Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X1 Lease Questions

Comments

• That should be: $500 from my BMW rewards card (not car);-).
  • niasnias Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_Man and company, this forum has been very helpful and informative (well, let's test that) ; ) Love some feedback whether I did right or not....

Based on: .00145 and 60%
    a 36 month/10k mile per year lease:
    2013 X1 xDrive 28i - Black on Black
    $38,745 MSRP
    $36,545 Selling Price
    Premium Pkg. -
    Cold Pkg.
    For a monthly cost of....
    $309.
    ... I traded in my old car for $5500 ($1900 still due) and put 3k down in addition to get the monthly down (didn't like putting equity into a lease, but wanted low monthly for a few years).
    Thoughts?
  • Hi nias. The truck that you described has a spread of a little over $3,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. That probably puts you at around $800 or so over invoice...which sounds like a good deal to me.

The money factor and selling price look good, but I personally wouldn't have made such a large down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I received a quote yesterday for the X1 xDrive35i 10,000 miles/year 36 months. The L.E.V.% is 62. I assume this is the same as Residual. Did the residual go up in October? Is the money factor still .00145?

Thanks,

Lee
  • Hi Lee. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive35i with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • timo12timo12 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Would the .00135/62% be true for the sDrive28i as well? At 12K miles, does the residual drop to 60%?

Thanks!
  • Hey timo12. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 sDrive28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

With 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual would drop to 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • GBrianKGBrianK Posts: 211
    Carman:

Looking to get a X1 with Sport Line, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, Technology and BMW Apps installed. MSRP is $37845, but looking to get it at $36000. What are lease rates and residuals looking like for a Top Tier Customer (FICO 780)? How is residual calculated (on MSRP or Negotiated price)? Are there any ways to get better offers (like with joining a Volvo group gets you "Friends and Family" discount)?

Thanks!
    Glenn
  • Hi Glenn. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

BMW is providing a $500 cash incentive and $750 owner loyalty cash on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Does the two cash rebates also reduce dealer invoice? For example if I agreed to $1000 over invoice then would I be able to take that amount off the "$1000 over invoice" price ?
  • Hi Car_Man,

Can you provide BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive28i with 10,000 miles per year as well as same for 12,000 miles per year? As I will probably be committing to the lease in December when would you have December rates as well? Thanks so much!
  • Hi Car_Man,

Could you please share residual and money factor for December in Seattle area, for 2013 sDrive28i with 10,000 miles/yr for 36 months?

Thanks!
  • My dealer is using a money factor higher than what I've seen posted here (0.00165) and I'm trying to secure a 3-year /12K miles lease payment of ~$607 on an X1 (MRSP of $37090). Part of the trick is a trade that is involved where I'm adding about $2K in negative equity to the deal. My planned down payment is $1650. Am I off on my expectations? Their current offer stands @ $642.

On a separate note, the X1 is a nice addition to the BMW line-up. I am a current Audi owner and I was please with the driveability of the X1 - plus of course, functionality and looks.

Thanks in advance for your input!
  • Hi cartman503. The semantics are between you and the dealer, but dealerships don't foot the bill for the cash incentives... BMW does. So if there is a $1,000 cash incentive on the vehicle that you want, in a way I suppose that one could say that its dealer invoice price is $1,000 lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello allanny13. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

There is currently a $500 holiday cash incentive on the X1. Make sure to take it into account in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • Certainly hattri. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 sDrive28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

There is a $500 cash incentive for everyone and $750 loyalty cash on this vehicle this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man
    So this year I am looking at the X1.
    I'm confused abt what Edmunds and CarPriceSecrets and TrueCar post as their MSRP and Invoice Price. They all tell me different when they call me.

Actually I found that Edmunds showed a better TMV for this vehicle.

I live in NY, have had BMW's past 9 years, lease it and for this car, which I am looking at leasing (2)...1 my daughter will be leasing again. I don't know for sure what numbers I should be looking at. The only option I am looking for is the Cold Weather Package, and the Servotronic, and Bluetooth (apparently now we have to pay for this feature?).

Can you please guide me, and help me what I a good price would be, and the residual and MF for 12,000 miles, 36 months?

Thank you so much again!
    Hermie :sick:
  • Hi, I'm just wondering if you have gotten around to reading my post from yesterday.
    I am hoping you help me with regard to the leasing of this vehicle at 12,000 miles, for NY area.
    Thank you! :confuse:
    Hermie
  • Can anyone help me do a sanity check on this lease? It looks WRONG.

Term = 36 mos.
    MF = .00125
    Residual = 59%
    Tax = 8.38% (on lease payment, not car value)
    Acquisition Fee = $725
    Fees, MSRP, negotiated price all shown in image.

My calcs show $554/mo -- not $618. What am I missing? (Or how am I being taken?)

Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    1) You say the tax is on the lease payment, but that work sheet shows a tax amount that would suggest it's on the whole selliing price..

2) Cash due = $0 ?? If so, capitalize the $725 and the 1st payment.. neither of those are shown on the worksheet, either..

I didn't do the math... just looking at the information you provided...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.