Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Toyota Highlander

ushy66ushy66 Posts: 126
edited December 2013 in Toyota
Any word on when the newly re-designed 2014 Hignlander will debut? It should be soon. Any available spy pics? And what would your wish list include for new changes or features? I currently own a 2010 LTD HL and like it alot, but would like to see the following safety features added: Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear cross traffic Alert like the 2013 Avalon Touring and LTD have. I also would like Toyota to add a factory installed (the after market units usually dont work that well) rear sonar sensor(s) system to the rear bumper like they have done to the Sequoia and Sienna, again for safety reasons. Even though my 2010 HL has a back up camera, it frequently gets covered with rain and road grime preventing an acceptable view of what is behind the vehicle, like kids and pets, or objects which might damage the back of vehicle. Thanks.

Jake

Comments

• Highlanders are on 7 year production cycle. Next one will be available in spring of 2015.
  • More like in Q2 this year. ;)

You'll learn more after the Tundra launch at the Chicago Auto Show next month.
  • ushy66ushy66 Posts: 126
    edited January 2013
    Wonder when we will first see the 2014 HL without all the Camo? (check this link: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/09/all-new-toyota-highlander-snapped-while-testi- - ng/ )

2013 Chicago auto show?

Jake
  • I just said after Chicago! More like the New York Auto Show in April.

Toyota has to get the Rav4 rolling this month, and then launch the new Tundra in Chicago. Then comes the HL this Spring, and the Corolla comes for the fall..... :shades:
  • wgraferwgrafer Posts: 591
    Damn - they can back it up another year or two as far as I'm concerned. My 2012 HL won't be paid off until 2016.... Of course it is, as expected, boringly dependable -- just the way I like them (as was my 2005 HL).
    edited March 2013
    The 2014 HL reveal is just around the corner (Wednesday 3/27); click on following link: link title

It should be interesting.

Jake
    edited March 2013
    Steve, I believe this is a pic of the 2011 Highlander Hybrid, not the 2014. Please click on the following link for pics of 2011 HLH for comparison: link title

Hopefully, non-camo 2014 HL pics will break cover soon, before the NY Autoshow in 2 weeks.

Jake
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,958
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, it even said it was a 2013 on the photo caption. :blush:

Toyota's really playing hide the ball, waiting for the 3/27 NY show.
    edited March 2013
    For the reveal of the 2014 Highlander, click on following links:

1.) link title
    2.) link title
    3.) link title

Front-end Design:
    Some of you may find the new front-end design an improvement, and to some degree I do, with 'dynamic', 'sleek' and 'strong' (???) design elements (Toyota speak/spin), but I am very underwhelmed/disappointed in Toyota's Calty (Newport Beach and Ann Arbor) team results/design execution. Why can't these guys and gals get the grill design to something good. To me, they could have done much better. First the polarizing grill design of the 2013 Avalon, and now this 2014 Highlander front-end disappointment :( .

Interior Design/Safety Features/Performance:
    However, I must say the interior design elements and notable improvements shine :shades: (better soundproofing and road noise insulation, increased 2nd and 3rd row space/accessibility, better dash layout and design and heated steering wheel for those cold mornings and days), and significant safety improvements/additions (Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Alert, Pre-collision System, and rear parking sonar for when the back-up camera image is poor and gets dirty/smudgy on rainy days) are sincerely appreciated. Additionally, fuel efficiency should improve somewhat with the new 6 speed auto transmission.

Jake
    Yep!

What's your take of the new front-end/grill design?

Jake
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,958
    edited March 2013
    Seen lots worse. :-)

Not thrilled about all the chrome but in the real world it probably won't look so "flashy".

Similar window trim around the CR-V hasn't hurt sales any so it's probably just me.
  • Was considering a 2013 but hated the headlights. Looks like they corrected them and moved the UGLY to the taillights. Why they need to protrude beyond the body is a mystery to me. Guess I'll put new tires on the '09 or opt for a similar looking Honda CRV.
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Posts: 242
    edited April 2013
    anyone know when the 2014 HL will be released for sale?
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know if the 2014 Highlander will have the top view, bird's-eye camera system to enhance safety and security?

So far, I have not found any info from Toyota or other sources that this feature will be on the 2014 Highlander. However, it is currently available from Nissan (2013 Pathfinder), Infinity (2013 JX/2014 QX60), Acura (2014 MDX), BMW (2013 X3 and X5), Audi (2013 Q5 and Q7), and Mercedes (ML/GL).

Nothing official yet on 2014 Highlander release date, but most estimates are this fall (Sept--> Nov).

Thanks!
  • Just like the Rav4 this year. The new Corolla will get the launch this fall, and the Highlander 3 months later.
  • Probably not.

Toyota is the Apple of the Auto Industry. Short on competitive features but solid reliability.

Case in point: my 2011 Highlander. Competing models already have side mirror blinkers, blind spot monitoring, lines on the the backup camera, hands free parallel parking, and updated nav with 3d/birds eye view... The Highlander? NADA.

Their message: Live with what we provide you with.
  • Other companies need those bells-and-whistles. How about making a better SUV?

Toyota makes a stud of an SUV that gets up to 28 MPG combined. When will the competition catch up to that feature? :blush: