Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protegé

Comments

• mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    Ask maltb.

He knows everything.

Meade
  • protege_fanprotege_fan Posts: 2,405
    Hmm...well I don't think I have much leverage in terms of buying at that location as this is not the dealership where I bought my Pro from...but I guess I could use the "no more servicing from you" card.

I actually think I've been talking to the service manager...I'll have to check their website to see who that is exactly.

Thanks for the tip, Tim!
    Maltb, since you know everything and seem to be at max PSI today, what's your take on this?
  • gandalf17gandalf17 Posts: 348
    To further expand...I don't believe that they have ordered the part for you. Chances are they just forgot or couldn't be bothered. It should not take a month and you have the right to at least a detailed explanation. They should easily be able to acquire a radio from even another dealer, even out of province, if they were really motivated to help you here.

P.S.- Sorry, no spare radio's in my garage. :)
    Yeah...I thought that too. It's a good thing it's not a major problem, otherwise I'd have to threaten them with the Vocus stick.
    No need to get that nasty with the dealer. Nobody should have to be beaten with the Vocus Stick! It's got that light saber sort of sound when wielded, but it's far whinier than that.... The HORROR, the HORRRRRROOOOORRRRRR. :)
    I've never gotten so much mileage from one smart-assed comment!

Meade
  • newcar31newcar31 Posts: 3,711
    I'd be careful about threatening anyone with the Vocus stick. You could get yourself in trouble. The Vocus stick is a serious weapon and should be used with caution.
    Nice to see you pop back in. Since I know you weren't having a cigarette, or a drink, I can only assume you were catering to your one last, aforementioned addiction and playing with your very own vocus stick. Welcome back, friend. :)
    Trust me...it's going to get a lot more mileage...

So I just spoke with the dealership again...

I asked them to see when the radio was ordered. I took the car in July 12th. They told me the radio was ordered on July 23rd....uh...what? Lazy bunch of.....

Anyway, they're telling me it's still not in and it could take up to 6-8 weeks because there's some exchange BS and the company that they get the radios from probably has a low float...CoughBullcrapCough
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Ahem....

All together now.... "Let's go to the Posse topic where we can talk about thing we want!"

(well, almost anything!)

:)

(Edit -- protege_fan, I hadn't seen your post when I wrote this -- not talking to you!)
    A couple of us just got called down there for the crime of talking about former Town Hall members!

Meade
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I said "almost anything" -- and that's correct, that is not the thing to do. There have been one or two mentions in here that weren't that big of a deal, but that's not what was going on over there this morning.
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    I had a new radio ordered for my 2001 ES as well, after I proved to them that the radio cut out with higher-bass or higher-volume music played.

I had to actually drive to the dealership on the way to work and prove to them the radio was dead. Makes sense I guess.

Anyway, the radio was in stock in a matter of like a week or something (it's been too long, I don't remember exactly how long now). They kept the car one day and had it installed by the time I got off work.

Maybe it takes longer because you are in Canada? Not sure, but I would stay on them.
    Thanks for the info...not sure if they use the same procedures down South as they do up here, but I've been phoning every week to "remind" them. :D
    I thought that by filling the tank, there was some sort of fuel pressure boost? I've noticed it...when you fill the tank up full, the engine seems a bit more livlier....maybe my butt-dyno isn't calibrated right?
    I too have noticed the difference when the tank is full. I actually feel it reacts differently once it hits about 3/4 to half full and then picks up again. Maybe just my vivid imagination.
  • dsm6dsm6 Posts: 813
    1 gallon of gas weighs around 6 lbs. So, if my 02 Pro has a 14.5 gallon gas tank (I think so anyway), 1/4 tank is about 22 lbs.

Of course, fuel gauges are notoriously non-linear (meaning 1/4 tank may not be really 1/4 tank), but the numbers are ballpark anyway.

This weight is placed low, but it is pretty far back, so it will have a higher moment of intertia about an axis of rotation near the front of the car than if placed in, say, the passenger cabin. Maybe that is what you are feeling.
    exsqueeze me? Okay, i'll believe you. :)
    go out on a limb and say that I'm actually kinda starting to like that orange colour!! :O
    call 911 for you. You need to seek medical help immediately.
    Thanks for the link.....I am going to read it with great anticipation right now.

My wife's favorite colour is orange....if she sees the Turbo Pro in this colour, I'm in trouble...as is my budget.
    How'd I know that was coming? LoL!!

Ah well...guess that's what happens when one is bored at work.... :D
    If you get that Pro, does that mean you'll have some extra Pro parts left over? :D
    Well, to each his or her own. I bet the pictures don't do it "justice." What did one of the reviewers call it, neon nectorine?
    is my favorite term for it!
    It's negative for much of it.

"Toxic Wasteland Persimmon?" HA HA HA HA!!!!

Meade
    I guess it will make the Pro stand out. As one reviewer said, this car is too edgy for your average driver.