Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford C-Max Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
Ask your C-Max lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• gspringergspringer Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone have residual and money factor for a 36 month/12K & 15K miles per year for a C-Max Energi? This is for Virginia.

Also anyone know if Ford requires GAP insurance for their leases through Ford Credit?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gspringer. Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C-Max HEV SE with 15,000 miles per year are 1.75% and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 C-Max PHEV are 5.0% and 51%.

The residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

There is currently a $750 cash incentive on leases of the HEV and $3,750 on leases of the PHEV.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • margibmargib Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am new to leasing. I have the X-plan and want to know if a) this is a good deal; b) if I should take the 24 month lease or the 36 month lease and c) if the money factor is negotiable on the x-plan. I am looking at a C-Max SEL Hybrid -my pref is for a 36 month lease and the dealer is offering me a money factor if 2.25 and 56% residual on a 13,500/year lease. The 24 month lease has a 1.0 money factor and a 65% residual.

Based on Edmunds advice, I plan to put 0 down. Is this still the current thinking? Is there any interest rate reduction if I prepay some or all of the lease. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome margib. Ford's X-Plan is indeed a good deal. Having said that, it's strange that those are the lease rates that the dealer is quoting you because they look slightly high. On the 2013 C-Max Hybrid they should range from 0.5% for 24 months to 1.25%-1.75% for 36 months (the exact rate varies by region). You should definitely ask the dealer about that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please tell me the Money Factor / residual on 24 and 36 mos 15,000 miles per year on a C-Max Energi Plug in.

Also is there dealer cash avail on these and do you know if there is going to be any dealer cash for the 4th of July

Thanks!
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car_Man or Kdyfx,

Can you please tell me the Money Factor / residual on 24 and 36 mos 15,000 miles per year on a C-Max Energi Plug in.

I think there is dealer cash avail on these can you please verify this

Thanks!
  • haricotharicot Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease the base model C-Max Energi in Pennsylvania.

For a 24 month lease w/ 15k miles per year and $0 down I've been quoted $352.

For a 36 month lease w/ 15 miles per year and $0 down, $345.

How do these numbers look?

Thanks!
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    any chance to get the numbers on a 24month 10.5 miles lease? residual / interest. Thanks. Looking to lease one soon.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    2013 C-Max SE 24mo, 10.5K/yr
    64% residual for October

Last month the MF was 3.25% with $1000 customer cash... but, I don't have updated numbers for October....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2013
    i'll update the numbers a later. But I should have been clearer I was looking for the energi.

I ended up leasing one yesterday.

350/month 24 months, 840 due at signing (includes first month, plates, fee's).

10.5k miles/year. no benefit to increasing the miles upfront, as upfront miles were the same 20cents/mile as the penalty.

I did roll in ~1500 in negative equity from a trade in. otherwise the payment would be ~290month.

The model included the navigation option, and sunroof.
    Congrats on the new car!

I will note that your comment on mileage is not really accurate...

You can go from 10.5K/yr to 15K/yr for a 3% decrease in the residual.. So, on a $35K vehicle, you'll pay $1050 more for 9K more miles (30K vs. 21K over 24 months).

That works out to less than $0.12/mile, assuming you'll use 15K/yr.. The numbers work out even better on a 36 month lease...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hmm. I only asked about going from 10.5 to 12k miles a year. and was quoted a $25/month increase in payment.
    It should have been closer to $15/mo, I think..

But, as I noted above, the mileage bump is a better deal on the 36 month leases, because it's the same reduction in residual as the 24 month lease..

What sort of MSRP does a C-Max Engergi go for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mrswittersmrswitters Member Posts: 4
    Hi kydfx,

I'd like to lease a C-Max, but I've never leased a car before so I could use some help. I've read up a bit on it and my understanding is that my goal should be to get as low a capitalized value and money factor as possible, as high a residual value as possible.

Do you have October numbers for residual value and money factor for a C-MAX SEL (base SEL with no additional equipment)?

Also, how does trading a car in work with a lease? We have a 2006 Saab 9-3 that's worth about $5,500 in trade according to Kelly BlueBook.

The Ford lease offer on Ford.com is capitalized cost of $29,160, down payment of $2,916, adjusted cap of $24,994 and monthly payment of $261. This is just the web offer in my zip (94708); I haven't gone to the dealer yet.

Thanks for your help!
    2013 C-Max SEL 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    The residual is 53% for October..

Again, I don't the October money factors, but last month the rate was 3.25%

If you want to trade in a car on a leased vehicle, it's best to keep the transactions relatively separate. If the dealer will give you $5500 for your vehicle, then just have them cut you a check.

You are correct... you want the lowest selling price possible, just as in purchasing a vehicle. The bank sets the residual, and the dealer can't change that... but, the money factor rate can be increased by the dealer for extra profit, so you'll need to watch out for that..

