Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Rondo (Carens)

conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
edited September 2012 in Kia
just released photos of the new Carens before its official debut on Sept 27th at the Paris Auto Show.

It's unlikely the US will get it but Canada will.

Comments

• bgwbgw Posts: 116
    Thanks for the info conwelpic. I wonder if we will get the stickshift that is pictured. Our 2007 and 2011 Rondos have been great vehicles, I just wish for a stickshift.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    specifications and dimensions should probably be released when they officially announce the vehicle at the Paris Auto Show, but as to way they will be equipped for Canada will probably not be made available till 2nd quarter of next year.
    more pictures surfacing on the web, interesting set up for the 2nd row seats which also slide.

Still have your Rondo, conwelpic?
    sorry for the delay, been away for a few weeks. No I don't have it, I traded it last November on a 2012 Soul 4u. Purchased from the same dealer - they have treated me very well over the 4 years I owned the Rondo. The Rondo was great and very reliable which was the reason I bought another Kia, didn't even consider anything else.

some specs I've found for the 2014 model comparison to the current 2012 Rondo.

Length - 178.1" vs current 178.9
    Width - 71.1" vs 71.7"
    height - 63.4" vs 65.0"
    ground clearance - 5.9" vs 6.1"
    wheelbase - 108.3" vs 106.3"
    edited October 2012
    this new version will be available in Canada, here's a quote from Kia Canada on there latest sales announcement:

Kia also revealed the all-new 2014 Rondo Urban Utility Vehicle at the Paris Motor Show last week. The all-new Rondo will be launched next year, as a Canadian-specific model in North America, offering the flexibility of up to seven passengers and versatility to meet the needs of growing families
    By the pictures above, this is a 2013 Rondo?
    there is no 2013 model in the Rondo.
    Kia Canada says the new Rondo is scheduled for spring 2013 release.
    edited January 2013

Canadian specification and features have not yet been released.
    the all new Rondo will have its North American introduction at the Toronto Auto Show in February
    the Gwangju factory has made the change over from the old model to the new in January as they only built 82 units for export for that month. This plant has had an extensive expansion to increase production by 120,000 vehicles a year.
    edited February 2013
    a few more shots:

• 93949394 Posts: 67
    city fuel economy has been the only complaint i have with my 09 Rondo, can't wait to see the EPA rating on this 2.0L + 6AT combo.
    edited February 2013
    (these standard features it would seem, you had to get the EX model before), so maybe there will no longer be a LX model?

Standard features:
    - 6 speed manual transmission
    - manual air conditioning
    - 2nd row heating and cooling vents
    - power windows
    - heated front seats
    - 6 speaker audio system
    - keyless entry with power locks
    - black cloth
    - ESC, HAC, BAS, VSM
    - flex-steering (3 settings)

Available features:
    - heated steering wheel
    - heated 2nd row seating
    - cooled ventilated drivers seat
    - auto dual-zone climate control
    - 10-way power drivers seat with extendable cushion optimizing thigh support
    - supervision instrument cluster
    - large LCD screen
    - integrated side window blinds
    - black or black/beige 2-tone high-grade leather
    - rear parking sensors and rear-view camera
    - automatic 6 speed transmission
  • Will the new Rondo have the high seating position like the old Rondo?? The new Rondo has
    a lower overall height. Hope they kept the high seat, as I really like the look of this vehicle.
    I would presume so, the lower height is about the same as my Soul, which also has the high seating position and one of the main reasons I like it (and also the Rondo which I owned before). However, as I was unable to sit in it at the Toronto Auto Show so I can't confirm.
    It does have much more flexible seating compared to the old model and a 2" longer wheelbase to help with interior space.
  • Thanks conwelpic. Almost bought a Rondo in 2008, but really didn't like the front end styling -grille headlights etc - ended up buying a SUV (Santa Fe),
    mainly to get a higher seat. We really just need a compact hatchback with
    occasional seating for 5, and space for the dog in the back, but as seniors
    with arthritic knees and hips, we need a higher seat for easier entry/exit.
    This new Rondo looks very promising.
    edited February 2013
    you almost fit my description as I too am a senior and wanted that higher seating with ease of entry and exit. However, I did buy the 2008 Rondo EX with the 2.4L, as at the time I just found the Sorento and Sportage too big a vehicle (bulk-wise) - still do.

I presume you are located in Canada :)
    Conwelpic my old friend, did you take these photos yourself? Well done, nice and clear with especially good lighting so we can see the details of the interior. Nice looking machine. I especially love the idea of a 6sp manual, about the only thing I wish our 07 and 11 Rondo's were available with. But no V6? It seems the movement to smaller engines is well underway.
    hi, its been a while :) Yes I took those photos at the Toronto auto show. It was a bit awkward as it was locked with just the front windows open and surrounded with a glass fence. I was looking forward to going over it in detail due to my past ownership of one.
    I was checking back and my '08 Rondo with the 2.4L was only 162hp at the time and never encountered any power problems with it but then mine was only a 5-seater model. I have heard rumours that a 2.4L maybe an optional engine but at a later time, but no confirmation on that. Still haven't see the Canadian specs for this new model but will post as soon as they become available to me.
    Hard to compare old to new as they are so dramatically different vehicles, the only carry over is the name. That front windshield has a massive slope on it (one thing that really stood out to me when I first saw it), so they must have done extensive wind tunnel testing on it. It's the same height as my Soul, its the virtually the same length as the old one but with a 2" longer wheelbase which has got to help with interior room.
    the all new Carens/Rondo won the prestigious Red Dot design award in Europe.

The new model is now in full production starting in February, so we should see it on our Canadian shores in the next month or two.
    Here's the MSRP for the Canadian models:

LX MT - $21,695
    LX AT - $23,995
    LX AT 7-seat - $25,195

EX AT - $26,995
    EX AT 7-seat - $28,195
    EX Luxury - $32,195

if any Canadians want spec details, let me know and I will post it.
    new microsite on the all new Rondo http://www.kia.ca/rondo/index.html
    Hey conwelpic,
    I just looked at the site you mentioned. Pretty nice vehicle! I signed up for more info. Too bad there isn't a V6, since both our Rondo's were V6's, but I wonder if the 6sp manual would be available in the EX? Hmmmmm.
    Sorry but no V6 anymore, just one engine now the 2.0L Nu GDI and also the 6 speed manual will only be available in the base LX 5-seater model. The 6 speed auto does have the manual shift capability like the older previous transmission. However the new model is 300 lbs lighter than the previous one. I have full details info, so any specific question just ask.