Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protegé

Comments

• Wow! First time I visited that web site. I didn't realize they had so many options on color. The also seem to have to wood trim kits for those interested.
  • dinu01dinu01 Posts: 2,586
    Fowler: For the SE and LX folks, PIAAs are great. As I said I used to drive only with the PIAAs on in the city and use headlites only when the weather wasn't clear. Never got stopped by cops, so I assume it's ok. Plus a lot of those supped-up Civics are like that in the summer (foglites+side markers+rear lites on only, no headlights)...

Elec3: I'll see if they have that beer at out beer store this weekend. Definitely interested in trying it.

Bondobob: What do you recommend as after-market foglights that you can drive with at nite?

Now here's a question for you all:

How do I change the lights system so when I turn the engine on my foglites and side markers (amber lights) come on, but not the daytime running lights from the headlights? I know it has to do with re-wiring (now there's a genius!). Did any of you do it or thinking about it? I wanna make it look like the Audi A4 lights, that's all. I just LOVE that car! And the PRO of course, but the A4...all rite I'll drop it
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    We don't have DRLs here in the US. I know they are a law in Canada, so you might not be able to change it around. When I had my 2001 ES, I had the fog lights rewired to come on with the marker lights as well as the headlamps. (They only came on with the headlamps from the factory.) It cost me like $25 at a local audio shop for the rewiring. You might be able to get away with that.
  • yooper53yooper53 Posts: 286
    I too thought about a wood trim kit. I pulled up a site and know it would look good with the selected wood. But you only get one chance to apply each piece and I didn't trust myself. Thought about buying the kit and having a body shop do it. May do it yet.
  • newcar31newcar31 Posts: 3,711
    I buy snow tires and look what happens. It's 62 degrees right now, december 5, in minneapolis minnesota. What the heck is going on? It's been warm all november and now this?
  • SporinSporin Posts: 1,066
    Same ting here in Vermont. 50+ and dry with $500 worth of steel and rubber sitting idle in the garage! :-)

I'll need them soon enough!
    I put my snow tires on last night, now I am wondering if I wasted my money. Come to think about it, we have had some pretty mild winters lately. Global warming? Will MN soon be like CA?
  • shriqueshrique Posts: 338
    It was pretty snowy here last year and the temps were pretty low.

Sooner or later in MN you will use the snows and be glad you have them. (GRIN)
  • chicagoprochicagopro Posts: 1,009
    66 in Chicago today...last year at this time, we had already received quite a bit of snow. I remember distinctly, because I was taking driving lessons at the time. Ah, yes--learning how to parallel park in a snow bank...talk about an exercise in futility!

But I agree with maltb...MN or IL will not become CA, at least not any time soon. Don't take off those snow tires yet!
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    Here in sunny so Cal. it's 66. Enjoy the warmth, we'll be asking for it back soon.
    I mean weather wise, MN may soon be like CA. Of course it will never be the freak show that is California. ;0
  • mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    Haven't you figured it out yet? The times reflected on our posts are Pacific Standard Time. I made that post (6276) at 7:19 this morning. (I get to work around 7 to avoid the traffic -- and get off at 3:30 for the same reason.) Hey -- check out the time it put on your response post 6277!

And nope, I don't spend a lot of time thinking up these corny things. I'm a writer by education and profession. These weird things actually come pretty naturally to me.

I'm outta here. See you guys tomorrow! Sorry to hear your new car's radio died, Paul!

Meade
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    Here in MD, it's a balsy 70-ish outside. I don't ever know how to dress for work anymore. :) It's kinda cold in the morning, then it warms up in the afternoon, then cold again in the evening. Crazy weather. :0
  • meinradmeinrad Posts: 820
    70's here around Pittsburgh, wife just called from the gas station, she's got the top down today. Please snow soon, please.....
    Thanx for the tip Vocus. I'll give it a shot on Friday, see if I can find a place to re-wire them.

Weather in Toronto sitting a about 15 Celsius. Don't know how much it is in F, but let's just say that usually by this time it's -5C, so yeah, pretty warm. No jacket today, just a light sweater. I'm liking it, but I still have to go trire shopping now that my exams are over. Did fairly well (B+/A) on both btw (not that anyone cares after all).

Cheers!~

Dinu
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    it's 59F

C x 9/5 + 32 = F

F-32 x 5/9 = C
  • elec3elec3 Posts: 160
    dinu: Which beer, Corona or Dos Equis? I recommend them both but I also recommend not paying more than they're worth. If they're more than the same amount of Sam Adams or Killian's Red, you're getting ripped off (you're probably getting ripped off anyway, but I've never seen either one cheap outside of Mexico). They're both fairly light beers, with Corona being the lighter of the two. Dos Equis is often good if you can get it on draft with dinner at a Mexican restaurant...it has a slight lime flavor to it (even before you put a lime in it). Also if you like Corona, I highly recommend Pacifico.

As for the weather, a lot of you have had a warmer day in places like Minnesota, Chicago, and Vermont than I've had here in sunny Las Cruces, New Mexico. Right now it's 55 degrees and a bit breezy. Of course, this is as cold as daytime highs here get, but still :)
    Dos Equis: Sounds like a good beer. Let you know what I think after a taste test this weekend (if I can find it). As far as price goes, I don't mind paying $1 or $2 more something that's more "drinkable" than the avg. domestic beer (Molson Canadian and Labatt Blue up here in Canada).

Thanx for the conversion help maltb.

Fowler: Chat on tomorow?
    We made it back on Edmunds' most active boards! 34 new posts.

ZOOM-ZOOM :)