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ozztruckozztruck Member Posts: 8
    I am planning to purchase a CMAX Energie by Nov.11 ( I intend to cash in on the $5827 tax credits Federal$4077, State $1500, County $250). The incentive is $3,000 plus 60 months @ 0%.
    any other hidden incentive, like maybe an extra $1000 for Veterans day ?
    The lease has $7000 in incentives but it disqualifies the consumer from the tax credits.
    I will once again use my Xplan, which is nice and transparent I also got Costco executive which I never tried, which is better?
  • cdr_acdr_a Member Posts: 2
    We're about ready to pull the trigger on leasing a C-MAX Energi. Looking at 302A package, black on black. Terms are:
    $33,891 invoice
    $7,500 rebates
    51% residual -- purchase option at end of $18.4k
    1.75% rate
    10.5k miles/year
    3 years
    --> $342/month with tax

Looking for any feedback.
    I bought a CMAX Energi, Ruby Red with the 302A package yesterday ( Nav and power liftgate). It came out at $34390 plus CA. tax.
    $3000 in rebates with zero percent financing for 60 months.
    I will file my taxes by February and expect to get $4077 Federal and $1500 California tax credits.
    If you lease the reason you get $7,000 in rebates is because you will not be allowed to get the tax credits.
    To sum It up it is a great deal I computed that it is $4,000 cheaper overall to buy the CMAX Energi over the regular CMAX with the tax credits or lease rebates.
  • cdr_acdr_a Member Posts: 2
    Thanks ozztruck. We just finalized our lease today and went with a 303A package based on availability and color combinations. Against my inclination, we also got the maintenance pacakge. In the end it was about $380/month with nothing down for 3 years and 10.5k miles. Also note that in California the tax credit goes to the lease holder.
    Congrats on your Energi with the 303A, and good to hear that you can get the $1500 from the Franchise tax board. I have to confess I got an extra 3 years bumper to bumper myself for $750 extra . My is a purchase so my total DP is $10000 and my payment is $470 month for 60 months. I just got the downloaded the App and registered with myford for the CMAX lots of neat stuff you can remotely monitor your car
  • bro2099bro2099 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2014

Could someone give me current residuals and money factors for 24 and 36 month leases with 10.5k miles/year? Looking at a 2013 with MSRP of 38k. Thanks. This is for a '13 CMax Energi

@bro1999 said:
    Could someone give me current residuals and money factors for 24 and 36 month leases with 10.5k miles/year? Looking at a 2013 with MSRP of 38k. Thanks. This is for a '13 CMax Energi

24mo, 10.5K/yr: 0.25% MF and 54% residual

36 month: 2.25% MF and 47% residual.

$8000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bro2099bro2099 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the info. I got a dealer to quote me an almost fully loaded '13 cmax Energi (minus the expensive paint) 37.8k MSRP, and they offered the following terms:

24 months
    10.5k miles/yr
    1k down (9k total incentives, including $500 college graduate incentive)
    $299/month including all taxes/fees
    54% residual

The National lease offer is $298/month with 1k down...on a base model! I'm thinking this is a no Brainer??

Looks like a good deal for $38K MSRP car.. Even if you consider it a $28K car, it's a pretty low payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• btc909btc909 Member Posts: 6

What is the money factor on a '13 and/or '14 SEL?

@btc909 said:

Hybrid? or Energi?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hybrid

@btc909 said:

2014 Hybrid SEL: 2.75% MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease.

2013 Hybrid SEL: 2.00% MF and 50% residual.. $2000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Thanks for the response.

• gjs7rgjs7r Member Posts: 3

Can you provide money factor and residuals for the 2013 and 2014 CMAX Energi. I live in Washington State. Looking at 2 year 12k and 15k miles. Also, the incentives are about $8k does that include the federal tax incentive? Thanks.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,254

@gjs7r said:
    Can you provide money factor and residuals for the 2013 and 2014 CMAX Energi. I live in Washington State. Looking at 2 year 12k and 15k miles. Also, the incentives are about $8k does that include the federal tax incentive? Thanks.

2013 MY - .50% MF and 49% residual (15K)

2014 MY - .75% MF and 56% residual (15K)

Add 2% for 12K miles per year.

I would say that the $8K in incentives does include the federal tax credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gjs7rgjs7r Member Posts: 3

Thank you very much!

• hackmartianhackmartian Member Posts: 4

Hello—I'm hoping someone can post current figures for the C-Max Energi SEL. Trying to get an honest lease price for 36 months, 12k miles, 0 down and what I've gotten back so far is pretty ridiculous looking.
    Thank you!

@hackmartian said:
    Hello—I'm hoping someone can post current figures for the C-Max Energi SEL. Trying to get an honest lease price for 36 months, 12k miles, 0 down and what I've gotten back so far is pretty ridiculous looking.
    Thank you!

