Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Honda Accord

1235»

Comments

• jsin1jsin1 Posts: 5
    I just spoke w/the dealer, who said Honda shouldn't need to keep up with each phone OS update. I haven't tried re-pairing but will. It's not that the phone isn't found; only that I can no longer more forward or back to listen to music.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Wow - real nice dealer response. Let us know how you make out.

Bill
    So I repaired and got it to work. The dealer was sorry, but also admitted that they're happy to fix any mechanical problem, but technology issues were beyond them.
    edited October 2013
    I bought the car in April, and since day one, the radio reception and sound have been awful. Better sound with Bluetooth to my phone and XM radio, but the radio sounds like a transistor radio, lots of static. I took it back to the dealer for this, and was told first by my salesperson that there's nothing they could do about that--it must be the area I'm in relative to radio towers (I live near Silicon Valley and my last car, a 2002 Honda Civic, had better sound and reception in the same places.) The salesperson suggested I install an after-market stereo to fix it (even though I had just bought it). Unfortunately there are no radio/stereo upgrades through Honda. ... So I took it back to their shop, and the mechanics said all they could do was a software update, which made no difference.

I'm very frustrated that I have a new car with a radio from 1950. Has anyone else had poor sound and/or radio reception in their new Honda? Any ideas of possible solutions, since the dealer has no help to offer?
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 966
    We don't listen to regular radio much since we live in a rural area that has very poor reception. Nothing would fix that situation. So we listen to XM which is fine. I also listen to music through my ipod which also works fine. Do you have static in that situation too? I don't except temporarily when satellite reception is blocked, like in a tunnel or between two large hills.
  • sdasda Posts: 308
    3500 miles, 33.7 mpg on trip computer B, not reset since delivery. A little wind noise turbulence at speeds over 65 at driver's window, otherwise no issues. Paint, fit, finish, no flaws. I am very pleased.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013-14 Honda Accord, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

1235»