Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Hyundai Sonata

2»

Comments

• rysterryster Posts: 480
    I am 6'5" tall and agree that the Sonata has plenty of room. I wish the bottom seat cushion was slightly longer, but other than that there is a lot of front legroom.

I am also hearing that the 2013+ Nissan Altimas (45.0" front leg room) and the 2014 Chevy Impala (45.8" front leg room) have plenty of room for tall people.
  • kyrptokyrpto Posts: 216
    Glad you went with a progressive company instead of falling into the Camcord abyss.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,727
    Have had our leased 2013 Sonata GLS with Preferred Package for a year now. Put 7500 miles on it, mostly by my wife ("her" car) in that time. Just did the 7500 mile/1 year maintenance which cost ~$50, including wash and vacuum. Since the 3750 mile service (oil/filter) was free (oil changes for the 3 years of the lease were included), very low costs over the first year.

Have had absolutely no problems that were due to the car. It did get hit by a hail storm this summer, got about 100 very small dings all over it, taken care of by PDR. Also has been hit in the front bumper a couple of times in parking lots so a few scratches on it. And my wife recently sprayed some Coke onto the center console, with a little getting into the rotary temperature control so it is a bit sticky, but still works. I've asked her to please open the pop bottles outside the car in the future!

Maybe we were lucky, but this car exhibits none of the problems some folks have complained about with this generation of Sonata. The car tracks fine, although the steering feel is not as firm as I'd prefer (thanks to the EPS). No interior issues; I sprayed the tan cloth seats with Scotchgard shortly after we got the car, as that light cloth shows stains--they come off much easier with the Scotchgard. Heated seats are great, no slacking off in intensity over time. Fuel economy varies depending on whether my wife (with her heavy foot) is driving or I'm driving. I have no problem exceeding the EPA numbers except in extreme cold weather, or if I'm in stop-n-go rush hour traffic (which thankfully I don't need to do very much). She drives mostly "in town", short trips, lots of idling, and struggles to hit the EPA city number, usually averages 21-22 mpg.

Very pleased with the car so far; too soon to tell if I'll keep it when the lease is up in 2 years or not, but that might be difficult to do with all the new designs available since this Sonata was released in early 2010. Plus there will be a new Sonata by then, and based on spy pics it'll be a stunner. :)
2»