seen it, I hope you'll give us a report!