Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Type R

13»

Comments

• chem123chem123 Posts: 272
    Not that I am taking offense to comment #41, I just couldn't help but smile as I am a new owner of a 98 Civic DX hatch. Yes, stock the car is cute on a lucky day. But with a modified suspension as well as tire/wheel package and factory front lip, it gets plenty of looks. Besides the uniqueness of the car (in comparison to its more popular coupe counterpart), it is also practical. But no, that is not the reason I bought this car. Right now, I love driving the hell out of it on every backroad I can find, and I relish looking forward to the day I swap a B18C1 (GS-R engine) in. Did I mention it weighs under 2300 lbs? : )
  • diploiddiploid Posts: 2,286
    The Acura Integra is the #1 stolen luxury vehicle because its engine gets 'swapped.' Was this what you were referring to?
  • chem123chem123 Posts: 272
    Integra=luxury? I don't know about that but NO! Never would I ever consider stealing someone's hard earned engine for my gain! Yes, sadly it's true that GS-Rs are stolen often because of their valuable engine, drivetrain, suspension, etc., components, but a "swap" refers to purchasing a (hopefully) rightfully obtained engine and drivetrain and exchanging it with your less powerful components. The way that I am making sure that my swap is not illegally obtained is that I am buying it off my friend's 97 GS-R. Sorry for the confusion :).
13»
This discussion has been closed.