Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Vue ABS System Problems

• fubarvuefubarvue Posts: 3
    thecardoc3 Tried your advice but ran into a problem with the scan tool which i did not mention originally. With the scan tool hooked into the abs diagnostics it disables the abs, the abs light comes on and the system is off. Test driving the vue in this mode , the pump activation cannot be duplicated, thus unable to check the datastream during an event.
  • fubarvuefubarvue Posts: 3
    Thecardoc3 along with all Saturn vue owners. While my problem may not be indicative of all abs vue troubles, double check all abs circuit connectors, while they may appear solid, oxidation and corrosion are evident. Open the connector and apply di-electric grease to the terminals. The problem of the abs pump kicking in at speeds of 5 - 0 mph has been eliminated.
  • I am having same issues. I already had my rear stability changed out. But my  2009 saturn vue rpm is accelerating but my speedometer is slowing down. I just noticed that  my brakes lockedup. I can be driving and it starts to slow down and I can floor it but once I pull over ,its not going anywhere. I thought it was my transmission going out, since it was giving the symptoms of it. But I had a mechanic, look at it and told me my transmission is strong. It has plenty of brake fluid and feels like my powering steering is going out. I notice that when it rains, it  seems to cause my stabilizer, abs lights to come on. I usually can tell when its about to happen ( usually after 14 miles ). I don't like it when it starts act up ,especially when I have my kids in the vehicle.  Has anyone truly figured out the cause? I wouldon't rather just let it go, but I owe too much on it and can't afford to ruin my credit anymore than it already is. I tried to record what it is doing
  • I had the same issues you have all described with my 2008 Vue. Took it to a very reputable mechanic. After some time they figured out the ABS pressure modulator assembly had totally failed and needed to be replaced. Because of this, I also had to get an all new brake master cylinder.

When they were working on these, they saw metal chips in the brake fluid. So that had to be drained out, flushed and replaced.

Total cost in Las Vegas for all of this was $1,827.