Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protegé

Comments

• mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    (And now, in hopes of Pat redemption ...)

I just took the information you provided and plugged it in over at nada.com. The average trade-in for that car is $11,200, and the average retail is $13,175. So I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Nice mileage too!

Meade
  • ashutoshsmashutoshsm Posts: 1,007
    Find out what brand new (0 mileage) 2002 LX's go for in your market, find out how/who put those miles on the car, what the warranty will be etc. Since it seems its a demo or a quick return from a reluctant buyer, you may want to insist they let you have it checked out by a 3rd party mechanic for major mechanical issues.

Also, see if they'll throw in some extended warranty (a year or two) or a remorse period if you choose to return it (common for under-warranty used cars at a dealer lot).
    Woo hoo!

And - if it makes you feel better, I didn't realize commas followed the same rule as fullstops (inside quotes), while question marks did not (I thought I knew this one, and did!)

What about semi-colons? How about ...
    "Lets take a walk;", he said "you'll feel better in no time."

Don't think any other way is possible. And yes, that may not be the best example of where to use a semi-colon, but the best I could think of quickly - you know what I mean!
    Or is it 4/50 only for 2003 Mazdas first sold after November-ish 2002? Rich? MaltB?
    With a subtle change in an attempt to cool down our fearless moderator, your sentence should read:

"Let's take the Protege," he said; "you'll feel better in no time."

But when in doubt, you always could split that in two:

"Let's take the Protege," he said. "You'll feel better in no time."

Meade
    The change to four years was not "grandfathered back" to those cars sold prior to the change. The warranty is a feature of the car at the time of sale, and represents a contract between you and Mazda. At least that's what my sales manager told me.

Meade
    I just noticed post 1149 on the Mazda Tribute discussion -- made by none other than one of the Town Hall's newest members, my IT MANAGER who works in the office next door to mine!!! I referred him here; where's my hundred bucks?

Or at least a "Get Away With Off-Topics Free" card?

;-)

You go, Jeff!!!

(How convenient to have your IT Manager as a workplace co-surfer ...)

Meade
  • meinradmeinrad Posts: 820
    Plus,......

Na Na Na Na, You were wrong! Na Na
    ;-)

... And since it probably would be the IT guy who would have to point out my infraction to the General Manager, then I guess I've got some built-in blackmail and therefore some insurance? How many of you who post at work do so with the full knowledge of your IT Department? Hmmmmmmm?

Meade
    Since I am the IT department! LoL, small as Our company may be.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    Got so many posts.
    do you know where your Protege is?

ABQ News is reporting that more and more cars are not staying where their owners put them after arriving at work. The worst offenders are the Mazda Protege family of cars. "They leave the lots soon after being parked", says one staffer. The cars appear to be looking for fun. What happens if the owners want to leave work early? It appears they are just out of luck and it's a rish the cars appear ready to take.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    As soon as Meade goes home for the weekend, this topic will be renamed Protege Posse.

Then I will hurry to create a new topic that will be -- LO!! -- a place where folks can come to find information on a sedan called the Mazda Protege.

Just imagine how nice that will be for *all* the members of our community!!

:-D

Happy first weekend of 2003!!
  • protege_fanprotege_fan Posts: 2,405
    If this is renamed "Protege Posse," what is to become of the existing "Protege Posse" forum? Oh woe is me.

:P
  • mazdafunmazdafun Posts: 2,322
    No wonder some folks experience low fuel economy. Not only do they zoom zoom, but their cars do it on their own on the sly. :)
    I hope you miss me; this discussion gets mighty dull when I'm not around.

Have a good weekend.

I'll find you Monday.

And this wasn't on-topic either.

But you can remind me of that with my next e-spanking.

Meade