Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Mazda Tribute Accessories

1234568»

Comments

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,863
    I think my window sticker mentioned a "luxury" package with leather, etc. Same as the "Limited" today.

Yes, that knob on the right should unscrew so as to remove the rails. I can't remember for sure, but I may have used a screwdriver to do the initial turn.

They cause drag, so one of the first things I did was remove the cross rails.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,863
    "Are there any suggestions for tapping into a Switched Circuit? I use an auxillary outlet splitter that runs a number of accessories. I would like to set it up so that they shut off with the key rather than miss one power button and find a dead battery. Sure do miss the days of tracing simple circuits! "

On my 2008, the accessories switch off after a certain period, I'm not sure if it is 10 minutes or maybe 20 minutes. But they do switch off.
  • berensberens Posts: 2
    Can I upgrade my inside manual rearview mirror to an auto-dimming mirror?
    If so is the wiring pre-installed and tucked above the headliner?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,133
    For the benefit of those that might be able to answer your question:

What year and model Escape do you own?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• berensberens Posts: 2
    I have a '03 Escape XLT Sport 4x4 w/power moonroof. It doesn't have lighted vanity mirrors.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,133
    Thanks..

Hopefully, we'll get some Escape experts in here that might be able to give you an answer..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• dan5678dan5678 Posts: 28
    Since the company that makes these did not specify one for 2013 escape when I looked; I took a WAG, based on the bolt size, and ordered the one for an '09-'11 F150 (FO2ANTPF).

Since it's made of stainless steel I am hoping it will be able to deal with the small amount of bending I did to it to make it work. Basically the angles needed to be 'opened up' a smidge, but it seems to fit pretty well. Used 3m paint protector tape to hopefully avoid that issue.

Fishing co-ax and power cable thru was not as bad as I imagine it could've been. Removed the under-engine cover thinking that might help, but turns out it really didn't. I wound up doing the job all from above.

I think i'm going to blame computer-aided design for the fact that everything is stacked in so tightly that there's barely enough room for any extras the FMC engineers didn't see fit to put in.
1234568»