Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Tier Gas

2»

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,013
    I was going to say that's too often, but then I remembered that I'm down to about one oil change a year, so that's just about right. :shades:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    Yeah, a year or 10K miles (a synthetic oil change or 2 dinos) sounds about right.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,013
    "Mazor believes that the driving public has outdated notions about gas. Twenty years ago, only premium fuel had detergents in it. Back then, it was beneficial to occasionally buy a tank of high-test gas to clean the engine. Then, he says, "regulations were very lax and there was little enforcement. But all that has changed."

Likewise, Randy Stephens, chief engineer for Toyota's Avalon, isn't wholly convinced by the claims of engine protection afforded by higher-priced gas. He says fuel experts at his company study the effects of different brands of gas on the Toyota engines. Automotive engineers disassemble engines after 10,000 miles of running them on different brands of gas to see if there is a difference.

"Honestly, in the 10 years I've been in charge of Avalon, I've never seen one come back with any sort of deposit issue," Stephens says."

Is Cheap Gas Bad for Your Car?

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

2»