Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru XV Crosstrek

13»

Comments

• direction is important, a couple mph with or against the wind could make that kind of difference.

Glad to know it is giving you 30+. Our Impreza hatch w/CVT is doing consistent 33-34 mpg average overall.

John
  • designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    What kind of mileage do you get in city or local driving?
  • City driving drives it down to around the 20mpg range, depending on season, summer 20-22, winter 18-20. When it's suburban driving I can get 27-30mpg depending on traffic conditions. Hand calculated mpgs & 10% ethanol, overall I can't complain about EPA sticker figures and what my real world numbers are.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,267
    edited October 2013
    If they put a diesel in the Passat Alltrack, that's a potential winner for me. I'm not confident that VW wouldn't try to rake buyers over the coals on the price, but a diesel AWD wagon would definitely catch my attention. Put it in at <$30K (well-equipped) and ~35-38 mpg? Yes, please!
  • saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 679
    Such a vehicle would be very nice, but after ownership of multiple (8!)Audi and VW models including diesel I'm sure they would require tender loving care from the dealer at many inconvenient times. My Subaru experience with 4 vehicles (Legacy, Outback and two Foresters) has been add gasoline and change the oil. If I had kept them long enough for the dreaded head gasket problem to occur, my opinion might be different. The new Subaru designs should end that high mileage costly problem. VW and Audi AFAIK are still very nice to drive but not nice to own.
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Posts: 1,640
    I hear the same about VW, and have had the same experience as yours with Subaru. No head gasket problem on my '03 XS after 171k.

John
    I like my Subarus, but I'm likely not going to buy another one unless it comes with a diesel engine. Happily, my '10 Forester w/ MT only has 69,000 miles on it, so I can keep it a good long while before I start to get antsy for a replacement.
    I'm surprised that with your local climate you would like a diesel. My winter Audi diesel experience included adding kerosene to the fuel to prevent jelling.

Starting here in Chicago was better than Mercedes' diesels by about 10 degrees F, but still problematic. A plug-in dipstick heater is a needed accessory. The last car I remember that needed that was my father's 1948 Cadillac which was the last year for a Cadillac with a 6 volt battery!
    Well, we don't use #2 (standard in most places) diesel here during the winter months. All the pumps carry #1 (essentially kerosene) from October through April. Gelling really isn't an issue unless you don't use the vehicle on a regular basis.

I haven't had a diesel up to this point, as the only thing with them is essentially trucks and VWs, and I don't need another truck. I'm excited about the expansion of diesel in the market, so with two relatively new daily drivers in the stable, I'm in no hurry. I just like to watch the offering list. :-)
    #1 diesel probably would have prevented a near disaster for some friends here whose Mercedes got jelled fuel while cruising at 60 mph on a remote country road. They were rescued by the highway patrol.

Since the Subaru diesel seems to need an additive system to meet pollution controls here,and Subaru has not built one.....the wait could be extensive. I believe the new high torque capacity CVT now used in Australian Subaru diesels might solve the other problem of an adequate automatic transmission. Some of us might prefer manual, but most of the public can't drive one.
  • Can moderator please provide current lease money factor and residual for 2014 cross trek premium automatic with 12,000 and 15,000 mile options

• kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856

@pilot4pilot said: Can moderator please provide current lease money factor and residual for 2014 cross trek premium automatic with 12,000 and 15,000 mile options

.00023 MF and 52% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Add 1% for 12K/yr

kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jgreen38jgreen38 Posts: 2

Can the moderator please provide the current lease money factor and residual for a crosstrek hybrid touring model with 12,000 miles

• kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856

@jgreen38 said: Can the moderator please provide the current lease money factor and residual for a crosstrek hybrid touring model with 12,000 miles

.00125 MF and 57% for 36 months.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tinycadontinycadon Posts: 287

Any word on what changes will be coming with the 2015 Crosstrek???

13»