Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rust on my new 2013 Ford Escape 4wd Titanium!

2»

Comments

• johnnyumajohnnyuma Posts: 54
    I'm curious, any response yet? I've had my Escape since Nov 1, 2012. I haven't seen anything on the garage floor other than the normal water/road salt/dirty grime that's common with a MI winter. What is Ford telling you?
  • Horrible service! crazy!
  • Ford told me that it is typical for a car to rust and whatever damage it is causing on my property is no fault of theirs since its 'typical' performance of those parts. I can understand that response if the car is old and years of rust have gotten to the parts...but again...this is a brand new car STILL marking my driveway and garage floor like an old rustbucket! I'm so livid. I love the car's performance, the gadgets inside, etc, but this is embarassing!
  • Anyone know of anything further I can do to get out of my car?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,443
    I usually open the door if I want to get out of my car. ;)
  • Funny! :)
    Arg...so frustrating
    :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • dont hold your breath, true! unless rust makes a hole, they will refuse. my 2011 has tiny rust forming on the left passenger door lip. I had it rust coated. but was told by the rust guy that this is a common area. Its the type of metal they use, cheaper the better. And they dont give a rats butt after the sale is made. its best to get a dremel and remove the rust. coat it, repaint it.
2»