Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds Member Spotlight - Meet Qbrozen!

2»

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,528
    Nice write up, Q... and that's some impressive swag! I can see why fezo was forlorn about missing out on a coffee mug like that. Shoot, if you put on the fleece and have that mug in hand (with a little steam emanating from the lid, of course), I have to imagine that a troop of minions would pop out of the woodwork to lay out a red carpet at your feet!

I laughed out loud when I read the Unimog comment. Heck; I'm still chuckling about it. :P
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,478
    Thanks. :)

That fleece is getting alot of use. It has been serving as my fall jacket because it is much heavier than a normal fleece. It has some sort of extra lining on the inside, and its has lots of pockets.

Also, just to add something here for the fun of it, I thought I would share my car list that I had to put together to keep track. It was just too much to remember off the top of my head whenever someone asked. I think I may have posted most of this around here somewhere, but now I've uploaded the complete sheet for easy viewing.

They are in order of when acquired. The pink highlight are my wife's cars that we have purchased/leased post wedding date (she had a Galant when we met, and that lease couldn't be over fast enough for me).

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,055
    Wow, glad to see another believer in brand loyalty. :D

(Funny, all my cars seem to wind up being project cars.)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

bah. brand loyalty is so boring. My FIL has had nothing but Grand Marquis for the past 30 years. I couldn't imagine going through life that way. The way I see it, there are still several brands I want to own before I die.

• hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,209
    I hope you, Fezo and others got through the hurricane with minimal damage and disruption.
    edited November 2012
    Thanks. I lost a few sections of stockade fence and a couple of trees. I spent all day yesterday cleaning up and only got less than half of the front yard done. The back yard alone will take a few days.

The most annoying part right now is being cut off from the outside world. I am typing this as I sit in my dad's living room. He never lost power or cable. I've been running our generator on and off for the past 4 days with no end in sight. That only gives us heat, water, and a couple of lamps, though.

My workplace (which is near philly) reopened yesterday, but there isn't a damned thing I can do about it. The schools in my town are closed all week, so, for the most part, we're trapped at home with 2 toddlers.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,731
    Hmm, I thought you worked the other direction, toward the shore.

What area outside philly?

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

I work in Hamilton (next door to Trenton)

Ah. I think of that as Princeton area, not associated with Philly. But that must just come from being down here about 8 miles from center city!

nice straight shot down 195 at least.

I take the train out of hamilton when I need to go up into NYC.

• michaellnomichaellno Posts: 4,300
    I think of that as Princeton area, not associated with Philly.

I was thinking the same thing. I used to travel to Moorestown & Maple Shade a lot and I think of that as greater Philly.

We had a small branch office in Princeton that I traveled to on occasion.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,364
    We lost some pretty good sized limbs but no trees. Power was out for two and a half days. Biggest issue there is I might have to get the doc to give me an extra insulin pen to get me through. The food in the fridge is history.

That said, we're all OK here and not even dealing with the crazy gas issues in these parts.
    I have a client that is based out of the financial district (water street) so needless to say they are a mess.

Was on a call today and the big boss said it might get noisy, since he had been on a gas line for more than an hour (something around that) and was down to only 20th in line.

I guess that is better than having your town still under water.

But, glad to know that you survived in one piece!

Well, I only said it was NEAR philly, not part of it. haha.

So just got my power back a couple of hours ago. Woohoo! A total of about 6 days and 2 hours without it. And it was desperately needed. My 6-year-old was at the end of his patience.

edited November 2012
    Good to hear - that's a long dry spell.

Got gas? (petrol, not natural). Guess you had enough around to run the generator.

edited November 2012
    I took a trip just this morning out west to the Fort Dix area to fill up all of my containers. We were much more willing to do that than sit in these ridiculous lines that have been forming around here. I have 14 gallons of tanks and that lasted us about 2.5 days. I would run the generator through the night, using 5 gallons, and 2 hours each midday, using 1 gallon.

Today, the governor instituted the old '70s gas crisis trick. License plates ending in an odd number can get gas on odd days and even days for even numbers. Not sure how long that's going to go on for.

come down my way. All the stations are open, and no lines at any of them.

edited November 2012
    Fezo too and the stations near him were pretty close to where Sandy came ashore. Strange.

the eye pretty much went through us. turns out, the best thing was to be where the storm came on sure. You just did not want to be 50 miles north.

2»
This discussion has been closed.