Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Ford Focus

2»

Comments

• derfokusderfokus Posts: 9

BTW, I have just over 17000 miles on this thing..

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871

@derfokus said: BTW, I have just over 17000 miles on this thing..

Almost sounds more like a quality control issue with assembly and seals rather than a mechanical issue

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• guido65guido65 Posts: 17

I own a 2012 Focus SE hatch. I have the sunroof, winter package, convenience package and winter package. The only problem I had was the transmission jerking issue. I had the car reprogrammed at about 10,000 miles and not had an incident since. I average 34.7 MPG per the computer. This car is fun, sporty to drive. Once you learn how to use the sport shift it is actually pretty quick. I now have over 26,000 miles with no other issues. I would recommend this car.

• tjs427tjs427 Posts: 1

I have a 2013 focus hatchback will just over 20,000 miles. It has been in and out of the shop 4 times in the last 30 days. This last time they had it for a week. The time before that, a week also. They have reset the TCM twice, replaced the TCM, replaced the clutches, and replaced the actuators. When driving with the technician yesterday, my car was making grinding noises, shifting hard and shuttering. He told me that was normal operation for this transmission. I asked him if he thought Ford purposely designed a transmission to perform horribly and require major service at 20,000 miles. He laughed. I think Ford is aware there is a problem, but they have not come up with a fix. I hate having passengers, because its just embarrassing. I went on a road trip last weekend, and even if my car wouldn't have been in the shop there is no way I would have driven it any long distance. This car has proven to be horribly unreliable and unsafe.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,666

Drove 3 different Foci at work yesterday and they all shudder at lower speeds and I do not understand why. Honestly, every Focus I have ever driven has driven the same and I wonder why can't Ford fix this problem? People buy these things so does this issue not register or do they just learn to live with it? I'm at a loss here and even though I do like the looks, I never even considered it when I was looking. Honestly, my '06 Civic drove so much nicer than these Foci!

The Sandman :) B)

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871

@sandman_6472 said: Drove 3 different Foci at work yesterday and they all shudder at lower speeds and I do not understand why. Honestly, every Focus I have ever driven has driven the same and I wonder why can't Ford fix this problem? People buy these things so does this issue not register or do they just learn to live with it? I'm at a loss here and even though I do like the looks, I never even considered it when I was looking. Honestly, my '06 Civic drove so much nicer than these Foci!

Any specific conditions that seem to be causing the shudder? BTW... love my Versa hatches too. B)

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

No clue as to why they all seem to do this, must be something to do with the auto tranny they use but I know I'd never ever buy one with this issue. Was just too annoying and I'm used to my Hyundai which shifts seemlessly!

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• da_oneda_one Posts: 1

So upset with FORD all around. We have bought Ford vehicles for the past 10 years, like some of you on here. You would think they would listen to their loyal consumers, that have made them "#1". These design flaws in the transmission need to be owned and dealt with, not giving the run around BS!!! Maybe a class action would encourage them to rectify the problem.

Yep, I have a 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback with the "manual" automatic transmission (as my dealership calls it). Purchased it in October 2013, brand spanking new. It now has 8000 miles on it. To date, I have taken it in for the transmission 3 times ; the strut tower bearings (only one side and not the mount) to be replaced, now 2 times!!!! I do not like wasting my time on this BS. I thought I was buying a cost effective, new, reliable car..........BOY! WAS I WAY WRONG

I contacted the Ford Customer Service department, explained the issue-he emailed me back "after investigating my claim" and told me to talk to the dealer's service department. What??? I explained that since the problem persists, I was contacting them. His reply,

****Thank you for your reply. I apologize that my original response did not resolve your concerns.

As previously communicated, your vehicle is operating within Ford specifications.

At this time, we recommend you speak with the Service Manager of your servicing dealership for further explanation on the condition of your vehicle.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Chris

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

yep, they care about their customers! **

Drove a couple more Foci yesterday and that tranny issue...still there. Hertz has a bunch in their fleet at present time so I have no choice but to drive them whenever the lead driver throws me the keys and funny, I do like the hatch design and would've put it on my short list last year when I purchased my new vehicle. But this tranny issue is crazy annoying and I could never put my hard earned money on an inferior problem like this.

2»