Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protegé

Comments

• chicagoprochicagopro Posts: 1,009
    You might want to add a disclaimer onto that comment about the ethylene glycol. That stuff is instant death for cats. But thank you for suggesting the diagnostic at the dealership.

Darren...took delivery on 01/13/01, so yes, I'm still under warranty.

No blue or white exhaust.

My original question still stands, gentlemen:

Should I try adding that sealer/sealant stuff to the radiator?

Mike: No, you.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    I wouldn't have said it if I didn't know that... :-)

NO
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    they walk all over and scratch my cars. A little ethylene glycol cat food does wonders for your neighborhood cat population.

Disclaimer:I love indoor cats though. I've had mine for 6 years now and she's only been in the dryer once.
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    u mean u actually opened up the hood and checked the coolant level?

Amazing :)
  • meinradmeinrad Posts: 820
  • dsm6dsm6 Posts: 813
    They might be able to fix it circumventing the need for any of that stop leak stuff.

I'm shocked nobody jumped on the fogging windows comment. You folks are loosing your touch.
    Chikoo: Don't tell the others, but I actually wasn't checking the coolant; I popped the hood to add more washer fluid.

Darren: "fogging windows".....ha ha ha ha ha ha.......
    Joking about what?
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Posts: 4,202
    "I've had mine for 6 years now and she's only been in the dryer once."

Umm gee, we need to talk later.
  • mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    Malt ... That wasn't even remotely funny. Shame on you.

Darren ... Our warranties are 50,000 miles, not 36,000. I'm surprised no one corrected you before now.

Meade
    I don't know why you posted here; this is the sedans discussion. Your post belongs in the "problems/solutions" discussion.

Keep up. :D

Anyway ... Why are you worrying about it? The car's under warranty. I'll echo others here. Take the freakin' thing in and let THEM worry about it!

Meade

P.S. Go ahead and ship the contents of your next litter-box change to Maltbarley. I'll do the same. Actually maybe I'll make a personal visit and leave them in a flaming bag on his porch.
    Mazda's standard warranty was 3 years/50,000 miles bumper to bumper until mid-2001 when it changed to 4 years/50,000 miles.

My 1992 LX had the same 3 year, 50,000-mile warranty. The fact that it's 50,000 miles made me a Mazda owner in the first place, beating Toyota and Honda who offer only 3/36K.

You bought a car and you don't know how long the warranty lasts? My message to you, O One Who Tells Others to Keep Up, is to read the manual. (The warranty manual in this case ... it's the thinner one in your owner's folder ... unless of course the car wash water damage has rendered it unreadable.)

Meade

P.S. I guess you must've really been wondering why Larry and I, as well as a few others, were counting down to 50,000 miles so painstakingly ...
    Yep, before I left for work, I actually opened up the manual and looked for the warranty info.

And then dug around and found the thinner warranty brochure, and there it was, in black and white, 36 months/50K.

Also checked that oil filler cap thingy (after again consulting the manual--the big one this time), and didn't see any light brown icky stuff, so I guess my head gasket is okay for the time being.

Thanks again for all your replies, folks...I'll let you know what happens.
    ... until after 6 years/100,000 miles ...

:D
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    How much was that warranty if I may ask and what's your deductible on it?
    Malt ... That wasn't even remotely funny. Shame on you.

I understand not everyone will find it funny, but as long as it works for a couple of peeps, I'm ok with that.
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    Some people think of their pets as their children. What would you say to a post about poisioning one of your kids?
  • protege_fanprotege_fan Posts: 2,405
    Just drop it already.

My Protege is doing great. Really needs a wash to get all that salt/grime off though. As long as it stays nice this weekend, I'll be doing a total spring cleaning of him; wash, clay bar, wax, vacuum interior, etc.