Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Mazda Tribute Accessories

Comments

• I just purchased the base model 2004 Mazda Tribute for our family. We were replacing a 1995 Ford Ranger truck and needed more room, but a vehicle that was economical. My husband loves the SUV, it still had power windows, door locks, mirrors, etc (which was a step up from his old truck). However, he HATES that it doesn't have a center console tall enough for him to put his arm on. When we purchased the SUV the dealership said we could purchase the center console that is similiar to the one in the LX and have it installed for around $150.00. We put this in the contract, etc. and I was supposed to take it to have it put in the following week. The day after we purchased the vehicle they said they no longer make them. Can anyone help me out or tell me where we might get a center console that is tall enough to use as an armrest, has more storage, etc? I've looked all over hte internet. The DX model is a 5 speed, so I don't have lots of room down there. Thanks a lot!
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    Ok,
      I need opinions here... My wife wants me to get the Altezza (or "the clear thingy's" - as she calls them) lights for the Escape. I've tried looking all over the web, but can't seem to find any to get prices. I'm not sure how the Escape would look with the Altezza Lights, but any input would be helpful.

Odie
    My Homepage
  • zaimonzaimon Posts: 124
    Do they sell Altezza lights for the Tribute?

The update for the 2005 Tribute may come with Altezza lights (going by the 2004 MPV updates). You may want to look that way. When I replaced a smashed broken light on my Tribute it cost about $90, so may be the same for altezza lights?
  • Try www.crutchfield.com for a replacement. Great company with very knowledgeable staff and wonderful selection. I just checked and they have 110 receivers that fit the vehicle. They also have all the other parts...speakers, wires, amps, the whole works.
  • Has anyone installed the Mazda compass/temperature mirror on an '04 Tribute? If so, are the wires pre-installed in the head liner or do you have to run the power and temperature probe wires?
  • orlieorlie Posts: 12
    I have an '01 Tribute and purchased the autodimming mirror for an '03 model from www.mazdastuff.com -- I was told that it will fit without a problem, even on a 2001 model. 'Brought it in to a dealer (in NY) and had it installed for $83... 1 hour of their time versus a few hours of mine, well worth the installation fee. Sorry, don't know where all the wiring comes from...
  • sheitsheit Posts: 1
    How easy are the mud guards and side step tubes (running boards) to install on my own? I assume someone out there has experience with this. From what my dealer quoted, I'd be saving about $200 if I do it myself. I've heard the side step tubes are easy, but are the mud guards just as easy? Any drilling, or does everything just screw/bolt into preexisting holes?

Thanks in advance...
    I didn't even purchase the nurf bars when I bought mine because of all the dirt / mud / snow / salt they collect. Every time anyone wouyld get in or out you ruin the back of your pant legs.

Odie
  • I just installed both the Mazda front and rear mud flaps and a Westin step bar. The front mud flaps require the drilling of two holes(one on each side) Make sure you have the proper size drill bit (its a metric size). You "dry fit" the flaps locating a drill point under the vehicle to retain the rear of the flaps. You then remove the flaps, drill a hole to accept the supplied rubber/plastic nut. Reinstall the flaps, removing the paper strip on the double sided tape and install the screws. The rear flaps use exiting mounting points. The directions are so-so in describing the install.
  • mpv39mpv39 Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2004 Tribute and I am looking for a Cargo Security Cover. Cant find one anywhere. Secondly, can you put a tag on the front? dealership said they couldnt do it. thought they were full of crap. but they didnt do it. Any help would be nice.

Every vehicle has to have the available front plate because of State's that require a front license plate (New Jersey to name one) Go to the dealer and tell them you will be moving to a state that requires it, they will have to put one one for you. As for the Rear cargo cover, try either eBay or goto Parts Cheap and just click on the Ford Accessories (I'm assuming the Escape's cover would Fit the Tribute)

Odie
    Found a great Bike carrier if anyone is interested. Kmart has a 4 (FOUR) Bike hitch mount carrier (that leans away to get into hatch) for $90.00. Works great too.

Odie
  • bcas400ebcas400e Posts: 1
    hi,

does anyone know where to get a rear bumper step guard for an 04 tribute? Other than the OEM item?

Thanks!

BCA
    did you try
    Http://www.escapestore.com

even though it might be for the escape it should work on the trib.

Odie
  • tdevanetdevane Posts: 35
    So I go in for an oil change at a little over 50k miles and of course every time I do this there is some new part I need. This time I'm told that my steering rack needs to be replaced due to a leak. Anyone ever of this needing to be replaced at only 50k miles?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    It sounds like you need to quit going to the dealer for your oil changes!

I noticed no one has seen your post over in the problems board yet - you may want to try a discussion search there to see if any other owners have had this issue.

Steve, Host
  • damandaman Posts: 1
    I would like my Tribute to have a duel exhaust system or at least LOOK like it has one. Any ideas/experience with this project would be appreciated.
  • I have a base '05 Trib and I love it. However, I'm now thinking I should have tried harder to locate one that had cruise control. I've seen the parts on J C Whitney, but how hard is it to install it yourself, or are there many auto shops that will install it for you?