Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Fusion Hybrid

123457»

Comments

• I actually got better mileage this morning that usual, so its definitely promising. I need to look and see if I have any software updates. Were yours for Sync updates?
  • b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 193
    I got the FSA 13A01 Sync Upgrade and the 13B07 PCM recalibration done. 13-5-1 for the Battery Saver message didn't work, al least for me. Before the Sync upgrade, when I played my USB songs on Shuffle, about half the time it would start with the same song. With the upgrade, it has not done this.
  • Has their been any improvement on song being played in the proper order? Mine always play in alphabetical order rather than track order when I play an album
    I've always played mine on Suffle so I don't know what it does in other modes.
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Depending on what you use for the media, you may need to organize the track information. I have this same problem and found that trough Itunes if you set the Meta data correctly it will play by track, but it isnt easy and consumes time.
    edited December 2013
    The FFH is my first hybrid. I never even considered a hybrid before last year, and I still wouldn't be caught dead in a Prius. But Ford has made me a convert by producing a hybrid disguised as one of the nicest looking, highest tech vehicles available. And it was within my $34K budget.
    How many times you may have to take a new vehicle back to the dealer to correct problems is a fear most car buyers have, and it is a good gauge of the quality of a car. This is a list of my dealer trips in 12 months:
    1. Updated to the latest MyFord Touch software.
    2. Had dealer check for the cause of the Battery Saver message. Nothing was found wrong, battery was charged, I did not leave happy.
    3. Had a total of six TSBs and updates done at one time.
    (For the first two trips, a shuttle took me to work and picked me up. For this third, a loaner car was provided.
    4. Had Illuminated Door Sills and Ambient Lighting installed (the only time I had an out of pocket expense).
    Not bad for a brand new car. During my first 9 months of ownership, I averaged 37.2 mpg. The last three months have seen a 43.4 mpg average. After 12,200 miles, the FFH is like a fine wine. It gets better with age.
    I know I could come close to or match the EPA 47 mpg if I never drove over the speed limit. But for me, that’s never going to happen. I have, however, lowered my average speed by 5 mph, and I’ve surprised myself by being happy with that. If I had been driving my previous vehicle, a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, I would have spent over $1,600 more on gas over the past year. That fact makes my very happy, but everything about the FFH makes me a happier person. One of the best feelings you can have is knowing you’ve made the right decision, and there is no other car on the planet that I wish I would have chosen instead of the FFH. Although I know there are other factors involved, I truly believe that purchasing the FFH has made me a better person.
    My FFH is a White Platinum SE with Dune leather interior (Equip Group 502A), moonroof, MFT Tech Package, Nav, 18” Luxury Wheels and Rear Sensing. I will probably be happily driving my FFH for the next eight years. If I were to buy another one tomorrow, however, the only option I would add would be the Push Button Start, which wasn’t available for the SE at the time of my purchase. I still wish Ford would make the new 10-way adjustable passenger seat an option on the 2014 SE and not just the Titanium. They should at least make a manual height adjustment available for the front passenger. In many cases, this adjustment would probably only be done once, just like the tilt adjustment on my steering wheel.
    I’ll never qualify as a hybrid “enthusiast” but I do think I fit in with the majority of FFH owners who just love driving their Fusion Hybrid, and get great gas mileage as a side benefit.
    The FFH is a “luxury” car, but doesn’t qualify for that category since it doesn’t cost enough. Its fold down rear seats are a major benefit for me. I use them a lot, and if the FFH didn’t have them, I probably would have purchased a crossover vehicle instead.
    If you are already in the habit of driving with smooth acceleration and smooth braking, you should have no problem getting good mileage from your FFH. Learning to back off the gas peddle at the right time to get into EV mode is probably the major new additional habit you need to develop.
    In the category of vehicles that people can afford, I feel the 2013-14 Ford Fusion Hybrid is the best choice a driver can make.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,955

A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought or is shopping for a new Ford Fusion. If this is you, and you'd like to share your story, please send daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

123457»