.75% MF and $5007 lease cash. There is no SEL trim for the C-Max Energi; residual for Premium trim level for 36/12 is 49%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• hackmartianhackmartian Member Posts: 4

Thank you! It's difficult to navigate the way incentives seem to be offered on this car (your post says $5007 lease cash, the incentives section on Edmunds has a figure of $6275, and the dealers have mentioned additional money for conquest leases, etc) but when I do the math or look at what dealers are coming back to me with the C Max Energi is leasing close to $100/mo more than a similarly equipped Volt, even though the Volt has a higher MSRP and similar incentives. Why such a big difference?

• bizzycbizzyc Member Posts: 4

Hi -
    Can you please let me know the lease numbers for a 2014 NRG. I'm looking at 36 months and 12k miles. I live in Atlanta, GA. Also, do you know what lease cash is being offered? Thank you!!

@bizzyc said:
    Hi -
    Can you please let me know the lease numbers for a 2014 NRG. I'm looking at 36 months and 12k miles. I live in Atlanta, GA. Also, do you know what lease cash is being offered? Thank you!!

.50% MF with $6257 lease cash. 48% residual for 36/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bizzycbizzyc Member Posts: 4

That's it!! I couldn't tie out the Ford website calcs. Many thanks!!

• koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87

I looked for this page earlier but I could never find it before I leased. I think I was just looking under CMax energi and found nothing. I leased in zip code 94063 and unfornuately was charged an interest rate of 2.7%. I could never find the correct interest rate so I didn't know....but from what I have read here I think I got screwed. I just leased a week ago, can someone tell me the correct money factor for August in my area. My lease was for 36 months 15k miles/yr. CMax Energi SEL with 302a package. 0 down. 35 payments of $393.95 including tax. Rent charge is $1770.16. I figured this out after talking to a friend who leased in SoCal and had a lower payment but I actually negotiated a lower price for the car.

@koctailz said:
    I looked for this page earlier but I could never find it before I leased. I think I was just looking under CMax energi and found nothing. I leased in zip code 94063 and unfornuately was charged an interest rate of 2.7%. I could never find the correct interest rate so I didn't know....but from what I have read here I think I got screwed. I just leased a week ago, can someone tell me the correct money factor for August in my area. My lease was for 36 months 15k miles/yr. CMax Energi SEL with 302a package. 0 down. 35 payments of $393.95 including tax. Rent charge is $1770.16. I figured this out after talking to a friend who leased in SoCal and had a lower payment but I actually negotiated a lower price for the car.

For the San Francisco region:

0.25% APR and 46% residual. $6507 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    0.25% APR and 46% residual. $6507 lease cash.

thansks so much kyfdx for the quick response. oh man...i am so angry and embarrassed. i should have known that rent charge was too high. how do i calculate the exact apr i was charged knowing the lease charge was $1770?

i have leased cars before too and sometimes i knew the money factor in advance and sometimes i didnt but i never got screwed like this before. i was so caught up in negotiating good price on car i didn't realize the lease charge was off. i do have credit score of 785 so that is not the issue.

i am going back into the dealer to politiely discuss this...ha. i think i will also contact ford corporate. any other advice on a way to remedy the situation. i know its a signed contract...but they weren't acting in good faith. i pulled out my paperwork and i asked them for the apr or money factor before going into finance to sign and they told me 1.5%....which is still screwing me but from my calculatinns it was even higher. i have that figure written down. maybe that wil help me?

--mike--

@koctailz said:

Would need the MSRP and the CAP cost to reverse engineer the MF/APR

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx MSRP is $34595 Gross Cap Cost $32463. Adjusted Cap Cost is $27221.34. rent charge is $1770.16.

I remember the sales guy came back with my credit score....it was 785. I asked him if this qualified me for the best lease terms and he said yes. Would you suggest I discuss this with the dealership...and if so who would be best there to discuss with or with Ford Credit...or am I just stuck with it and move on?

Thanks so much...

edited September 2014

@koctailz said:
    kyfdx MSRP is $34595 Gross Cap Cost $32463. Adjusted Cap Cost is $27221.34. rent charge is $1770.16.

I remember the sales guy came back with my credit score....it was 785. I asked him if this qualified me for the best lease terms and he said yes. Would you suggest I discuss this with the dealership...and if so who would be best there to discuss with or with Ford Credit...or am I just stuck with it and move on?

Thanks so much...

2.7% APR looks pretty close.

I doubt there is much you could do about it now. Ford Credit certainly won't help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx Thanks...2.7% is the same figure I came up with. Wish I would have found this forum sooner...

@koctailz said:
    kyfdx Thanks...2.7% is the same figure I came up with. Wish I would have found this forum sooner...

It's not like you got a bad deal. Enjoy your new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for all the info you have provided @kyfdx

• tmo4tmo4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi can I get the figures for a C-Max SE 3 year lease with 15,000 miles in 93105 please? Thanks!
    tmo4 said:

Hi can I get the figures for a C-Max SE 3 year lease with 15,000 miles in 93105 please? Thanks!

2.00% APR and 51% residual for 2014 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sharpkansharpkan Member Posts: 18

Hi what are the current figures for a 2014 SEL 3 year lease with 15k miles in 91107