Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X1 Lease Questions

Comments

• sepi60sepi60 Posts: 13
    edited March 2013
    Hi everyone,

Can someone please post the latest numbers for money factor and residual value for 10,000, 12,000, and 15,000 miles 36 month lease of xDrive 28i X1?

I appreciate your help.
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Posts: 117
    .00130 and 60, 59, and 57% residuals
  • Hi Jasonmdbmw, could please share the RV for the X1 for 19000 miles?

Thanks
    The residual will stay at 60% for 15,000 miles but there will be an $1800 charge for an additional 4,000 miles at $.15 per mile
    Jasonmbmw,

You probably mean:

"The residual will stay at [57%] for 15,000 miles but there will be an $1800 charge for an additional 4,000 miles at $.15 per mile"

right?
    Hello everyone:

So, I'm trying to practive my calculations before going to the dealer today, but something doesn't add up. For the lease special offered at:

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/Vehicles/2013/X1/xDrive28i/

with MSRP of $38,345, $725 Acquisition fee, $750 loyalty rebate, and $3,624 first month (including $2500 down, $725 acq. fee and 399 first month payment), I get monthly payments of $412 (pretax and excluding license and reg), when I use 0.0013 for money factor and 0.6 residual factor for 10,000 miles per year.

Here is my calculations:
    Net Cap Cost = 38345 (MSRP) + 725 (acq. fee) - 2500 (down payment) - 725 (acq. fee paid upfront) - 750 (rebate) = 35095

Month depreciation = (35095-23007)/36 = 336
    Interest = (35095+23007)*.0013 = 76

Total = 336+76 = 412

Am I missing something? why do I get $412 and not $399? Does this lease special come with lower money factor maybe?

Thanks much
  • Thank you Sepia!
    Yes you are right. Sorry about that, was looking at the wrong residual.
  • Does the MF posted above for the 28i apply to 35i as well?

Thanks
    Yes it does
    Hi Everyone,

The dealer that I'm negotiating with tells me his money factor is 0.0017 for X1 because they are in red. I guess they want me to think that they are selling at loss. (I got a price about $800 above Edmunds.com invoice price, and $300 above the dealers invoice price - Their invoice price was $500 more than Edmunds.com apparently due to advertising fee).

So, anyways, I walked away, saying that the market rate is 0.0013, and if they can't afford it, I won't take the deal.

Now, the dealer has called me again, offering to cut from the price to account for the higher money factor. (They need to cut at least $1200 to match the difference).

What do you think about it? Should I go for it? or this is just another gimmick of a dishonest dealer, and I better avoid them altogether?

Thanks,

sepi
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi sepi. I personally don't see why the dealer insists upon marking up your vehicle's money factor to the point that they are willing to sell you the vehicle below invoice minus incentives. I personally prefer to do deals as straight forward as possible with the buy rate money factor and whatever real selling price I can negotiate.

Having said that, if you have shopped around and this combination of a higher money factor and an abnormally low selling price results in the lowest monthly payment for the vehicle that you want then I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks much Car_man,

In fact they didn't offer me $1200 discount, but just $200, plus a bmw rebate that I was already eligible for, and had taken it into account myself elsewhere.

So, I passed on their offer.

Thanks,

Sepi
  • hugo5hugo5 Posts: 68
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please advise MF and Residual for X1 10k 36 months for April?
    Are there any incentives or cash backs this month?

I am looking at this car:
    http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x1/2013/options.html?sub=suv

Thanks,
    Hugo
    I just heard back from the dealer (via email, so didn't have chance to discuss and ask). I told him I was looking for a basic X1 8 speed automatic, rear wheel drive, base color and interior (no extra charge), possibly with sun roof and heated front seats, (but not a must, to keep cost down), $1000 out of pocket, everything else rolled in.
    With those extras, on Edmunds it has a
    Total invoice Price $30,825
    and an MSRP of $33,445
    He told me that he found two matching cars and the monthly would be around $600!!!!
    I had an X3 three years ago and paid less a month. Can somebody help me do the math?
    Are there any incentives? I am not a returning customer, as we had a Jetta for the last three years, and what are the numbers for April?
    My wife would like to come in around $350/month, and looking at last months without incentives (didn't see if there were any) I can tell that I will probably not be able to get there, but anything close would be good.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Hugo
    MF .00129 and RV 59% for 10k/yr for 36 months. There is a $500 lease/APR cash on X1's for April
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Jason,
    I am using webcalcsolutions auto lease calculator and am not sure if I am doing this right and maybe you or somebody else can help me here:
    I priced out the car I want on Edmunds with an
    MSRP - $32,195.00
    calculated at $1000 above invoice price (29,685)
    so $30,685.00
    -$1000 out of pocket
    -$500 lease cash you mentioned

and ended up with this monthly:
    $375.84
    I am trying to get to the monthly having rolled everything asides the out of pocket into the monthly (tax, etc)
    Am I doing it the right way, or am I missing something?
    The BMW advertisement mentions acquisition fee ($725) and destination fee. Edmunds only accounts for destination fee. Looking at this calculator, I see that I have not filled in the following:
    Tags/plates
    title fee
    registration fee
    acquisition fee

How do I get this and do I need it to get to the right amount?

I was also looking into a Tiguan, and after pricing it all out on Edmunds, the dealer told me that I have to pay for first aid kit and floor mats, which added another $1000 that I didn't account for. Is this something BMW will do as well and do I have to get this. Sorry, for the long question and being somewhat uneducated about this. I try to be prepared going into negotiations and they will always find a way to come up with something I didn't calculate, which throws off all calculations I have done, and am not sure wether I can contest it.
    Thanks again
    new quote from the dealer:
    MSRP $31695
    aprox. selling price $30695
    $1000 out of pocket
    $450/month

is this a fair deal?
    Whats the sales tax for where you will be titling the X1?
This discussion has been closed.