Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X1 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_Man,

Can you provide BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive28i with 10,000 miles per year as well as same for 12,000 miles per year? As I will probably be committing to the lease in December when would you have December rates as well? Thanks so much!
  • Hi Car_Man,

Could you please share residual and money factor for December in Seattle area, for 2013 sDrive28i with 10,000 miles/yr for 36 months?

Thanks!
  • My dealer is using a money factor higher than what I've seen posted here (0.00165) and I'm trying to secure a 3-year /12K miles lease payment of ~$607 on an X1 (MRSP of $37090). Part of the trick is a trade that is involved where I'm adding about $2K in negative equity to the deal. My planned down payment is $1650. Am I off on my expectations? Their current offer stands @ $642.

On a separate note, the X1 is a nice addition to the BMW line-up. I am a current Audi owner and I was please with the driveability of the X1 - plus of course, functionality and looks.

Thanks in advance for your input!
  • Hi cartman503. The semantics are between you and the dealer, but dealerships don't foot the bill for the cash incentives... BMW does. So if there is a $1,000 cash incentive on the vehicle that you want, in a way I suppose that one could say that its dealer invoice price is $1,000 lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello allanny13. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

There is currently a $500 holiday cash incentive on the X1. Make sure to take it into account in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • Certainly hattri. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 sDrive28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

There is a $500 cash incentive for everyone and $750 loyalty cash on this vehicle this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man
    So this year I am looking at the X1.
    I'm confused abt what Edmunds and CarPriceSecrets and TrueCar post as their MSRP and Invoice Price. They all tell me different when they call me.

Actually I found that Edmunds showed a better TMV for this vehicle.

I live in NY, have had BMW's past 9 years, lease it and for this car, which I am looking at leasing (2)...1 my daughter will be leasing again. I don't know for sure what numbers I should be looking at. The only option I am looking for is the Cold Weather Package, and the Servotronic, and Bluetooth (apparently now we have to pay for this feature?).

Can you please guide me, and help me what I a good price would be, and the residual and MF for 12,000 miles, 36 months?

Thank you so much again!
    Hermie :sick:
  • Hi, I'm just wondering if you have gotten around to reading my post from yesterday.
    I am hoping you help me with regard to the leasing of this vehicle at 12,000 miles, for NY area.
    Thank you! :confuse:
    Hermie
  • Can anyone help me do a sanity check on this lease? It looks WRONG.

Term = 36 mos.
    MF = .00125
    Residual = 59%
    Tax = 8.38% (on lease payment, not car value)
    Acquisition Fee = $725
    Fees, MSRP, negotiated price all shown in image.

My calcs show $554/mo -- not $618. What am I missing? (Or how am I being taken?)

Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,095
    1) You say the tax is on the lease payment, but that work sheet shows a tax amount that would suggest it's on the whole selliing price..

2) Cash due = $0 ?? If so, capitalize the $725 and the 1st payment.. neither of those are shown on the worksheet, either..

I didn't do the math... just looking at the information you provided...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Yeah, they claim it's not the tax. I'm going in today to learn more. Below is my calc...

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,095
    Your math is right... but, with $0 due at signing, you'd have to capitalize the first payment.... That would add around $17/mo... Something tells me there is a big doc fee in there somewhere, and maybe something else they didn't disclose, like a wheel insurance policy..

All that will show up in the capitalized cost, if so..

The other possibility is they are marking up the money factor....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks. I'm glad to hear that I'm at least doing the math right. (And it does match all the online calculators.) I'm headed in tomorrow to figure out what the extra $$ is all about.
  • What is meant by "Net cap Cost"? How did you get that number?
    Thanks.
  • That was essentially the sum of other fees, rebates, etc that was being capitalized for the lease.

I found that taxes are charged on rebate cash, doc fees, etc. once I knew that, and once the dealer used the correct money factor, the numbers matched (within $2).

All, any reason NOT to capitalize the first month's payment?
  • Hi Hermie. Of course, the correct dealer invoice price is listed here at Edmunds.com :). You can look it up over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man:

What would be a fair cap cost on the sDrive 28i? xDrive 28i?

Also do you know the January 2013 buy rate lease money factor and residual value on a 36 month lease? Do you know if there are going to be any incentives for January?

I live in the NYC area. Dealer just told me that my out-of-pocket costs would be ~$2100, this is not including any down payment but includes 1st month lease payment. Does that sound right?

We have a family member who works at a dealership and may be able to get us an employee incentive deal too, making the X1 look very attractive right now. Considering this incentive, do you think its even worth the oxygen to try to negotiate?

Any other advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Thank you car_man.
    Will be talking to dealer later today.
    Hopefully he doesn't tell me that you can't get the cold weather package with the leatherette too! SOunds like they want me to get a pkg with leather, and I am trying to keep the car down to just the basics ..... ugh!
  • Hi jalmanzar. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the X1 right now, but if I was interested in getting one in an area that has a decent level of competition I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus any available incentives.

BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 sDrive 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for the xDrive would be exactly the same.

the only cash incentive that is currently available on this model is $750 owner loyalty cash.

If you can get employee pricing, it certainly would be much easier for you than negotiating.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome voldermort.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man, so I've ordered my X1 and because I only wanted cold weather package and leatherette seats I have to wait 6-8 weeks. That seems like a long time. Also, the lease quote they gave me is $369 36months @ 12k. I don't know if it's high or great. Would you know?
  • Hi voldermort. I certainly can take a look at this deal and give you my opinion on it. Do you know this vehicle's MSRP and selling price? Those figures would be very helpful in my analysis.

Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man,
    I was in the BMW dealer yesterday negotiating a lease on a BMW X1 xDrive 28i with 15k for 36 months. The money factor used was .00140 NOT .00130 as listed above in a previous email exchange, although the residual was identical. It was clearly displayed on the auto lease calculator we page the dealer went over with me, and this was for top credit class. I don't know where your sources are for this information- is it possible the salesperson had it wrong? Do I have to review it with them? "Could you please recheck the money factor?" Any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • Hi joshdent. The .00130 money factor is definitely correct. If I was working on this deal I personally would make sure that the dealer used it to calculate my monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • timc01timc01 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please advise MF and Residual for X1 10k 36mths? Are the Feb rates available yet?

Also do you have the rates for a one-time payment lease? I know these are different.

Thanks!
  • If you leased the x1 as described, would you mind posting the final details (purchase price, monthly payments)? I'm looking for pretty much the same specs and terms. thanks
  • Certainly timc01. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I don't often see information about advance-pay leases, but the last time I checked into BMW's program it provided a .00080 money factor reduction for them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man, well I've asked them for the paper work, and they haven't sent it to me. I'm not sure if it's a great deal......also, I'm wondering if you know if the $500 i gave them is refundable if for some reason, I don't like the numbers? It's really taking a long time, and I'm begining to think there will be surprises with the numbers!
    Thank you! :cry:
  • Hi voldermort. If you haven't physically taken delivery of the vehicle and it wasn't some sort of special order then any deposit that you made would likely be refundable. Though this should be clarified prior to making any deposit to begin with, you should have a strong case for getting the $500 back if you don't go forward with the deal. Having said that, the fact that it should be refundable and actually getting the dealer to give you money are two entirely different things. I have found that it is often very, very difficult to get dealers to give money back once it's in their hands.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.